Blacks and Whites see race relations differently

Then why try using it when the question was official language maybe next time look it up (hint America for the most part has no official language just de factos) also you never said it was de facto you said you were unsure of it being official

Florida. I'm not sure about the officiality (people fight over it all the time), but every single ATM in Miami-Dade and Broward county is in English AND Spanish. We have many spanish TV stations and all government functions can be preformed in spanish or english.

Which word did you not understand? Considering your above post and the two I provide below (which were responses to my post quoted above), I think you are confused. Maybe you just want to focus on a small technicality and not the issue? I dunno.

Am sorry but your wrong, only state that is officially bilingual in America is Hawaii every other state is de facto with others having secondly de facto (example Florida).

De facto isn't official learn the difference.

You still think he is "just anybody"? Try looking a few posts up. And his number are from 2006 census, that's why they are different. It doesn't change his point - the multiculturalism of Canada is an illusion.

What exactly is his point? That nearly all of Canada's minorities live in Toronto and Vancouver? So do most other Canadians. Aside from Aboriginals, there's not much reason for them to live in rural areas, seeing how it's all farmland, which is now almost occupied by entrenched heavy farmers. And farming these days isn't as profitable as it once was.

Why choose only Vancouver and Toronto? Toronto has long been a home to many minorities, and so when their families move over, they stay where they have contacts, in Toronto. Vancouver has long been the port of Asian immigrants. Those two are also two of the three biggest Canadian cities. The other one in the top three is Montreal, which doesn't do badly either, something like 26% of it's population is classified as a visible minority, and the Quebecois tend to hate just about anyone who isn't French.

By why are there not large numbers of minorities in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Manitoba, of St. Johns? It's too damn cold is why. And I mean that with complete seriousness.

Canada does have it's race issues. The issues raised by Douglas are valid ongoing problems. But what he said still contradicts what you were saying. If you're going to post articles to support your position, try to be consistent about it.

What exactly is his point? That nearly all of Canada's minorities live in Toronto and Vancouver? So do most other Canadians. Aside from Aboriginals, there's not much reason for them to live in rural areas, seeing how it's all farmland, which is now almost occupied by entrenched heavy farmers. And farming these days isn't as profitable as it once was.

Why choose only Vancouver and Toronto? Toronto has long been a home to many minorities, and so when their families move over, they stay where they have contacts, in Toronto. Vancouver has long been the port of Asian immigrants. Those two are also two of the three biggest Canadian cities. The other one in the top three is Montreal, which doesn't do badly either, something like 26% of it's population is classified as a visible minority, and the Quebecois tend to hate just about anyone who isn't French.

By why are there not large numbers of minorities in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Manitoba, of St. Johns? It's too damn cold is why. And I mean that with complete seriousness.

Canada does have it's race issues. The issues raised by Douglas are valid ongoing problems. But what he said still contradicts what you were saying. If you're going to post articles to support your position, try to be consistent about it.

Is that the only sentence you read from the article?

Try the one that ends the opening paragraph.

Multiculturalism [in Canada] is not only perfidious it is an illusion that needs to die.

I'm just trying to help.

I read the whole thing, but he didn't say all that much. His main points are that there are still serious race-related issues in Canada, that Canadians largely ignore this in everyday life as compared to Americans, that the predominant culture is very white, and that minorities are concentrated in cities.

Despite what he says, I still wouldn't call multiculturalism a lie, just that it's not omnipresent throughout Canada. And after all this, it still doesn't support your claim that the Canadian "non-white population is near 0."

Despite what he says, I still wouldn't call multiculturalism a lie, just that it's not omnipresent throughout Canada. And after all this, it still doesn't support your claim that the Canadian "non-white population is near 0."

Canada has more non-whites than I thought, granted. I stand corrected. I didn't expect with only 2.5% blacks that they would have over 10% non-whites total. It makes me wonder what qualifies as 'non-white', but I'm not that interested.

You think I cited his article to support that? No, I cited his article to dispel the illusion of Canada as a bastian of multiculturalism and to show how the US is better about the issue in some ways (that is, dealing with racism). So, how about you Canadians climb down off your pedestal and come on south to learn how to deal with racism. We'd be happy to teach you how to face it instead of burying it.

You know, I wouldn't have to do this if you Canadians would refrain from getting all uppity like that.

There's a substantial Asian population, and something like 5% Aboriginals.

Personally I'm not sure how the US could be 'better about the issue in some ways.' We have our issues up here, but we do seem to get along better up here.

But I'll avoid getting all uppity in the future just so long as you don't make very false statements.

HAs there been any race riots in Canada? Any militant black groups?

HAs there been any race riots in Canada? Any militant black groups?

There have been cases of Aboriginals protesting, though rioting may be too strong a term. The most recent, and thus memorable event, was a developer expanding on to land claimed by First Nations. They then began to block the roads. There have also been armed standoffs, but they tend to be the Natives telling the government to back off, and settled through negotiation.

Canada has more non-whites than I thought, granted. I stand corrected. I didn't expect with only 2.5% blacks that they would have over 10% non-whites total. It makes me wonder what qualifies as 'non-white', but I'm not that interested.

You think I cited his article to support that? No, I cited his article to dispel the illusion of Canada as a bastian of multiculturalism and to show how the US is better about the issue in some ways (that is, dealing with racism). So, how about you Canadians climb down off your pedestal and come on south to learn how to deal with racism. We'd be happy to teach you how to face it instead of burying it.

You know, I wouldn't have to do this if you Canadians would refrain from getting all uppity like that.

Oh, back to the future like in the thirties in the USA
where a good black was one who was hanging around ?
Pretty sick when one reads of black combat vets being turned away from eating in a dining room while some SS prisoners joined their white American comrades in the same room.
You are proud of that ?
I am only surprised that all those in the dining room did not get a couple of frags to share for pudding.

So rape victims asked for it too? :mischief:

I don't know how you come to that and I don't want to.

Fact is, the data can be interpreted in many ways (because it is garbage science - polling) and has nothing to do with rape.

Other people spouting garbage doesn't make your garbage okay. :nono:

My garbage was intended to show how fallacious any interpretation of the poll is by directly contradicting the OP and even having a foot within the BS data to stand on.

The OP garbage was an attempt to actually forward a BS interpretation.

Not the same thing, but I should have been clear that I do not actually think blacks are broadly racist. I kinda figured that was a given but I guess not around here (even with my reputation of despising bigotry).

I don't know how you come to that and I don't want to.

Fact is, the data can be interpreted in many ways (because it is garbage science - polling) and has nothing to do with rape.

Actually it does. Blaming the victim is an old tried and true method for conservatives do that which is most important to them in all the world, namely refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

Actually it does. Blaming the victim is an old tried and true method for conservatives do that which is most important to them in all the world, namely refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

You're assuming a victim exists, in modern America.

Your interpretation of the "data" in the OP is pure BS. You have grabbed onto a weak piece of crap poll and tried to use it to prove white people are smug. That's racist.

What this says to me is that America's whites are broadly smugly arrogant about the situation.

Why don't you go bash races on some other site. We don't need this sort of demonization here.

Pretending you are a victim is an old tried and true method for minorities to do that which is most important to them in all the world, namely refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

So, given your epic fail above, please tell me what action I am not taking responsibility for. Thanks.

Top Bottom