[BtS] DIPLOMACY: a mod for Diplogames!

@Capo: You should definitely release Hermann von Salsa. Maybe you finally get around to release your reworked Collins too :)
And I really like your Henry VIII to, it's the best reskin/upgrade of Colonization's Spanish King IMO. You should consider uploading that too...

I agree on Conrad, it's pretty generic looking. You will see what to do with him, I kinda like this reskin though.

@TAdF: There are many mods with the Petra wonder, for example cybrxkhan World of Legends
And the Petra was on the to-be-added wonders list, just got out because it's art is already used, as Capo said before.

Damn, I have been pretty busy with RL the past few days. :crazyeye:

Anyway, I'm getting around to putting together the playtest, and I will DEFINITELY have it out this weekend, sorry for the constant delays. I have to say the TR mod has some fantastic stuff in it, it also has some great buildings and I'm actually going to ask GeoModder if he could upgrade CC for me and maybe add a couple of city-styles (something for Polynesia and maybe a couple others that would be used for modular civs), we'll see how that goes.

I still haven't thought of anything good for the UB wonder, but here are some cool graphics from TR that could work. I have always wanted Great Zimbabwe in the game to represent Africa better, but I don't know that it really fits the wonder and its feature. I have also attached an image of the new King Richard's Crusade building. :goodjob:

Attachments

• PotentialNewWonders.jpg
    PotentialNewWonders.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 89
  • NewKRC.jpg
    NewKRC.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 92
Holy @#$%camole, I've got even more nicking to do!

:lol:

In WoL I used Great Zimbabwe to give a free 'herbalist' (an early-age health building) in every city. I guess you may not have an equivilent for your mod, so if you do give it a bonus it could be something along the lines of a political or economical bonus.

Holy @#$%camole, I've got even more nicking to do!

:lol:

In WoL I used Great Zimbabwe to give a free 'herbalist' (an early-age health building) in every city. I guess you may not have an equivilent for your mod, so if you do give it a bonus it could be something along the lines of a political or economical bonus.

Well in general I am against adding things for the sake of adding things, but I think another African wonder would be good. We'll see.

Here's a quick preview of some of the really cool (and I think unreleased) units that are in TR in case anyone was interested in finding them. I'm not sure what I'll do with all of these units, but I plan on using most of them. :goodjob:

Attachments

• SomeNewUnits.jpg
    SomeNewUnits.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 109
Those are some *very* *very* sexy units Capo! You should put them into your mod immediately or create a Berber civ and use them!

The Great Zimbabwe wonder should have a giant statue of this.

Those are some *very* *very* sexy units Capo! You should put them into your mod immediately or create a Berber civ and use them!

I could have sworn they were your work. They have that Bakuel look to them, and they are named similarly to the way you name your units. :mischief:

I'm first concerned wtih adding them to my mod for the base civs, I think I can edit them to look decent enough for that. My plan is to use them for Persia and Arabia for the most part, some of them obviously will not be used. I'm still working on getting the units upgraded, there are going to be A LOT of changes in that department, so it is taking a while longer than I expected. I also want to give the Flavian Amphitheatre one more go, but I still intend on getting it out this weekend. I'm pretty beat from a busy week, so a good weekend of relaxation and modding will be a nice respite.

Here's a quick preview of some of the really cool (and I think unreleased) units that are in TR in case anyone was interested in finding them. I'm not sure what I'll do with all of these units, but I plan on using most of them. :goodjob:

Hehe, just stumbled across them in the Carthage folder as well, most will go straight to my new Berber civ :)

Looking forward to your next beta :D

Alright, quick update, I just got finished compiling and reskinning all of the units for the update. It was very tedious (and I still may not be done doing units, I want to keep updating them until the final release so they are as fresh as possible), but I got through it. Here's a quick preview of one of them...

