Beyond the Sword: WW II Road to War Question

gunhawk

Chieftain
I was playing the USA building up armor, planes and troops when the Axis declared war on me in 1941 and most of my cities went into starvation due to the citizens being unhappy. How do I prevent that?

Thanks.

Use a lot of your money and put it into culture. It has been awhile since I played it, but don't you become permenently allied with the British etc?

Use them to help with your research and you can use the rest of your money for culture.

I can not remember the game that well, but why are your people upset? Have you been at war for a while? If so the only game suggestions I can make is trade for resources, and if you have been at war for a while, attack sooner.

I always had troops ready in britian for when they declared war on me. I remeber one game I had so many troops ready, I took all of Germany's main cities about 50 turns into the war. haha take that Hitler

Use a lot of your money and put it into culture. It has been awhile since I played it, but don't you become permenently allied with the British etc?

Use them to help with your research and you can use the rest of your money for culture.

I can not remember the game that well, but why are your people upset? Have you been at war for a while? If so the only game suggestions I can make is trade for resources, and if you have been at war for a while, attack sooner.

I always had troops ready in britian for when they declared war on me. I remeber one game I had so many troops ready, I took all of Germany's main cities about 50 turns into the war. haha take that Hitler

Yes. You the USA did become part of the Allies automatically.

I didn't realize that putting money into culture would make the citizens happy. I know that I can't buy any improvements that would normally make them happy. No churches, colloseums, etc. are available for purchase.

I have no idea why thay became upset so quickly. Germany declared war and at least one of my cities immediately went to 6 unhappy citizens. I was amazed. The war had just started!

I tried trading for resources with the other major powers, Russia and the UK, but no trading of resources seems to be allowed.

Top Bottom