Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No, leave it as it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olleus

Deity
Right now, it takes a catapult exactly the same amount of time to reduce to 0% the defences of a city with a wall and castle as it does to reduce to 0% the defences of a city with 10 culture. I have made a mod which changes this, and causes artillery to do a fix amount of damage to city defences. For example, a catapult will reduce city defences by 8% point, no matter how strong or weak the city defences are.

Do you want me to include in this in this mod?

For spoilers just use the tags [*spoiler] and [*/spoiler] without the asterisks to surround the text you want to go in the spoiler. There's a whole VBCode help here.

As for poll, I don't want to start a thread just to test it but when you make a new thread there is a check box towards the bottom that you need to check and tell it how many poll options you want, after that you'll probably get a screen where you get to name those poll choices.

to add spoilers

[ spoiler ]
some text
[ /spoiler ]

(remove the brackets).

To add a poll, start a thread as normal but tick the 'attach a poll to this thread' button at the bottom.

Lord Olleus said:
Right now, it takes a catapult exactly the same amount of time to reduce to 0% the defences of a city with a wall and castle as it does to reduce to 0% the defences of a city with 10 culture. I have made a mod which changes this, and causes artillery to do a fix amount of damage to city defences. For example, a catapult will reduce city defences by 8% point, no matter how strong or weak the city defences are.

Do you want me to include in this in this mod?

I didn´t know that Culture influenced the reduction of city defense :eek:

But the thing with walls and castles always bugged me - so a YES from me.

And maybe when the Bretonnians get the Trebuchet as a UU it could get a bombard range of 2 instead of one - the same for cannons and mortars.

The problem with a bombardment range of 2, is that there could be two different cities in range, and the computer wont know which one to pick. it would be possible to get around that, but it would be a lot of work.
Besides, isn't 2 squares far too powerfull?

Lord Olleus said:
The problem with a bombardment range of 2, is that there could be two different cities in range, and the computer wont know which one to pick. it would be possible to get around that, but it would be a lot of work.
Besides, isn't 2 squares far too powerfull?
Stick to your mod like it is for now, I like it like that. I need your skills for the other scripts too first so we can come back to that 2tile bombardment much later maybe but not now;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom