BtS: International web order by country

Mercade

the Counsellor
This thread aims to provide an overview of all stores that offer a pre-order of Civilization IV : Beyond the Word around the world.

The listed shipping date is the date advertised on the site, if any. This date may or may not be correct.

United States
Amazon.com - US$ 29.99 - incl. shipping, release 23 July
EBGames.com - US$ 29.99 - shipping unspecified, ships 23 July
Yahoo.com Take2Store - US$ 29.99 - shipping unspecified, release unspecified

Australia
Gameswarehouse.com.au - AUS$ 42.95 - shipping unspecified, release 20 July

Belgium (see also Europe)
LDLC.be - EUR 20.23 - excl. shipping, release unspecified

Canada
Amazon.ca - CDN$ 29.99 - excl. shipping, release 24 July

Denmark (see also Europe)
Softfair.dk - DKK 273.00 - incl. shipping, release 27 July

Europe
CD-WOW.com - EUR 24.53 / GBP 16.75 - incl. shipping, release 27 July, covers EU, Switzerland
Play.com - EUR 23.49 / GBP 14.99 - incl. shipping, release 27 July, covers Western Europe

France (see also Europe)
Amazon.fr - EUR 20,00 - incl. shipping, release 20 July

Finland (see also Europe)
Konsolinet.fi - EUR 39,00 - shipping unspecified, release 20 July
Puolenkuunpelit.com - EUR 32,90 - shipping EUR 2,40, release 20 July

Germany (see also Europe)
Amazon.de - EUR 29.99 - incl. shipping, release 20 July
BOL.de - EUR 23.98 - incl. shipping, expected 20 July
OkaySoft.de - EUR 27.50 (UK version EUR 26.90) - incl. shipping, release 19 July

Netherlands (see also Europe)
BOL.com - EUR 19.99 + approx EUR 3.00 shipping, release 20 July
CD-WOW.nl - EUR 24.53 - incl. shipping, release 27 July, covers EU, Switzerland
MusicStore.nl - EUR 19.99 - shipping unspecified, release 20 July

New Zealand
Gamesman.co.nz - NZ$ 44.99 - shipping unspecified, release 20 July
GPStore.nz - NZ$ 49.95 - incl. shipping, release 20 July

Norway (see also Europe)
CDON.com - Price unknown - shipping unspecified, release 27 July
GameZone.no - NKR 249.00 - shipping unspecified, release 27 July

Poland (see also Europe)
Cenega.pl - Price unknown - shipping unspecified, release unspecified

South Africa
Take2.co.za - Price unknown - shipping unspecified, release 20 July (this is not the Take2 the publisher)

Spain (see also Europe)
Game.es - EUR 19.99 - shipping unspecified, release 20 July

Sweden (see also Europe)
Playzone.se - SEK 349.00 - shipping unspecified, release 27 July
Spelbutiken.se - SEK 299.00 + SEK 25.00 shipping - release 20 July

Switzerland (see also Europe)
LDLC.ch - CHF 26.25- excl. shipping, release unspecified

United Kingdom (see also Europe)
Amazon.co.UK - GPB 14.98 - incl. shipping in UK, release 27 July
Gameplay.co.uk - GBP 14.99 / EUR 22.95 - incl. shipping in UK, release 27 July
Play.com - GBP 14.99 / EUR 23.49 - incl. shipping, release 27 July, covers Western Europe

The links for Amazon and EBgames above are copied from the CivFanatics pre-order ad, so if you use them, you support CivFanatics.

If you have any corrections or additions of sites or countries, please post in this thread or send me a PM.

Mercade

Another site for the UK is Gameplay.com. They are selling it for just £14.99. This includes free second class delivery which should get you the game on release date. If you want to receive it a little earlier, you can pay an extra pound for first class delivery.

I have already placed my order at Bol.com.
Will be interesting to see when it arrives. Probably not the 20th, but around the 27th with the rest of the world.

Even though I'm from Europe, think I will place an order at Amazon - cheaper and released earlier.
Hmmm.. Well, provided Amazon does ship on time (which they don't have the greatest track record of, if you're buying from Europe, there are significant shipping charges and/or shipping delays.
Another site for the UK is Gameplay.com. They are selling it for just £14.99. This includes free second class delivery which should get you the game on release date. If you want to receive it a little earlier, you can pay an extra pound for first class delivery.
Thanks, added.
I have already placed my order at Bol.com.
Will be interesting to see when it arrives. Probably not the 20th, but around the 27th with the rest of the world.
Yeah, that is a very good price for only 19.99 euro. Oddly enough BOL.de charges 29.99 for the same product. Funny how for Civ4, using play.com was the cheapest option for NL, but now BOL.com is much more attractive.

Where's Canada? it's gonna be released in Canada while i'm there so i might as well get it. Possibly at a cheaper price to.

Hmmm.. Well, provided Amazon does ship on time (which they don't have the greatest track record of, if you're buying from Europe, there are significant shipping charges and/or shipping delays.

Thanks, added.
Yeah, that is a very good price for only 19.99 euro. Oddly enough BOL.de charges 29.99 for the same product. Funny how for Civ4, using play.com was the cheapest option for NL, but now BOL.com is much more attractive.

The difference between the German and the Dutch Bol.com shops is pretty big. Wonder if the Dutch Bol.com made a mistake on that prize. Not that I complain. :D

Where's Canada? it's gonna be released in Canada while i'm there so i might as well get it. Possibly at a cheaper price to.

amazon.ca release date is jul 27, but if you use the supersave free shipping you'd have to wait for another week

i think i will go downtown and scope around to pick up a copy after work on 23 or 24.

Thanks Mercade for the list. I added a couple more links, for amazon.ca and amazon.fr.

Hate to admit this, but I'm going to let piracy crawl all over the expansion before I get it.

Germany :

OkaySoft :
UK Version 26,90 €
German Version 27,50 €
Shipping 19.7

Unfortunately staggering release dates like this is the biggest way to encourage piracy for such an anticipated game.

Guess they (in general)will never learn, just sit back and moan about piracy:rolleyes:

NOOO!!

I already pre-ordered BtS from amazon.uk and now I see that I could pre-order it earlier from Finland.

Can you cancel pre-orders?

Edit: Apparently yes.

Of those companies listed above, did any of them deliver Warlords on the date that they estimated?

If so we can take a good guess at the real release dates.

NOOO!!

I already pre-ordered BtS from amazon.uk and now I see that I could pre-order it earlier from Finland.

Can you cancel pre-orders?

Edit: Apparently yes.

Usually you can cancel pre-orders, but I wouldn't put too much faith in the advertised pre-order dates anyway. Amazon doesn't have a very good track record in this field, though.

Top Bottom