CityIOT

Correct, the citizens, not the players, vote.
Keep in mind, however, that you can endorse candidates as you please, which in turn influences those who follow you.

Players influence their own followers, the direct ones a lot and the indirect ones less so.

John Murdoch
I will NOT be supporting the Southern Family. I like my city to be not on fire thank you very much. No we have no proof yet that they did it but we have numerous reports of them being overaggressive in demanding political support. Many are injured, some dead.

Our public system is in tatters, the Metro Uni barely survives, the police hang on by a thread and are doing nothing to combat crime and we have no fire fighters to speak of. I will be grilling the police chief on how this happened.

Yes yes I consider this election in the bag, I must be excused it is time to go to Church.

Murdock uses the NNN at a Political Club!

Recently, John Murdock used his own newspaper, the Metro Star, as a political bludgeoning tool against the owner of this newspaper, Samuel Calhoun. Now, in a special political response brought to you by Samuel Calhoun himself, the truth that John Murdock claims he so often seeks shall emerge.

John Murdock waves the endorsements of the rich for his cause as if it proved something. But not only has Samuel Calhoun only recently entered the race, compared to John Murdock campaigning before elections were even announced, but John Murdock claims that the endorsements of the rich prove he is a man of the people! But the truth is Metro City, that John Murdock is anything but. John Murdock is somebody who cozies up the rich, and even boasts of his money as 'old money'! Does that sound to you like a common man?

Samuel Calhoun is a self made man. He is the image that Metro City used to boast about: From Rags to Riches. John Murdock has recently raised questions about how he rose that high. Samuel Calhoun was eager to offer a statement up to refute his claims:

"John Murdock has laid accusations of me using gang violence to rise to my current position. I cannot express how true and false this statement is at the same time. The difference of the truth and his accusations however, is that the group of people I joined early in my life, while labeled a gang, became my family. As a family, we defended the neighborhood we lived in from more violent gangs and crowds of violent movements. We stopped others from extorting money from our neighbors. Although labeled a gang, we truly were in fact protectors, so much so that we were given gifts by our neighbors to thank us! This gang violence of defending my neighborhood did indeed jumpstart my rise to power. Yet how many of you in the slums who are reading this are in a gang? Know somebody that is in a gang? Seen an act of violence by a gang? This is what I aim to stop. THIS, is what John Murdock encourages! Now tell me Metro, will you believe the man who was once an ordinary member of the populace you find yourself in, or will you find yourself believing the one who sends such accusations my way without explaining the full story?"

I am afraid that I must agree wholeheartedly with Mr. Calhoun's statement, and not merely because he owns this newspaper. I was once an assistant editor for the Metro Star, and I can testify firsthand that there is indeed an FBI investigation into claims of breaches of privacy laws by John Murdock. I can also testify that those claims are true. He has no respect for ones privacy, which is one reason I left.

This race should not even be close if the citizens of Metro do their civic duty and do their research on the candidates. It must be entirely clear that John Murdock is dangerous. A dangerous individual. And imagine what will happen if the man responsible for invading YOUR privacy gets ahold of the laws that legally stop him from doing so?

Now, you must be wondering, am I being harsh on Mr. Murdock? I must say I am not. Recently his newspaper reported that there were Riots in the South side of the city. However, that is false. Several buildings were indeed burned, but it was not a Riot against Mr. Anconi, a candidate for City Council, as Murdock claimed. No, in fact it was actually gang violence! There were no Riots, or at least not by the definition of the word 'Riot'. Perhaps the editors of the Metro Star should either learn the meaning of words, or learn to report the Truth, instead of their own version of it.

Players influence their own followers, the direct ones a lot and the indirect ones less so.

John Murdoch
I will NOT be supporting the Southern Family. I like my city to be not on fire thank you very much. No we have no proof yet that they did it but we have numerous reports of them being overaggressive in demanding political support. Many are injured, some dead.

Our public system is in tatters, the Metro Uni barely survives, the police hang on by a thread and are doing nothing to combat crime and we have no fire fighters to speak of. I will be grilling the police chief on how this happened.

Yes yes I consider this election in the bag, I must be excused it is time to go to Church.

Samuel Calhoun

I hereby endorse Mr. Anconi for his run for City Councilman.

