[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

There seems to be a bug that causes a crash to desktop when I try to build mech infantry.

Edit: I should have read the OP more carefully (facepalm)
I have same situation. Just black screen and when Windows said about of problem with CiV IV BTS, then it tried to find solution for this problem, then closed the game.

I let the scientists decode the message and it seems I have met the aliens, they died out after spawning in my territory so I WB'ed them back in to see what they'd do, I tried looking T'Challa up to see if someone had posted a similar occurrence here, but it ended up in results of a comic book character.

(Might I add he/she looks cool :D.)

The_J et al,

This will definitely be one of my favorite mods. I love the concept, graphics, music, themes, and SciFi allusions. I thought that the monolith was pretty funny, especially because a monolith-looking rock was actually spotted on Mars. As of now, my only complaint is that there are a lot of spelling and grammar errors, which sort of detract from the overall feel.

Anyway, it's evident that a lot of hard work and innovation went into making "Mars, Now!" and I thank everyone involved.

Anyway, it's evident that a lot of hard work and innovation went into making "Mars, Now!" and I thank everyone involved.

That's nice to hear, thank you :).

For the rest: Sorry, don't have time and energy to take the project up again. I'd like to polish it more, but no possibility at the moment :/.

Hi all!
And thanks to the gracious maker of what seems to be an absolutely exciting mod!
I've been trying over and over to get it to start at all but it just won't. I used to be on Win7 32, now on Win7 64 and after the first ,loading' screen comes and goes, nothing happens. I've checked out the task manager but there's no task either. What am I missing? Does anyone have a clue?
Thanks for your time!
Jason

Sadly I think I can't help you Jason, because I don't think there's an answer :/.
I'm not sure why, but on some machines some mods just don't load. The game attempts to restart, but just...doesn't.
One of the other mods around I never could get to load (I think the one of IgorS), because the game just doesn't want to. Must be some combination of the machine, the installation, and the mod. I've seen the same question in some other threads, and there doesn't seem to be any real pattern.
I'm sorry, I don't know how to help you :sad:.

If you're still interested in some other scifi mods (there's virtually a 0% chance that these also don't work), then take a look at Dune Wars, Planetfall or the Future Mod.

solis78 does other mods work
for you?

ill try to help

If you're still interested in some other scifi mods (there's virtually a 0% chance that these also don't work), then take a look at Dune Wars, Planetfall or the Future Mod.
and barsoom :)

Hmm, if it really is an unlikely and disadvantageous combination of different things, how likely would it be to occur on two separate machines of mine? That was why I was assuming that I was doing something wrong... I've played other mods before so I don't think that's the problem. I'll try the ones you mentioned, just for fun, but Mars is really what I'm after (o; I downloaded Mod Chooser, not knowing if that would make a difference but can't seem to get it to work right and I downloaded patch E and installed that too.
I'm grateful for any help, leads and suggestions. Thanks again!
J

P.S. Considering that this thread had been left untouched since early this year, it's really cool you both replied so quickly!

A mixture of different kinds of luck ;).

and barsoom :)

Oh, yeah, sorry :(, I'm not keeping track at the moment (and don't really plan to).

Hmm, if it really is an unlikely and disadvantageous combination of different things, how likely would it be to occur on two separate machines of mine?

hhmmm...that is probably also 0.
Can you confirm that the mod folder has all the contents it needs?
Means mainly if there's an Assets folder in the marsjetzt-v04 folder (and some other stuff), and that this folder itself has some contents (exact doesn't matter, just want to know if something has been installed).

I downloaded Mod Chooser, not knowing if that would make a difference but can't seem to get it to work right

What's happening when you try to start it?

Thanks guys (o:

Well basically when I try to start it, I get the very first unclickable window that just says loading... and then it vanishes and nothing happens and the process also disappears.

The folders seem to be full. I just had fun trying out all the different sounds...

Attachments

• Assets.JPG
    Assets.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Hauptordner.JPG
    Hauptordner.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 127
Update: I tried running it in compatibility mode (2K, XP, Vista, various service packs) and as an administrator. Beyond the sword itself starts fine but with Mars now, it won't. I've monitored the task manager while it starts and the most memory it'll take up when I try to start it is 44,000 K.

:dunno: looks all good.

Maybe try to delete the cvGameCore.dll in the marsjetzt-v04/Assets folder, maybe that has not been compiled in a way, which is suitable for your system (some OS versions are more picky than others; please note that for nearly all other mods deleting the cvGameCore.dll will be detrimental, because it normally has core functions for most mods in it; in the case here it's only speed improvement, so not critical).

Else I really have no idea.
It fails at a point, where modding has actually not yet come into play, it must be some sort of fault in the base BtS.exe, a strange fault :/.

It's working!!! I trashed the cvGameCore.dll and it worked! Guess what I'll be doing all night :D Thank you soooo much!!!

Top Bottom