Best (and worst) animated leaders in Civ 5

Don't get me wrong, I love Casimir's screen.

It's when he starts talking I start giggling.

Suleiman seems very... underwhelming.

Washington never occupied the White House. According to Wikipedia:

"Following his April 1789 inauguration, President George Washington occupied two executive mansions in New York City: the Samuel Osgood House at 3 Cherry Street (April 1789 – February 1790), and the Alexander Macomb House at 39–41 Broadway (February–August 1790)."

and

"The White House is the official residence and principal workplace of the President of the United States, located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, D.C. It has been the residence of every U.S. president since John Adams in 1800."

Good catch! So embarrassing for me--I love history lol. Now I'm starting to wonder if it was Adams instead. I mean Washington could have, but just not at the White House lol.

Casimir's screen is one of the VERY few that is actually set in medieval times. Most of Europe's leaders are Rennaisance + Later OR Classical era. There's a reason those times were called the dark ages.
Also, people were in general shorter as they are nowadays, so that might explain him appearing to be a bit short. This also seems to be a bit of a camera angle thing though.
But as far as accuracy goes, I think they nailed Casimir.
As for his outfit, compare:

Spoiler :

with
Spoiler :

Wow! They nailed it indeed!

Don't get me wrong, I love Casimir's screen.

It's when he starts talking I start giggling.

Oh yeah, I love this insult of his: "I'm getting tired of seeing your face. I wish you would just go away or something.":lol: that's it Cassimir, you tell 'em!:crazyeye:

Suleiman seems very... underwhelming.

His voice is really something I think. The background looks rather ornate but blurred.

Speaking of funny leader actions, last night Harald Bluetooth was talking to me, and he, like the rest of the world, I have pissed off for years (due to destroying another civ lol). I don't remember if he was denouncing me or just giving one of those hostile statements or something, but he took off his helmet--at first I was like "oh, okay, maybe he's not mad anymo..." and then he turned around, started walking to the other end of the ship, and threw his helmet away! Not sure if this is more normal for him or if this was just a product of random personality lol. But it was funny because I've never seen a leader actually do that!

Speaking of funny leader actions, last night Harald Bluetooth was talking to me, and he, like the rest of the world, I have pissed off for years (due to destroying another civ lol). I don't remember if he was denouncing me or just giving one of those hostile statements or something, but he took off his helmet--at first I was like "oh, okay, maybe he's not mad anymo..." and then he turned around, started walking to the other end of the ship, and threw his helmet away! Not sure if this is more normal for him or if this was just a product of random personality lol. But it was funny because I've never seen a leader actually do that!

Was he by chance talking about one of his spies having been caught? They tend to show their defeat screen in that case.

His voice is really something I think. The background looks rather ornate but blurred.

I entirely agree, his voice is amazing for him. My only problem is his lack of movements. He really doesn't move much.

Was he by chance talking about one of his spies having been caught? They tend to show their defeat screen in that case.

Could be.

And speaking of Casimir, when I caught one of his and confronted him about it, he had his side turned to me and his head hung lol. Washington was similar as well.

I entirely agree, his voice is amazing for him. My only problem is his lack of movements. He really doesn't move much.

Yeah. And actually I kinda take back my statement about the background though. It's not that blurry--I was just thinking it was, for some reason, but it's not. It shows more than I was thinking. It does look quite ornate inside but a different angle might be kind of nice. Or a bit more movement.

Boudicca waves her arms and sword around a lot it seems like, speaking of movement lol.

And I must say that the Indonesian dude's sword (speaking of holding swords) is pretty crazy looking. Might not want to be on the wrong end of that.

Suleiman makes me so MAD!!!!!!!! His BG is ok but himself is just terrible....he never moves he just stares at you holding his Book of Weirdness.....

Suleiman makes me so MAD!!!!!!!! His BG is ok but himself is just terrible....he never moves he just stares at you holding his Book of Weirdness.....