Me: James Darby CEO of
Organisation: Metro Underground Transportation. What it says on the tin, owners and operators of Metro's underground system.
Home: marked H-JK
Other buildings: Royal County University Station, Down Town Station, North Bank Station and South Bank Station, where the trains are parked during the night and repaired when necessary. All maintenance operations are conducted in the SBS too, and the Central Control Room is in the NBS.

It's been fixed.

Waiting for AA to finish sign up (he's not campaigning or endorsing), then I'll begin working on the update. It will be up tonight.

The city hall is still in reds color, and could we get the acronym codes in the bottom right key?

Samuel Calhoun

I hereby endorse Mr. Anconi for his run for City Councilman.

Nick McMullan's Speech, which is being televised throughout the city (with Ravus's permission of course)

"In these last days before the election, I must warn you about Mr Calhoun's ties with the Mafia. He is made it perfectly clear that he wants this council to remain a corrupt organisation! He is endorsing the leader of the Southern Family, a notorious criminal syndicate, to run for the council! I can imagine the mob going around door to door, threatening your family if you do not vote for this corrupt duo!

If you vote for me, I will be tough on crime. I will make sure that organised criminals will never threaten your livelihood again. I will make sure that your business will never have to pay a dime to these animals. And I will give you real hope, unlike these Communists who are not even bothering to join the election!

Help the honest man,
Do the best he can,
Don't just sit there and be sullen,
Vote Murdoch and McMullan!"

Alright, I'm already working on the update, and elections have been concluded.
No more posting until it's up.

Update 1

Map: To be added when complete

Events:

As elections wind down, John Murdock's massive public support throws him into a clear victory as the new Mayor of Metro City.

Rounding out the city council are:
Entrepreneur Nick McMullan, an ally of Murdock and leader in Metro's economic sphere.
Religious authority Athanasius Kell, an ally of Murdock and prominent figure within the Temple of the Divine Tribunal.
Politician and businessman John Smith, an ally of Murdock,whose Triumph Movement has led several successfuly rallies in recent weeks.
Business owner Neil Chrisp, a relative unknown supported by the youth.
Businessman Nicholas di Ancona, a fierce opponent of Murdock, who comes off a surprisingly strong win given his current controversies.

In other news, civil unrest has engulfed the city, as Ancona's Southern Family has been blamed for the widespread fires that race across the southern portions of Metro. Tensions run high as the citizens take arms against the Family, with casualties on both sides. With the police nowhere in site, a total lack of a fire department, and the near-bankruptcy of the city, people flee the neighbourhood, with worshippers refusing to visit the Temple and workers abandoning the subways to the gangs.

Former mayoral candidate Samuel Calhoun has been busy putting out fires of his own after a large mob calling for the downfall of the rich and distributing SRO propaganda assaulted his home late last night. The police have not yet replied to calls for an investigation.

I will attach stats, link to the OP, and open up a council SG soon.
Election campaigns may not start until Wednesday, orders lock on Friday, update next weekend.

Attachments

• CityIOT Data Tables.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 45
  • CityIOT Data Old.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 32
The SRO would like to declare its innocence in the unfortunate attack on Samuel Calhoun's home; the SRO is a primarily peaceful organization looking for change through peace, rather than violence, and such a mob attack on Mr. Calhoun is an unspeakable atrocity. If we discover that one of our members instigated this crime, he will be ejected immediately and turned into the police.

The SRO stands for peace, law, and order. Not murder, mayhem, and anarchy.

"In these last days before the election, I must warn you about Mr Calhoun's ties with the Mafia. He is made it perfectly clear that he wants this council to remain a corrupt organisation! He is endorsing the leader of the Southern Family, a notorious criminal syndicate, to run for the council! I can imagine the mob going around door to door, threatening your family if you do not vote for this corrupt duo!

Nicholas di Ancona, in an apoplectic fit, releases recordings to every news and radio station that will take them. This only proves that this Councilman of the city is in fact a terrible racist! We hard working Italian citizens have for too long been oppressed by the image of the mafioso! The Di Ancona family provides for it's neighborhood through waste management and grocery shopping, and every dollar we own can be traced back to these outlets! We, too, are tough on crime, and we wish to shatter the perception that all Italians are mafia. We demand that the mayor recant his offensively racist statement."

"The respectable man who endorsed my candidacy for City Council has had his house torched. Are we respectable Italians going to be blamed for that fire too? Does the councilman wish to throw our race from the city?"

Top Bottom