Bugsy's Braves Ride Again

IBT – Historical landmarks pass and banning whales fail. Our tourism is now at 577 per turn. Victory now is 39 turns away.

Turn 259 – 1745 AD - :sleep:
IBT – The Canterbury Tales are now told in German

Turn 260 – 1750 AD - :sleep:

IBT – The people of Leipzig now have to speak Siamese. The travelers on the road to Canterbury return to their old English manner of speech.
Turn 261 – 1755 AD – Douglas: infantry => hospital
IBT – Gus wants an RA. In theory the game should be over by then, but I go for it. Just in case. The people of Canterbury now must learn to speak Korean.

Turn 262 – 1760 AD - A trade route opens up so I send it to Germany. Time to victory drops to 22 turns.
:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: I see that there is a German city much closer to our lands. :hammer2:

Edinburgh: rocket arty => rocket arty

Turn 263 – 1765 AD –Kill a German spy.

Truro: stock exchange => hospital
Cardiff: factory => hydro plant

Turn 264 – 1770 AD – We are influential with Sweden. One down, four to go. The Quarrymen finally make it to Germany. John and Paul are so pissed off at Pete Best for taking them the really long route that they fire him and find a drummer named Ringo.

Dublin: rocket arty => solar plant

Turn 265 AD – We’re now 11 turns away from victory after the Beatles hit Germany.

Combined Arms => computers

Turn 266 AD – 1780 AD – We’re now influential with England. Nine turns to go.

Great scientist nearly completes computers

Douglas: Hospital => rocket arty
Edinburgh: rocket arty => hospital

Turn 267 – 1785 AD – Computers => mobile tactics

Turn 268 – 1790 AD - Take urbanization with the next SP

Truro: hospital => fighter
Cardiff: hydro plant => hospital

IBT – We’re influential with Korea now. Two to go. Siam in 3, Germany in 7.

Turn 269 – 1795 AD – Nantes: caravansary

Turn 269 – 1795 AD – Edinburgh: hospital => bomber
IBT - Troll Face is plotting against us. Plot away. You’ll be toast in about four turns.
Turn 270 – 1800 AD - :sleep:
IBT – Bismarck is plotting against us. I think we can hold him off long enough to win. Korea completes Apollo.
Turn 271 – 1802 AD – Nantes: caravansary => fighter
IBT – Troll Face steals some cotton and iron north of Cardiff with a Great General.
Turn 272 – 1804 AD – Our spy reports that the little weasel is marching on Edinburgh. We are now influential over Siam.

Dublin: solar plant => fighter

IBT – Lizzy loses the city of York and is down to her capitol.
Turn 273 – 1806 AD – I use a great general to steal our tiles back from Troll Face. Of course he is pissed off. That puts our tourism over 600 per turn.

Douglas: rocket arty => fighter
Cardiff: hospital => rocket arty

IBT – Troll Face declares war. Puts forth a weak attack.

Turn 274 – 1808 AD – We have a great artist. Our tourism jumps to 620 per turn. Victory in two turns.

Here is the front:

Kill a few invaders.

Truro: fighter => bomber

IBT – Sidon falls to Korea after being bombarded by Swedish forces. Siam moves some troops our way.

Turn 275 – 1810 AD – Kill three invaders.

Edinburgh: bomber => bomber

I bribe Gus to declare war on Troll Face with some iron, horses, and coal.

IBT – Victory

If you are interested in having this game in your personal hall of fame, here is the pre-win save.

Attachments

• Boudicca_0275 AD-1810 Pre Win.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 232
I'd like to play another, but I would like to have some kind of variant. One of the ones that is most intriguing is a variant that Charis and Sirian played back in Civ III days - No worker improvements.

They played it on regent (Civ 5 would be warlord). Here is a link: FRFR

Here are the rules they used (edited for civ 5)

* Workers may not build tile improvements: no mines, no farms, no roads, no trading posts, no railroads.
* Clearing jungle, forest, nuclear fallout is OK.
* Building citadels, academies, manufactories, and custom houses is OK.
* Our cities may never make use of improved tiles. If we come into control of improved lands, we must pillage the tiles and remove the roads before we may use them.
* We are not allowed to sign open border agreements.

Essentially the only way you get a resource is by settling a city on it or trading for it. Production, commerce, unit movement, deployment of troops, and nearly everything we typically do in a game changes.

I am also open to other variations and restrictions, but the idea is to raise the bar beyond the standard game.

Or we can play something straight up. What would you like to do?

Top Bottom