can fat people have bulimea?

wit>trope

Deity
I wonder because Lindsay Lohan is rumored -- reported in Vanity Fair or something but she denies it -- to have bulimea but she doesn't really look skinny to me. She looks a tad overweight (not that I've examined recent images of her closely -- her past images -- like the one in the Babe thread from Mean Girls -- there she is definitely a tad overweight)

Or for that matterr can fat people have anorexia? I don't thinks so cuz anorexia is like when you are too skinny ...

what do you all think? I have no clue.

Bulimia and anorexia are eating patterns, not body conditions. A person who is fat, and bulimic could be a) not very good at bulimia or b) just started. Same with anorexia.

Just like you can't tell if a fat person exercises regularly, you can't tell if a fat person has healthy eating habits.

FYI Lindsay Lohan was never overweight, and she is crackhead skinny lately.

Its my understanding that her decrease in mass was very recent, perhaps after Mean Girls.

of course fat people can have anorexia and that kind of disorders.. them being fat might even get them to get a disorder like this... and they won't stay fat on the long-term if they really suffer from it.

I did some research on IMDB.

Here is Lohan in 2004:

Here she is in 2005:

The second picture is really small and I can't find a larger version. But you can note a decrease in mass between 2004 and 2005.

Yes, on a an episode of Grey's Anatomy a couple weeks ago a lady who weighed 300 pounds, dropped to 200 pounds in a too small of time frame and caused serious problems to her heart, 200 pounds and by definition she was bulimic/anorexic.

All you have to do to be considered bulemic is binge and purge... heck half the wrestlers I know would be considered bulemic during wrestling season for taking laxatives to make weight.

Anyone can have an eating disorder. A long term effect of anorexia will be weight loss, so overweight people are unlikely to have had anorexia for a while, though they could be just starting. Bulimia does not automatically equal weight loss, and it's entirely possible to be bulimic and maintain your weight, or be bulimic and be gaining weight.

El_Machinae said:
Bulimia and anorexia are eating patterns, not body conditions. A person who is fat, and bulimic could be a) not very good at bulimia or b) just started. Same with anorexia.

Just like you can't tell if a fat person exercises regularly, you can't tell if a fat person has healthy eating habits.

lmao just couldnt stop laughing at 'a'

Fifty said:
FYI Lindsay Lohan was never overweight, and she is crackhead skinny lately.

Maybe not medically overweight according to CURRENT definition ... but that doesn't matter much. I mean medical definitions of these kinds of things change ALL THE TIME. They change JUST AS MUCH if not MORE than what aesthetic "definitions" of human beauty are alleged to have changed (the whole myth about fat people being considered attractive at one time -- to the extent it was considered appealing it was appealing due to it being a status symbol, not due to some inherent beauty seen within it)

For instance medical people talk about "pre-diabetes" -- a category which didn't even EXIST until recently.

Anyway IMO, she was definitely a tad overweight -- at least before (probably still is a tiny bit overweight now).

Problem is that aesthetic perfection as to slenderness should be something strived for, not stressed over -- and that's why women like Lindsay have a problem sometimes ... not sure why they do, but they do. Women's brains and minds and hearts probably work in some fundamentally different way from men's in this part at least.

lmao just couldnt stop laughing at 'a'

Yeah, I've got two problems. I'm anorexic, and I have no willpower.

At least, diet-wise, they cancel out. My BMI is nicely 'healthy'

sanabas said:
Anyone can have an eating disorder. A long term effect of anorexia will be weight loss, so overweight people are unlikely to have had anorexia for a while, though they could be just starting. Bulimia does not automatically equal weight loss, and it's entirely possible to be bulimic and maintain your weight, or be bulimic and be gaining weight.

I know someone who used to have bulimia, and she was always thinner when she wasn't doing it.

wit>trope said:
I wonder because Lindsay Lohan is rumored -- reported in Vanity Fair or something but she denies it -- to have bulimea but she doesn't really look skinny to me. She looks a tad overweight (not that I've examined recent images of her closely -- her past images -- like the one in the Babe thread from Mean Girls -- there she is definitely a tad overweight)

Or for that matterr can fat people have anorexia? I don't thinks so cuz anorexia is like when you are too skinny ...

what do you all think? I have no clue.

Bulimia is defined as binging and purging, without the loss of weight. So, yes, fat people can have bulimia, although it is pretty uncommon. Anorexia is a similar disorder in which a patient may diet excessively, vomit, take laxatives, or exercise to extreme with the result of losing at least 15% of their ideal body weight. Lindsay Lohan would've had anorexia, not bulimia, if she had lost the mandatory 15% body weight. However, the two can co-exist, as one can have cycles of extreme weight loss overlapping with binge eating, then purging.

wit>trope said:
Anyway IMO, she was definitely a tad overweight -- at least before (probably still is a tiny bit overweight now).

Problem is that aesthetic perfection as to slenderness should be something strived for, not stressed over -- and that's why women like Lindsay have a problem sometimes ... not sure why they do, but they do. Women's brains and minds and hearts probably work in some fundamentally different way from men's in this part at least.

Yes, my god Lohan is such an overweight pig. :rolleyes: Between this statement and giving plants bottled water, I’m starting to wonder if you’re a gimmick.

You seem to be highly judgmental on aesthetic appearances. Yet I wonder if any of your demanding qualities apply to yourself?

Not sure how that's relevant Rie ... I mean say you are super hot and recognizess beauty where you see it ... does that mean you should stop recognizing it 90 years later when you are say 103 years old and full of wrinkles and looking like a shriveled old thing? Of course not. Just as someone who is 103 years old or is just plain ugly is able to recognize other kinds of physical beauty -- like musical beauty -- it doesn't stop one from recognizing visual physical beauty either.

If you are asking me if I am more or less attractive (for a male) than Lindsay Lohan ... I woudln't know, probably slightly less ... but as I said that's not relevant. I'm not 'judgmental" -- I don't see ugly people as bad people ... you can be ugly and be quite kind ... but in that case your kind heart wouldn't shine through your body too much and that's too bad, but that's life. Things will be better in the afterlife for these people just like things will be better for people without a leg or something like that.

I know many women are sensitive about their weight, but facts are facts ... and in my opinion the fact is that Lindsay was a tad overweight like in the Mean Girls picture in the Babe thread ... she's probably closer to optimal now.

Person who said we are all either over or under is right ... so it's enough to be sufficiently close to optimal

BTW if you look at the poll about 7 or so people said they give bottled water to plants.

Top Bottom