C3C PBEM - WWII HOF - 'Malta'

PACIFIC
US Sub sinks destroyer East of PH.
Bombers injure slightly Kido Butai ships.
US Submarine sinks Transport NW of Manila.

ATLANTIC
1 U-boat (South of Halifax) sunk 3 DD's and 1 BB!!! :cry:

ATLANTIC
1 U-boat (South of Halifax) sunk 3 DD's and 1 BB!!!

That should be impossible!!!!!! :eek:

Ichang
Killed 2 milita and 2 cannons with Inf corp and army, get a GL and capture city.

Kweiyang - shotdown interceptor

Kumming - lost torp bomber to P40

China - bombed roads.

Pearl
Sub sank sub near fleet.
Killed fighter on ground
Damaged bomber on ground
Shipyard destroyed
Commercial dock destroyed
Naval plane destroyed on ground
Barracks destroyed
Airfiled destroyed

Airfield on island south of Manila - parachute kills militia and captures.

South of Batavia
sub sinks destroyer
planes sink CA Exeter
Thought it would have run for cover

Ketapang - militia killed - captured

Midway - lost sub to CW BB

gps---->Techguy

Heavy artillery "Babuska" injure german army advancing on Stalingrad but the crippled Red airforce fails miserably to inflict any damage.

GPS to Eric_A

German Turn Summary:
- Rommel's Army Group Afrika engages Monty's 8th Army. Afrika Corp 6/12, 8th Army KIA. Alexandria recaptured. Alexandria is given to Minor Axis control after pulling panzers out of the city.
- bombers destroy more roads in Russia. Shot down 1 Yak3, lost 1 Ju88 to CAP.
- 2 BCs bombard the English coast near Plymouth. Improvements destroyed.
- uboat attempts to engages MAllies transport in the South Atlantic. Unfortunately, sneak attack didn't work and the uboat was sunk by a DD.
- sunk sub with uboat near Kiel

Minor Axis Turn Summary:
- Foreign French Legionnaires captures Asyut with bomber support.
- Regia Marina and airforce bombards Suez, redlines all units based there. Light tank engages Suez fortress and promptly kills it.
- sunk 1 CW CLAA with sub near Gibralter

Maybe they ran into a stack of more than one sub???

Wich is highly unlikely. Techguy has thus far proven to be a very cunning :goodjob: opponent and I doubt that he would stack invisible units (if you detect one you detect them all) with 4 defense togather....... :cool:

Pearl - units injured by air

Midway, shelled, lost marine to red-lined militia :(

CW by Midway Sank Warspite and DD by air

N. Singapore - lost DD to sub, CA sank it

Palembang - killed ID and militia by marine after shelling, captured

Chihkiang lost 2 bettys and a torp

Bombed around Mandalay.

GPS to Eric_A

"All forces, preparations and logistics are in place sir." the aide stands at attention to the General. "Good. Remember Stalingrad well lieutenant... we will not repeat the same mistake again. Dismissed." General Gudarian looks at his strategic map and wonders about the changes to come.

Germany turn summary:
- Rommel surges forward to Suez. Killed 1 militia outside Suez and 1 militia inside Suez with Army Group Afrika. Suez captured.
- Paratroopers attack Damascus. Killed 1 conscript inf div and city captured.
- bombers destroy roads near Leningrad and Moskow
- Kriegsmarine, operating in the safety of the Baltic Sea attacks Leningrad with naval bombardment. Biplane in Leningrad destroyed.
- 2 BCs and 1 DD bombard Plymouth. Fighter damaged.
- uboat attempts to engage CW CLAA in mid-Atlantic but was killed

Minor Axis turn summary:
- light tanks surge ahead of Suez and kills redlined CW light tank.
- 2 marine divisions makes lightning attack on Malta with Regia Marina support. Both defenders were redlined and promptly killed. Malta captured. The Axis commands the Mediterranean now.

Britain conceeds defeat, well played Axis!

Note to Luthor;
Changing the player order so that the Germans and Minor Axis
move back to back has unbalanced the game as far as the North
Africa is concerned. The British should move after the Germans
but before the Minor Axis.

