Beyond The Sword

I don't really see what you mean to do. Why nukes? We won't get them before monty. We want to outnumber an AI with one of the highest unit production? To even try we need more land. Talking this far into the future doesn't really help, depends too much on what happens in-between. Either we attack him soon(ish) or we keep picking on Alex/Asoka.

Not sure that trade embargo would work. For one, we can't offer Monty anything. How would you do that?

I was just thinking out loud. :) I personally don't see it as feasible to be honest.

No, I mean Charles. We could perhaps try to bribe him to stop trading with Monty.

It may have to wait until FR is available and CdG will lose the Religion bonus with Monty. We just have to be at Cautious with him and make sure he is at cautious with Monty to make this work.

Following that, we just get the trade embargo going and completely kill off Huayana with Monty completely unable to reach Huayana for defence.

No, I mean Charles. We could perhaps try to bribe him to stop trading with Monty.
More -ves with Monty, more chance to be attacked.

It may have to wait until FR is available and CdG will lose the Religion bonus with Monty. We just have to be at Cautious with him and make sure he is at cautious with Monty to make this work.
Speaking of civics, our's are pathetic :lol: We should adopt merc and HR when we get the chance. We don't need HR just yet but when we resume warring we will. FR would be great but since lib is such low priority after the free tech this will take a while.

Following that, we just get the trade embargo going and completely kill off Huayana with Monty completely unable to reach Huayana for defence.
OK sounds good - but again that's too far out imo. Would you attack Alex and/or Asoka before that, if yes, when? We need some sort of mid-term plan (say, 30-50 turns) and short-term plan (10ish turns).

Yeah, I was looking at our Civics but didn't think a switch to HR was necessary and worth anarchy. Same with Merc for now. :lol:

For now, I think Alex is definitely a good target. :) He's REALLY weak as well since we destroyed most of his stack as well.

.... so you would go after Alex now, why? I would take out Asoka first, go after Alex with superior units to limit losses and to get cheaper techs by leeching off him whenever possible instead of Monty.

Because he doesn't have many units at the moment since we completely destroyed his stack and will most likely start building units sooner rather than later which we don't want. We can kill Asoka at our own pace because he is so damn weak. Plus, an overseas invasion is a lot more hassle :p

I'm swamped... if you want you can play some more. I won't get to it before the weekend.

Quite interesting turnset :)

IHT (195) - 3 (198)
Nothing, really. Whip some more infra, mostly aqueducts. Put units into place for an assault on Alex.

4 (199)
Steal Astro off Alex as I finally had enough EPs.

6 (201)
Steal PP off Monty on the second attempt. DOW Alex, move stack towards Sparta and Mycenae.

7 (202)
Revolt (at -10% :() and capture Sparta. Kill 11 defenders, losing 2 maces and a vulture. Decided to go for Sparta because his fleet were stationned there (and auto-killed upon capture). Spawn another GG and settle him as MI in moai/HE city.

Asoka finally captures the barb city on his island :lol:

8 (203)
Capture Mycenae, lose 2 maces and kill 5 defenders.

9 (204)
Alex spawns a GE, let's hope he uses him wisely :) Monty in WHEOOH...

10 (205)
Revolt and capture Pharsalos, *just*. Lose 2 maces and kill 3 defenders. This has been a pretty bloddy war, for us as well... Start marching on Athenes.

11 (206)
Monty starts research on Rifling. Steal RP on the first attempt.

IBT
Alex moves some units out of Athens... funny.

12 (207)
I could attack them but would be across the river so I attack the lone lbow and move the stack there...

Should've gifted Alex Paper before the war as he's researching Edu afterwards and might have finished in time... oh well.

IBT: Indian revolt in Delhi.

I sent out a galley with spies to monty as they were all used and IBT the galley kills a caravel. I thought I was sending it safely, with no caravel in range... no harm done though :)

13 (208)
Start the turn by revloting Athens... let the bloodbath commence!

15 (210)
Sparta and Mycenae are out of revolt. Our last, brave maces close in on Corinth.

16 (211)
Revlot and capture Corinth. That one went better than expected :) 6 kills w/o losses. Helped along with the surviving maces capturing the western cities.

IBT: BRILLIANT for us, HC captures a barb city not too far away from us and rescinds his vassallage to monty :) Hope at last ;)

18 (212)
Stop here because a GSpy spawns in Uruk.

---

Game looks in better shape now. I didn't play this turn yet, just hit enter to find out what kind of GP would spawn. What do you want to do with it? I'd go for a second SY, since we'll get access to the improved spy buildings soon.

Spies are arriving in Monty's city to put the 5k EPs to use, starting on the next turn (waiting for discount).

Monty has an island city, I am building a galleon to locate it and discover HC's city to find out where to steal from cheapest. Switched EPs on HC.

Since capturing the 2 western cities, we finally have enough workers :D I have been focusing on growth a bit more. Since we should get Chemistry soon, building workshops everywhere isn't a bad idea, we were planning to run some sort of HE anyway.

Units are recovering in Athens, our PLENTYFUL stock of Lbows is watching over them. I think we should be able to take Knossos after a revolt and maybe a few suicide LBows. I mean, come on, those LBows aren't good for anything anyway... not at this point.

Another, and most likely better option is to wait 2 turns. Steal rifling in 1t, upgrade a few maces or lbows, then march on Knossos. That's probably what I'd do.

