Bug Report

Aug 11,2007(the following were reported by Impaler[WRG])

1) I noticed some of the graphics aren't working for me due to no shader versions on Dido Leader Head
2) Dido LH Button has that annoying square of bad alpha channel

1) Good point, but I can't do anything because I'm not an art designer. Aranor made original Isabell dds reskin, so he or another else artist could solve such bug.
Otherwise you should remove Dido from downloadable modular LHs

2) I made the button, but what exactly means "has that annoying square of bad alpha channel"? dds button has no alpha channel at all :confused:

The Canada Mod's RCMP unit has the same tech prerequisites as the cuirassier even though it is a cavalry unit. It has Gunpowder as a prerequisite instead of Rifling.

A general bug:
Creating a modular TechInfos file results in very weird results. Techs switch requirements and form crazy Tech loops (Polytheism requiring Laser and Advanced Flight for example)

Same problem with the promotions file :(

NN: Techs that are modular need to have pre-requisites that are either in the 'base' assets (what ever is found on TechInfo.xml under the XML folder) or a prerequisite on the same xml file. For example a line of techs A -> B -> C could all be on the same file and form one module but trying to make module A, module B, module C would be impossible due to dangling references. I suspect that garbage data is erroneously being kept as the pre-requisite after the KEY is not found.

Same behavior applies to Promotions and Projects and Unit Upgrade paths, basically any ware that a file type needs to reference elements of its own type.

NikNaks93.. I think What Impaler is refering to is better put in similar wording.

Does your technology have any prerequisites? If so, you have to include those on your new module as well. For instance. If you were to have a tech that fit between Polytheism and Monotheism.. Then you would have to include those to techs in your module. Just copy and paste them into your mod.

I hope i read that correctly Impaler... if not I'll apologize later.. but give it a shot.

Lemme know if it works.

Lots of How To: Documentation needs to be created, As we learn how to use this better.

OOPS this was a test I was playing with.. sorry about this.

Sent wrong copy. Will repair immediately

OOPS this was a test I was playing with.. sorry about this.

Sent wrong copy. Will repair immediately

Are you talking about the problem with the Canada Mod and if so, please let us know when the fixed file is available for download.

Hi!

Impaler[WrG];5859575 said:
NN: Techs that are modular need to have pre-requisites that are either in the 'base' assets (what ever is found on TechInfo.xml under the XML folder) or a prerequisite on the same xml file. For example a line of techs A -> B -> C could all be on the same file and form one module but trying to make module A, module B, module C would be impossible due to dangling references. I suspect that garbage data is erroneously being kept as the pre-requisite after the KEY is not found.

Those instructions don't help.
I have only one TechInfo file, which is identical to the file in the Next War scenario. It redefines the whole tech tree and adds some new techs. All prerequisites are in this file.
If I put it into the modules folder the tree is mixed up and if I put it into Assets\XML\Technologies everything is ok.

Matze

Top Bottom