[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

Maybe The_J will let you take on the CV version?

Tested the save again, no luck :/.
Due to the SDK components, which are in (the CAR mod; doesn't affect Macs), I can't test if with a debug dll :/. Going through the WB (which will not really give a meaningful result) shows that in the next round a diplo window might pop up...which doesn't.
Since the CAR mod does something about caching, incl. the diplomacy, I might have to blame something in there. Is maybe the best if I remove the dll from the download, just in case. Because the 2 broken saves worry me now :/.

Edit: For some reason, it no longer works. It gets to the point where it loads uncached XML and then quits unexpectedly.

Oh, had not seen the edit!
Did you test it later again? (just hoping for something temporary :scared:...)

Hey J, if you ever start up this mod again tell me cause I would love to help, and could probably provide some art im sure you were needing before:D

Unlikely at the moment, but thanks for the offer :).

Maybe The_J will let you take on the CV version?

CV version?

I tested it again later and it still didn't work :(

By CV version, I mean Civ V version.

Hi there,
I tried to load some older autosaves.
two turns before: freeze,
four turns before: no freeze,
tried to make different decisions, gave other orders to units, built other stuff in the citys...
So one time it stops, the other not. To me it seems like some event (diplomatic contact or random event or ???) is broken...

Funny thing I recognized:

-When plain BTS 3.19 freezes I cannot do ANYTHING, Computer is just busy (100%CPU). No clicking, no Hotkeys, only Emergency Exit (Reboot Button on Computer), works. But then after the restart the game can be played on.

-When Mars Now freezes I can click through all the advisor screens, the civilopedia and even the main menu. I can even exit the game in a normal way. But the game remains broken.

o_O funny behaviour.

I guess you're right about your conclusion. I think it has to something to do with the diplomacy, but the only part which could interferre with it is not my own, and it'd be C++, which is not my department. Debugging-wise I'm lost at this part :/.

I tested it again later and it still didn't work :(

mmhh...is anyone else with a Mac here?
Maybe somebody else could test if it shows the same behaviour for him.

By CV version, I mean Civ V version.

Oh, everyone's free to try a Civ5 version of this here. And even if not, I could not prevent it :D.

I'm running Lion, if that changes anything.

I'm at 65 turns from the end, just discovered Mechanized Infantry, and my game crashes when I click it in the dialog that pops up when a city builds something. Tried many times, it's always a ctd. Is there any hotfix or workaround for this, other than not building Mechanized Infantry, obviously.

I'm also afraid the game may start crashing when AI starts trying to build Mech. Infantry on it's own turn, which would be out of my control :(

Just checked, can't load your savegame. After a short investigation of my patch logs, it seems you're not playing with the latest patch (this), because I fixed a problem with the mechanized infantry in patch C.

Since installing the patch will break your savegame, we'll have to figure out what the original problem was (can't remember :dunno:).
Like said, most likely it's a problem with the assignment of the graphics.
Please go to the mod folder (should be C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civ4\BtS\Mods\marsjetzt-04), there go to assets\XML\Art and open the ArtDefines_units.xml with a text editor (right click -> open with... -> choose wordpad or notepad).

Then search for ART_DEF_UNIT_GRENADIER (grenadier? Yes, my files are a mess). The entry should look like this:
PHP:
		<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_GRENADIER</Type>
			<Button>Art/Units/panzer/3/3.dds</Button>
			<fScale>0.43</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/panzer/3/m270.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/MechanizedInfantry/MechanizedInfantry.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/panzer/3/m270.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/MechInfantryShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>

If there's a comma in front Art/Units/panzer/3/3.dds, then please remove it and save the file. That should be enough to fix the problem.

Just checked, can't load your savegame. After a short investigation of my patch logs, it seems you're not playing with the latest patch (this), because I fixed a problem with the mechanized infantry in patch C.

Hm, patch E is the only one I have and I'm quite certain I had installed it, but now that I look at patch changelogs I think I'm playing unpatched v04. All the terrain around my cities is being terraformed into water. :(

If there's a comma in front Art/Units/panzer/3/3.dds, then please remove it and save the file. That should be enough to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot! The comma was the problem. You had every right to tell me that I'm an idiot for not patching the mod before playing it, but you still bothered to help me. Much appreciated.

Thanks a lot! The comma was the problem. You had every right to tell me that I'm an idiot for not patching the mod before playing it

You're not :). It's an easy mistake, that can always happen. Played also myself unpatched FfH2 for some time without realizing that there's a patch, so you're not alone ;).

, but you still bothered to help me. Much appreciated.

You're welcome :).

Hi, i'm playing the mod and it crach after 1hour , i saw that it's possible to make 2 command controle, first time i did it, the game crashed quickly, now i just build one, and don't use nasa civ anymore, is anyone have the same trouble? I realy love this mod, makes me thinking of alpha centaury.

I'm trying to run the mod on a Mac, using the version you linked to that's supposed to work for Macs. It doesn't load- something in the XML, I think, and the program crashes. Is there any information I can give you that might help?

*ugh* I thought I had removed the "mac compatible" in the first post.
Sorry, I don't have a real idea.
Alan gave me some hints about stuff which should be fixed, but I forgot about it :blush: and don't know if anything of that will actually fix the problem (this might be the fault, but I really don't know).

Additionally I could not test any changes at the moment, because my graphics card is semi-broken, and I'm delaying buying a new one due to monetary considerations :/.

So sorry :(, I don't really know where the problem is and can't try any fixes. I'm sorry :(.

I followed a link in a post a little up the thread from here.

It's OK, but I'm putting out a standing request, as a favor: does anyone else have a copy of the mod for a Mac that they know is working properly? Could we work out some kind of wacky "I send you this big file" thing?

Top Bottom