Bugsy's Braves Ride Again

Ok!

T196: Landmark is up.
T197: Took out a small loan to rush a Gatling in Truro, while oneshotting a Treb
T198: Sweden joins the war against Siam for 3gpt :) however a Road has been pillaged and our economy has been cut off :/

do we still want Broadway? More units will be available in 3-5 turns and it should be more than enough.

As long as you think we have enough units, I'd say stick with Broadway. If not, go off it for a few turns to get the military up to speed then come back.

Out of curiosity, why was Douglas placed away from the coast? There was a fine location just 2 east of where the Koreans put Pyongyang that I was sure you would take. I thought Douglas was founded before the Koreans put Pyongyang in there, so apologies if it was not available. Just wondering on the thought process to see if I can learn something in regards to city placement.

Because of the river, basically

it's turn 204 now:

1. The Siamese are in retreat , few setbacks but no units got killed and production is switched back to Museums/Archaeologists
2. Economy is back up0 with +34 gpt, which is a massive improvement over a -20 we had
3. Zulus have backstabbed denounced us, Shaka is a jerk as well
4. Barb rifles appeared in the East, I have sent some spare units to deal with them as there's artifacts to be dug there
5. I have sent a trade route to Korea not previously checking if there is one already, as we desperately need gold.
6. We lose one trade route in the war, should be back up soon enough

T205: Rammkamtrollface steals Eiffel, we got 800 gold in return, damn that guy...
T208: Sign RA with Korea. Siam are definitely retreating, good riddance. The unit that was guarding the digsite West somehow got destroyed and I didn't pay attention to it. Welp
T209: Siam agrees to peace. They pay us 247 gold as well
T210: No longer at war with any neighbor city states as well. Economy is back, tourism is rising and things seem to be back to normal.

Bugsy, you are next. I really can't offer much advice at this point, other than to keep digging those artifacts, I think there's 3 around. You can also use the excess gold to upgrade Rifles to GWIs but up to you. At this point we should focus on the endgame and trying to staff the Broadway for the bonus, since that was (obviously) the plan.

I have also picked Capitalism for the happiness cushion, which will come in handy once we get Banks and Stocks up in all cities (I think we should). Plastics will be up in 2 turns, so your call where and when do we want Labs aiming for the final push to Internet, which should be available in 230-ish I guess with some generous bulbs

you should also try to hit Hotels somewhere. Although it may be wise to go Radar before Internet. Iunno

one more thing: repair the pillaged lux tiles to get the happiness back :)

Attachments

• celtsss.jpg
    celtsss.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 226
OK. I'll be playing some time in the next 24 hours or so. We're on holiday here in the US.

Preflight – turn 210 – 1500 AD - Make peace with Bismarck straight up. We need two musicians to fill the Hermitage. We can buy one with faith and we’ll have another in seven turns. We need to crank up the tourism. I see we created a landmark rather than an artifact. Personally, a landmark doesn’t do anything for us. Landmarks give culture not tourism. If we didn’t have a slot, then just stop the archaeologist before completing and build a museum.

There are only a total of 30 archaeological sites left on the map. 15 are hidden. We need to complete the exploration tree to get to them. Is that something we should pursue?

We can also go the rough and tumble way, essentially take the tourism items through war. I think that’s what consentient calls “violent culture”. I think that may be the only way we can win in a timely manner.

Bismarck is presently taking Shaka, stuffing him in a locker, and stealing his lunch money. Germany has 16 and Zulu has 10 tourism. So together that wouldn’t give Bismarck any edge.

:think: There aren’t too many things left that will help out tourism. The CN Tower will give us free broadcast towers. Researching the internet will double tourism. The National Visitors’ Center will make a nice bump. Hotels and airports will also help.

It may be too late for artillery to be effective. I would suggest that we head towards rocketry and get some rocket artillery. We could quickly roll up several civilizations and reduce the number of influential statuses we would need (or is that stati?).

What does the team think? Personally I would go for the last path and get our tourism the old fashioned way – steal it. :mwaha: :evil: :satan: :cowboy: :trouble:

Territorial antiquities should always be turned into landmarks. Hotels and airport convert the culture into tourism.

OK. I just learned something new. Thank you.

So what are your thoughts regarding the rest of my comments?

Considering we didn't go very far into Rationalism and the game is far from over, investing in exploration is possible I guess.
Maybe we could kill one of the culture runaways (Germany). The problem is that he's far away.

Either way, right now the most urgent is to get those archaeologists out and pillage the planet.

Eh, that war with Siam was really something nobody needed
ST - you handled that really well. :goodjob:

Preflight continued – Acken said that landmarks will generate tourism once hotels come in. We have one landmark that is just outside our lands, but Korea can grab it. I spend 205G to capture it.

Douglas: archaeologist => archaeologist

I can see five of the 15 archaeological sites that are left. One we have a unit on top of. One is presently being excavated. One is in Germany. One just outside of Germany. One in Sweden. The other 10 must be off-shore somewhere. Too bad we don’t have a coastal city to build a boat and search more effectively. Starting a wider search for sites.

IBT – Bismarck wants to open embassies. Sounds like a good idea since we’ll need that for open borders. Plastics completes.

Turn 211 – 1505 AD – Refrigeration and hotels next. We have a new caravan. Send it to Seoul for 10 gpt. England is the last civ to select an ideology and Lizzy goes for Autocracy. We have dissidents knocking our happiness down by 10. We are presently at zero.

Cardiff: museum => zoo
Nantes: caravan => archaeologist (we have two unassigned diggers, probably need a few more, especially if we can find the other sites).

We also have a lot of great scientists. When do we plan on using them?

IBT – Gus wants open borders. Good idea. Maybe we can dig his site. Lizzy wants us to join in the Shaka dogpile. No thanks. Sejong also wants open borders. This will give us a chance to explore to our south. Sure, why not? We have all the sites around us covered.

Turn 212 – 1510 AD – There is a site next to Nobama in Zululand. Shaka will not give us open borders. We may have to take that one by force. I purchase a knight in Dublin for 460G to better search for sites.

IBT – Lizzy wants to swap open borders. OK.

Turn 213 – 1515 AD – Douglas: archaeologist => colosseum (we’re at -2 happy)
Edinburgh: Museum => ???

I presently don’t have anywhere to send a digger to. We could try for the Porcelain Tower (due in 8) or the East India Company, Oxford, or National Epic (each due in 4)

What does the team think?

Well after Labs and Hotels there's not much we can be making other than military for some great work acquisitions innit

Yes, airports and the International Games are very nice tourism boosters. We also want to think about diplomats.

well, I'd like to think with all cities on full production factories should be enough to win us the IG. If we can time it after NVC and Internet, natch

Top Bottom