Britain conceeds defeat, well played Axis!

Note to Luthor;
Changing the player order so that the Germans and Minor Axis
move back to back has unbalanced the game as far as the North
Africa is concerned. The British should move after the Germans
but before the Minor Axis.

I dunno if Britain should concede yet. They still hold a huge presence in Europe and still producing high quality bombers at 1 per 2 turns at least.

As a tactical note regarding North Africa, the CW certainly does have enough to repel a back to back German/Minor Axis turn order. Considering the 'Tora' HOF game, where the German units in Bengazi were consolidated into the Minor Axis, this version should have been a bit more difficult for the Axis (due to no overlapping movement between Axis members). I think the key element for the Axis blitzing quickly into Egypt is really the roads left intact near Tobruk, especially roads on desert terrain. My forces were always vulnerable to counterattacks but the road movement saved me from such trouble.

What do the other guys think?

I dunno if Britain should concede yet. They still hold a huge presence in Europe and still producing high quality bombers at 1 per 2 turns at least.

As a tactical note regarding North Africa, the CW certainly does have enough to repel a back to back German/Minor Axis turn order. Considering the 'Tora' HOF game, where the German units in Bengazi were consolidated into the Minor Axis, this version should have been a bit more difficult for the Axis (due to no overlapping movement between Axis members). I think the key element for the Axis blitzing quickly into Egypt is really the roads left intact near Tobruk, especially roads on desert terrain. My forces were always vulnerable to counterattacks but the road movement saved me from such trouble.

What do the other guys think?

I´m not sure a German Benghazi is such a big hinderance to the axis. You can after all rebase german airforce to north africa in "Malta". With german units and german bases present in NA. Wich wasnt possible in Tora unless you gave away cities.

I think the biggest diffrence was the first turn. Techguy managed to eliminate the british armor outside Tobruk. Had it survived, britain would have been able to form a stronger and faster 8:th army.
Rommels frontal assault was also very daring in this scenario.
12/hp 9/5/4 vs 5/hp 12 defense fortress div. I cant believe Rommel was strong enough to launch another attack in the same turn after that one.

Also, Common wealth rebased the entire airforce to Egypt in "Tora" wich changes the conditions alot.

Sorry if my sentences doesnt make sence, just got home from work and am exhausted :confused:

I´m not sure a German Benghazi is such a big hinderance to the axis. You can after all rebase german airforce to north africa in "Malta". With german units and german bases present in NA. Wich wasnt possible in Tora unless you gave away cities.

I think the biggest diffrence was the first turn. Techguy managed to eliminate the british armor outside Tobruk. Had it survived, britain would have been able to form a stronger and faster 8:th army.
Rommels frontal assault was also very daring in this scenario.
12/hp 9/5/4 vs 5/hp 12 defense fortress div. I cant believe Rommel was strong enough to launch another attack in the same turn after that one.

Also, Common wealth rebased the entire airforce to Egypt in "Tora" wich changes the conditions alot.

Sorry if my sentences doesnt make sence, just got home from work and am exhausted :confused:

At 12 hp vs 5 hp, Rommel could tank Tobruk without too much risk. Rommel was knocked down about 6-7 hps (I think) when directly assualting Tobruk's fortress. To kill the infantry guarding the crusader tank div, he called on the Ju88 bombers based in Crete to knock it down a few hps. CW air presence in North Africa wasn't really strong... most of CW's bombers were in the home isles on strategic bombing duty.

I think another key point was that the CW's anti-aircraft cruisers were exposed... I wouldn't have gotten my Italian navy that close to Alexandria/Suez without extensive air support from its respective airforce.

There were a few turns that I had to play musical chairs with Germany and the Minor Axis cause it's all desert around Tobruk and it really made movement poor.

Wow, we were only just getting warmed up!

Maybe we just re-queue this one and see if it plays better.

So we declare axis victory and give the scenario another try?

I certainly would play better with Russia in another attempt. :blush:

Top Bottom