Civ 5 Art Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the votes everyone! :D

I did do a thin border but made it gold because the background is already black.
It's still in paint though, maybe (if i feel like it) i'll make an improved version this weekend.
My thought was to make the C and the I distinct from the other struts that form the hexes ... so that those two letters stand out a bit. A black border around just the four struts that generate those letters would be fine, even with the black background.

dV

I won't vote for the hexagonal logo, not noyl to give my own a better chance :p, but because I don't believe that civ5 should be 'civ4+hexagonal tiles'. Just a note, though, as i don't want thi to turn into another discussion on civ5.

My shot at it (see attachment)

I did a superscript "Ci" and a dominant golden V. I underlined the first part so the empty bottom-left corner of the image won't be awkward.

Attachments

• ciV.gif
    ciV.gif
    569 bytes · Views: 348
Here's my attempt. I used ancestral's V and added a hex-type background. I also made a second one with 'civ' on one side.

EDIT: see post#101 for my updated images

Attachments

• Civ5B.gif
    Civ5B.gif
    934 bytes · Views: 336
  • Civ5.gif
    Civ5.gif
    945 bytes · Views: 345
Could we perhaps edit the first post to include all icons proposed so far? This way it would be easier to choose.

Could we perhaps edit the first post to include all icons proposed so far? This way it would be easier to choose.

I assume they'll open up a voting thread once they're done accepting entries, such that we can see all the entries and vote on them. :)

Ainwood will close the thread on February 33rd :smug:

My shot at it (see attachment)

I did a superscript "Ci" and a dominant golden V. I underlined the first part so the empty bottom-left corner of the image won't be awkward.
This solves the problem of a CIV theme logo looking too much like the current Civ IV logo. What if you centered the CI vertically, and had both and underline and an overline above and below the CI? It would fill the space, and the two lines evoke captain's bars (dry force captain, that is), or shoulder boards.

Here's my attempt. I used ancestral's V and added a hex-type background. I also made a second one with 'civ' on one side.
A nice new idea ... what about trying a C and and I in the two top corners, or in the two bottom corners, rather than trying to squeeze civ into one corner? I suppose you could look at a diagonal arrangement too.

dV

I assume they'll open up a voting thread once they're done accepting entries, such that we can see all the entries and vote on them. :)
If someone does attempt this consolidation, I think the entries fall into some categories or themes:

Use of CI and a separate, larger (or otherwise set apart) V

These include the CIV variants, the CVI variants, and the CI inside the V variants

Use of CIV and a separate, larger (or otherwise set apart) V

These include the CIVV variants and the CIV superimposed on the large V variants

Hex themes

These include V made out of hexes, CIV living amid hexes, and CIV made from the struts of two hexes.

One decision approach might be to vote on the best representative of each theme, then with the best of theme in hand, select among them.

dV

The V with the background is, imho, the best thus far...

That is my fave.

I also like Dark Jedi06's () and embryodead's ().

But for both I would prefer if they were edited to read just ciV not CivV

The first two that CivFurhrer did look pretty good. See this post here

see this post

I thought I'd try a different approach. I took that really impressive screen cap from the official Civ5 images released--the one that shows Istanbul and the Haggia Sophia in a medieval setting at sunset, and then shrunk it down to the requested 28x12 dimensions. But that was too big, so I squished it in to 26x12. :D

Then, I added a V, cause everyone else is.

Attachments

• civ5icon1.gif
    civ5icon1.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 302
  • civ5icon2.gif
    civ5icon2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 292
If someone does attempt this consolidation, I think the entries fall into some categories or themes:

Use of CI and a separate, larger (or otherwise set apart) V

These include the CIV variants, the CVI variants, and the CI inside the V variants

Use of CIV and a separate, larger (or otherwise set apart) V

These include the CIVV variants and the CIV superimposed on the large V variants

Hex themes

These include V made out of hexes, CIV living amid hexes, and CIV made from the struts of two hexes.

One decision approach might be to vote on the best representative of each theme, then with the best of theme in hand, select among them.

dV
Here is an attachment with what appear to be some of the more popular examples of each theme (based on responses here), and some of my favorites (author's perogative :D)

dV

Attachments

• Logo Menu Civ V word 2003 version.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom