Civ Revolution 2

Proud Console users go to this adress for the CivRev2 main page
by Great General King Commando

Why do you think that? The first one sold decently.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=civilization+revolution

Looks like about 1.5 million units. That's better than Mafia II (not saying this is a great game, but it has the same publisher).

If 2K/Firaxis want to keep a presence on consoles and smartphones, CivRev II is just the thing.

And no Civ V is not the sequel. It still takes like 8 hours to complete a Civ V game on a standard map. CivRev takes an hour or two. That's the real difference.

Look at the Rev forum. It may of sold, but barely anyone cares about it.

why are you even here you're on a freaking mac go to back to Civ4 you pretentious snobbery baboon

I tell the truth. If we forum users barely come here, why would anyone who could make Civ Rev 2 look here?

Look at the Rev forum. It may of sold, but barely anyone cares about it.

It's true it never really took off here on CFC, but the 2kforum still has a lot of discussion (not just King Commando either). I think most companies look at sales figures, not forum posts when determining whether or not to release a sequel.

Going back to what I would want from CivRev2, give me significantly bigger maps. One thing I miss from Civ2 is the ability to run a trade based strategy without needing a ton of military early in the game. The way Civ Rev is set up, the civs are always so close together that you pretty much have to eliminate at least one neighboring civ or else you are in for a long, slow game.

It's true it never really took off here on CFC, but the 2kforum still has a lot of discussion (not just King Commando either). I think most companies look at sales figures, not forum posts when determining whether or not to release a sequel.

HEY i take offence to that
ok i'll come clean im just a guy who seriously wants CivRev2 sorry for dreaming T_T i just want CivRev2 ok?:cry:

is it bad to stand up for what you believe in? STOP GANGING UP ON ME T_T i just want CivRev2 ok? i'll won't post anymore CivRev2 stuff if you make certain CivRev2 is coming ok?

Whether or not it's in the cards or not, it's still good to give the developers feedback. Here is my OPINION on what would be useful, drawn mainly from posts by others here, as well as a few of my own:

good ideas from others:

- generic civilization: stripped of bonuses to enable more balance
- hot seat multiplayer with save
- more diplomacy options: demand gold, tech, great people (but keep it simple!)
- warning when other civs are building wonders
- sliders for rapid city management
- rebalance units (i.e. sub visibility and movement, spy cost)
- rebalance victory conditions (i.e. same average number of turns for each)
- redefine act of war (sailing through waters, capture spy/settler)
- air support
- auto wake-up for units in defend
- improve framerates
- option to kill advisors

my ideas:

- requirement to obsolete/upgrade units with tech advance
- reduce tech cost if another nation already discovered it
- unit initiative value decides which can attack first (... this is huge...)

my opinion:

- don't change the mechanics too much. it's a good formula for multiplayer
- more is less. don't add in too many units, techs, or complexity.
- limitations relative to the PC solo game are good. it allows focus on the metagame and reduces the number of exploits.
- it may be worth considering the tech pyramid as developed for the boardgame. less realistic, perhaps, but simpler and offers a wider range of strategy.

I play this game because I don't play civ or anything on computer; i don't have time and money to upgrade the computer every year or so.

I don't understand why they can't do the same thing the same thing they do for computers for ps3. Mayber if they did, more people would buy the game.

What I want to see on CivRev console game(preferably, at least Ps3 since that's what I have) is a game just as good as the civ 5 or other computer games, even though I havn't ever touched those games!

I've seen similar thoughts on what to see in a CivRev2 game; bigger maps and more of the other civs in the same game. I don't understand why we don't just play all the other civs at the same time! Or, at least, make that an option.

More techs, and maybe even getting into the ability to extend the game into a space colonization game. The game shouldn't stop at a certain time. Also, we should have the ability to have more than one nuke and be able to build another one when the others are used up.

I also don't like the way the time intervals are divided up. Maybe this should be an option; one should say what the time intervals are.