...you like? Anyway I have also contacted GeoModder about an update of CC for this mod, since some of the buildings are redundant (a lot of the crescent and anunnaki religious buildings conflict) he is going to change some of them for me so that there aren't double-buildings. I have also asked him to make a Polynesian/South Pacific city-set so the Polynesians don't have the exact same cities as the Inca. I have also asked him if he could possibly make an Eastern European (i.e. non-Russian) city-style, as well as a Latin-American one for use in the Americas and Europe module packs. We'll see if he has time. Anyway right now, literally right now, I am going to start putting in the new units, cutting down the file sizes and getting this thing ready for the next playtest. :goodjob:

Attachments

• RomanJetFighter.jpg
    RomanJetFighter.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 226
Damn!!!!!

Alright, quick update, I just got finished compiling and reskinning all of the units for the update. It was very tedious (and I still may not be done doing units, I want to keep updating them until the final release so they are as fresh as possible), but I got through it. Here's a quick preview of one of them...

...you like? Anyway I have also contacted GeoModder about an update of CC for this mod, since some of the buildings are redundant (a lot of the crescent and anunnaki religious buildings conflict) he is going to change some of them for me so that there aren't double-buildings. I have also asked him to make a Polynesian/South Pacific city-set so the Polynesians don't have the exact same cities as the Inca. I have also asked him if he could possibly make an Eastern European (i.e. non-Russian) city-style, as well as a Latin-American one for use in the Americas and Europe module packs. We'll see if he has time. Anyway right now, literally right now, I am going to start putting in the new units, cutting down the file sizes and getting this thing ready for the next playtest. :goodjob:

Beautiful.
I'm always happy to see unique-looking versions of air/naval units, since for the most part they tend to get looked over. And that? Wow, that's awesome looking.
I think probably the Civ I most want to see get unique modern units is the Incans. Have like sun emblems on everything.

Since I'm going to be updating the units up until the mod is released some of the units in the next playtest will either be place-holder units, or will be units that haven't been skinned yet, but have the same model. For example the Aztecs have bombers with Mexican roundels on them, but they'll be changed for the final. This is A LOT of crap I have to do right now, so I'm going to keep on it, but I'm getting a bit drained.

This was a lot more work than anticipated, I am pretty much finished with the unit updating, but there was an unforseen issue I had to resolve (RL issue, not mod issue) that has taken some time out of this for me. But, on the plus side I think everything looks a lot better than before (thanks to RPG's suggestions, and the influx of new units). One thing I just remembered that I haven't adressed yet was the early modern (Machinegunner, Infantry, AT Infantry) units for Carthage and Greece (and Byzantium). I can't find anything solid online that I should base them on, so if anybody has some time on their hands and wants to scrounge up some pictures I could use for that, it would be very helpful to me.

I want to do a quick LH update as wel, and then the Flavian Amphitheatre. I know, I keep delaying this, but I wanted to get all of this done beforehand. So sorry for the week delay, but it will be ready very soon. :goodjob:

To summarize: I need some good images of Greek (WWI or WWII era) soldiers, and an idea for some Carthaginian soldiers. I suppose I could use Morrocan or Libyan soldiers, I was also thinking of just giving them the same troops I use for Israel. These will only be for the Machinegunner, Anti-Tank Infantry and Infantry.

Alright, I have tomorrow and potentially wednesday off, so I'm going to try and put a huge dent into this mod. I have to add some units Bakuel made (fortunately I already had most of them), then I really wanted to get the LHs FINISHED. I think I am going to ditch the Lalibela LH for now and simply add Igor's Menelik (I am changing the crown though, for sure). So Lalibela is out and Menelik II is in, if anyone wants to make the obligatory AI personality and Diplomacy text that would be appreciated.

So to recap, here's what I'm doing as we speak:
1) Finish latest unit-update
2) Polish off the LHs (make sure their all updated with appropriate shading, new BGs, etc.)
3) Add the Flavian Amphitheatre and test it out.
4) Release the next playtest. :goodjob:

After that, I want to try and breeze through all of the new features, then I THINK we'll be ready to roll... hopefully...

Top Bottom