Our eastern cities should build a few galleons, to get our units to Asoka's cities.

Re Monty war: Not sure he'll declare on us, though it's likely. HC going free gives us more time (since Monty's power dropped). We should try and get Chemistry and build a few frigates, to try and take out a stack of his, should he attack. Darius would trade chemistry with us but not at an acceptable price.

Overview of New-Sumeria:

Territory that we desperately need to explore:

Attachments

• Espionage Economy AD-1515.CivBeyondSwordSave
    335.2 KB · Views: 253
Wow, things are looking good! :) Looking at the save now. Will post somewhat of a plan as soon as I can. This is the only Civ game I'm playing at the moment so should be able to get this one done soonish :)

Plan:
Whip out some infra in the captured cities.
Whip out lots of frigates (higher priority than infra except granaries and maybe zigs)
Steal Chemistry ASAP
Kill off Alex (steal education first maybe???)
Sell DR for gold and whatever really.
Sell off other non monopoly techs unless it's someone we don't want to give it to
I can finally say: Micro in cottage worker is looking interesting :p :lol:

Whip out some infra in the captured cities.
Whip out lots of frigates (higher priority than infra except granaries and maybe zigs)
Steal Chemistry ASAP
I wouldn't whip too many frigates. Buliding them normally should do, we have plenty of coastal cities.

Kill off Alex (steal education first maybe???)
Sounds good. We're not that strong so waiting a few turns until we can take him with rifles is a good idea to limit losses. But if he takes too long with edu, don't bother. Make sure there are enough spies ready there though.

Another thing: Scout those northern cities and make sure we'd see Monty's fleet coming. Also keep an eye on civics and feel free to (finally) revolt to something useful :D

Seems good. Perfect timing of your response as I have a day off of work today! :)

T0- Nothing much happened. I moved the units around to our newly captured city. Settled GSpy in Moai since it was giving us the most EP at the moment. Sold Drama to Asoka for 40 gold.

T1- Huayana has become a vassal of CdG. Made peace with Alex for DR and his map. Going to kill him as soon as I steal education. Start researching Constitution at 0%.

T2-Going to get 2 spies ready to go to Huayana to steal Chemistry ASAP. It seems Monty is going for us since he is building Galleons. Steal Rifling from Monty.

T3-Upgrades 3 LB’s to Rifles. Going to do the same for some Maces. Sold DR to Monty for 390 gold. 11gpt for Corn with CgD. Rifling (he was 1 turn away) to Huayana for 55 gold.
T4-Whip a granary and a colosseum in Athens. Steal Chem from Huayana. Set EP back to Monty. Sell DR to Darius for 90.
T5-Whip frigate in Corinth.
T6-Steal SM from Monty.
T7-I see Monty has two galleons coming towards me. I declare and kill them.
T8-He tries attacking my galleon with his galleon and loses :lol:
T9-Get units ready to kill off Alex. Put EP on hm (forgot :$ )
T10- Nevermind. Greeks declared on me. :lol:
T11: Steal Education from Alex. Monty wants Chemistry for peace. No ******* way.
T12: Wow, Monty is a clever dog! He sent a galleon around from the other side and took me by surprise. :lol: He has three cuirs near delhi and I think I will take peace here for 130 gold.
T13: Alex is dead! Stopping point.

Attachments

• Espionage Economy AD-1590.CivBeyondSwordSave
    351.3 KB · Views: 247
T1- Huayana has become a vassal of CdG. Made peace with Alex for DR and his map. Going to kill him as soon as I steal education. Start researching Constitution at 0%.
Ah - I didn't mean to sign peace, if anything a cease fire, but ok...

T4-Whip a granary and a colosseum in Athens. Steal Chem from Huayana. Set EP back to Monty. Sell DR to Darius for 90.
How?? There were no spies near HC, especially none with the discount.

Hum, save looks... special :D Should definitely use culture slider since most cities are :mad: and some MM is questionnable but ok. Cities lack infra in places.

War situation looks great, no reason to sue for peace?!? We are in nationalism and could easily fend off a a handful of cuirassiers with draftles...

Oh my god! I COMPLETELY forgot about draftles! So sorry about that, I was totally kicking ass by destroying all those galleons before they got to land on the mainland (with that one exception) :$
As for Huayana, it's the barb city. I used the galleon that was built to take two spies over to that island. Maybe it was T5 and I got it a bit mixed up though :p

Oh my god! I COMPLETELY forgot about draftles! So sorry about that, I was totally kicking ass by destroying all those galleons before they got to land on the mainland (with that one exception) :$
As for Huayana, it's the barb city. I used the galleon that was built to take two spies over to that island. Maybe it was T5 and I got it a bit mixed up though
No big deal. It's not like we were burning to fight monty anyway. He's already in WHEOOH (as is CdG) so he might redeclare or fight CdG, so he'll be busy one way or another. We surely can use the time in peace treaty to ship over a few spies safely.

We should discuss victory condition. Do you wanna stick to going space per variant considering the current state of the AIs?

I think Space variant isn't looking so good now considering the AI are REALLY sucking :lol: Not sure, what do you think we should go for?

Well, domination shouldn't be too hard. Go full-out draftles, stop building wealth (and thus lower EP slider) but build units.... if Monty re-declares, we can take him out (or at least a decent chunk of him), if he and CdG start warring, even better.

I am asking because going to space was part of the variant, so...

Top Bottom