:lmao: Book of Weirdness is actually the technical term

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I think Suleiman was made well.. I don't think he's that annoying though..

I don't really know much about Songhai or whatever I guess, but I thought that having the burning settlement background for that instead of the Huns was strange. Maybe the Huns didn't burn down places lol. But just thought I'd throw that out there. Theoretically it could also go for the Vikings too in a way. But yeah just wanted to throw that out there.

I don't think I've seen or really analyzed every ruler's screen yet, so I'll have to start looking more at them. IIRC I do like Harald Bluetooth's but I've only seen it like once and don't remember it as well.

I think the burning background for Askia looks fantastic! But others have pointed out that it might not be the most fitting historically.

Maybe in the context of the Vanilla leaders, and the Songhai UA and UU. But Attila and Temujin (Genghis) having such tame backgrounds, it would have been more appropriate there.

I find the movement of Denmark's leader on his boat (cant recall his name) really awkward and creepy, and it just looks wrong somehow.

With Harald, it's all about "I'm On a Boat!"

My favorite leaderscreens and leaders are Theodora followed by Dido. Gorgeous women and gorgeous backgrounds. And despite all the Alex hate, he and Bucephalus are my favorite male leaderscreen.

Others of (positive) note:

Harun - Beautiful setting.

Montezuma - Perfect for Monty and the Aztecs. Might be over-the-top for other civs, but just right here.

Hiawatha - Nice wilderness setting.

Others of (negative) note:

Ashurbanipal - Generic bearded guy in a uninspired setting

Nebuchadnezzar - Generic bearded guy in a uninspired setting. The green flames make me think of The Black Cauldron for some reason.

Attila - Bearded guy in a hat in a boring setting. For such a ferocious leader, there really should be more action in the setting, as opposed to him just lounging about.

Casimir III - Generic bearded guy in a uninspired setting

I think the burning background for Askia looks fantastic! But others have pointed out that it might not be the most fitting historically.

Maybe in the context of the Vanilla leaders, and the Songhai UA and UU. But Attila and Temujin (Genghis) having such tame backgrounds, it would have been more appropriate there.

With Harald, it's all about "I'm On a Boat!"

My favorite leaderscreens and leaders are Theodora followed by Dido. Gorgeous women and gorgeous backgrounds. And despite all the Alex hate, he and Bucephalus are my favorite male leaderscreen.

Others of (positive) note:

Harun - Beautiful setting.

Montezuma - Perfect for Monty and the Aztecs. Might be over-the-top for other civs, but just right here.

Hiawatha - Nice wilderness setting.

Others of (negative) note:

Ashurbanipal - Generic bearded guy in a uninspired setting

Nebuchadnezzar - Generic bearded guy in a uninspired setting. The green flames make me think of The Black Cauldron for some reason.

Attila - Bearded guy in a hat in a boring setting. For such a ferocious leader, there really should be more action in the setting, as opposed to him just lounging about.

Casimir III - Generic bearded guy in a uninspired setting

When I first met Montezuma I was like "WTF?" lol.

I've only seen Hiawatha's in one game so far but yeah it was nice. I just like nature. How neat is that. Well that's neat.

Montezuma's would be put into the same category as Nebby's and Casimir's except for how much of a hilariously crazed loon Montezuma seems to be (at least when I met him) so the energy is different.

Now that I just thought of it, it seems like the Askia Songhai guy has what seems like a European longsword or something along those lines but I would've been under the impression that they'd have scimitars or what have you.

About Washington: why a picture of the Oracle is in his office? A symbol of liberty?

When I first met Montezuma I was like "WTF?" lol.
I think Monty is pretty much lifted from the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. His unhinged intensity is very much like that high priest of Kali, the guy who reaches into a person's chest and pulls out their beating heart.

The over the top performance is off-putting to me, but I agree that it fits his in-game personality. :lol:

Top Bottom