[GS] Canada Livestream Discussion

I wasn't paying attention during the stream, but did the Rock bands trigger Canada's Four Faces of Peace ability giving them 1 Diplomatic Favor per every 100 tourism? If so that ability is a little stronger than we originally thought.

Would it, though? So far we've seen rock bands give anywhere from 150 to 1000 tourism -- that's only 1-10 diplo favor points lump sum. doesn't seem that OP to me given that people have 100s of diplo favor at any one time

Would it, though? So far we've seen rock bands give anywhere from 150 to 1000 tourism -- that's only 1-10 diplo favor points lump sum. doesn't seem that OP to me given that people have 100s of diplo favor at any one time

I said a little stronger. The world congress missions cost what, 10 diplo favor per extra vote? If Canada can squeeze out an extra vote on things here and there that is beneficial and may tip the scale on the Diplo victory in the end.

They really need to tone down global warming/climate change mechanics. It's way too strong in my opinion. I know they want it strong enough so it isn't meaningless. But here we are in the 21st century, and Florida isn't flooded yet.

Do we know if there's a way to tone this down like you can with natural disasters?
Yes, it's alarming to see coastal flooding in the 1890's, but consider that the environmental effects are on the highest setting, "Hyperreal."

When they teased chnages to the culture victory, I was not expecting rock bands! Fun stream. :lol:

Slight shame that they're still sticking with the random promotion system but I can dig it if they have a policy card for bands, one for apostles, and one for spies too.

Anyone else think the power system makes IZs more relevant? Difficult to say for certain but if power is critical to pushing for victory then they would suddenly become necessary. Same with encampments and stockpiling, although the system is still unclear to me.

Everything looking good though, the late game definitely seems like it will be more engaging and I love that they're giving us more options to exert loyalty pressure, the migrant treaty idea is a very cool one.

Statue of Zeus? This is built on land, it resembles the Colossus, but the base is different and there is no harbor in range.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought I saw a statue, but it's the Mahabodhi Temple.

When they teased chnages to the culture victory, I was not expecting rock bands! Fun stream. :lol:

Slight shame that they're still sticking with the random promotion system but I can dig it if they have a policy card for bands, one for apostles, and one for spies too.

Anyone else think the power system makes IZs more relevant? Difficult to say for certain but if power is critical to pushing for victory then they would suddenly become necessary. Same with encampments and stockpiling, although the system is still unclear to me.

Everything looking good though, the late game definitely seems like it will be more engaging and I love that they're giving us more options to exert loyalty pressure, the migrant treaty idea is a very cool one.

I agree I like the idea of more "levers" like ways to decrease loyalty etc, that's always what makes games more fun.

I don't think people have figured out the math yet but I think some fear that even with the power system, the benefits from power don't seem all that great. Hopefully they will be great.

I HATE random promotions. Policy cards (or wonders) that allow us to choose our promotions would go a long way towards alleviating that ire.

It depends on the final numbers. If they're scaling the base yield of T2 and 3 buildings back so that powering them gets us nore or less back to where we are in R&F then we're just jumping through additional hoops for the same lackluster yields we've already got.

Anyone recognize what this is?
I can't tell if this is an improvement, district, wonder or natural wonder. I can't recognize it at all.

I can't tell if this is an improvement, district, wonder or natural wonder. I can't recognize it at all.

Which Civ does it belong to?

I HATE random promotions. Policy cards (or wonders) that allow us to choose our promotions would go a long way towards alleviating that ire.

It depends on the final numbers. If they're scaling the base yield of T2 and 3 buildings back so that powering them gets us nore or less back to where we are in R&F then we're just jumping through additional hoops for the same lackluster yields we've already got.
I guess my thoughts on IZ were based on the idea that other districts also require power to operate at peak performance, which I like, but I guess it does still depend on whether the production cost is worth it in the first place.

I also like the third agenda idea, seems like a simple way of adding some intrigue to late game diplomacy.

Top Bottom