I think any given person whether a ruler, warrier, thinker of some kind should have an age limit(I posted this at youtube; someone replied; well, i'm not in total agreement with it; i think we should have age limits); the age limits should have an affect on whether an experienced person gives experience to the new generation. This can really change the dynamics of the game!

also, there should be weather affects; different weather can help in some ways and be detrimental in others.

Region- Japan- America- Others- Total-
Total Sales-0.00m- 0.32m- 0.08m- 0.40m-
Week 1- n/a- 83,485- 16,784- 100,269-
Week 3- n/a- 20,674- 8,173- 28,847-
Week 4- n/a- 25,513- 5,300- 30,813
Week 5- n/a- 24,343- 4,217- 28,560-
Week 6- n/a- 21,401- 3,722- 25,123-
Week 7- n/a- 16,976- 3,356- 20,332-
Week 8- n/a- 15,843- 2,955- 18,798-
Week 9- n/a- 13,499- 2,581- 16,080-
Week 10- n/a- 12,087- 2,177- 14,264-

As seen here, Civ Rev sold around 400,000 thousand copies, which is pretty for a non-big release game. The problem, is that Civilization predicted that they'd sell 600,000 copies, and spent a lot of money on advertisement. It sold very well in North America, but sold poorly in China, Japan and Europe.

That's because other countries didn't want to be reminded how lame their heritage/timeline is ;)

Amidoinitrite?

Hi there, just joined the forum but been playing Civ Rev for quite a long time.

Just to throw my thoughts in, I love Civ Rev but as others have commented, it would be great to see a few tweaks and additions to the console version of Civ. As there was no sign of a Civ Rev 2 I bought Civ 5 for PC but in the months since buying it have only played about 3 full games, it is just so far removed from the pick up and play Civ Rev and I just don't have the time to play such a long in depth game.

I think that the points in Pzkrakz's post above just about covers what needs to be done to really make Civ Rev 2 a standout game, would also remove the Aztec race as the heal ability just makes them far too powerful in comparison to most of the other races.

The turn based changes when playing LAN would be much needed as well.

on the topic of civ2 i would also prefer a less aggresive ai, longer version (speed) choices like the pc version' marathon etc. on the longer versions could be bigger maps more civs more transitional units n techs; all dependent upon game length (speed) chosen.

If there were a FFH2 version (or mod) available, i would buy it, if there were a wilmana mod available, i would also buy it.

as to the debate of civrev2' possibility, 2k will do whatever makes money period. if they can make a profit from making the game they will. if all they have to do is mod the game a little change the graphics n release it as a full version fantasy game ie. FFH2, they will.

I played CivRev and it was pretty fun.

As it was intended, it was a scaled down version of civ with lots of caffeine fed into it.

I honestly thought it was pretty fun but two things I really wish it would have IF they have a CivRev2:

1. Ability to disable victory conditions in main menu options.

Although I appreciate the fact I can finish the game within 2 hours, I'm unhappy as the timer forces the game to end. Let me decide how to end the game. Maybe I'd like conquest-only games who knows, it's not an option for CivRev.

2. The name of the game is Civ Revolutions right? why not incorporate jdog5000's excellent Revolutions mod in the game. or at least have a Revolution mechanic in the game that creates a civil war if your empire is over-expanded.

I believe this creates instant replayability and countless possibilities in terms of gameplay.

For those unfamiliar with jdog5k's creation here's a link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171127.

Of course, more maps and civs would also be great but the two up top are more important IMO.

The name of the game is Civ Revolutions right?

Sorry for the pedantry but no, that's not what the game is called. I'm surprised at how many members of this forum get that wrong. It's called Civilization Revolution. The "revolution" is, I think, that you can complete a game without calling in sick to work on consecutive days.

That's a pity. IMO civ rev had loads of potentials for a superb sequel. Although to release it while civ5 is still hot would be a bad move.

Top Bottom