Civ5 available for preload on Steam - NOW (September, 13th)

Oh darn it!

I bought the digital deluxe from Steam because I didnt see it at D2D. I just found out that at D2D you get babylon, soundtrack plus the double civ DLC.

Will steam let me cancel my preorder if I've already pre downloaded the game? It says that they allow pre order refunds and I've contacted them anyway, I just want the digital deluxe from D2D instead for the free civ pack :(

Is it OK?
Or should I download again the whole stuff?

yes that'll be fine even if there is a problem steam is quite good at rescanning a games directory and checking what needs to be put right if there is any issue.

-Personally tho I'd set your steam directory onto a separate drive to your OS, I have a separate 500GB drive with my steam folder on (and some other crap). Its actually lasted me thru several PCs and OS upgrades from XP thru vista to 7. Each time I just reinstall steam and point it to the same place on the second drive and after a bit of scannning/checking everything just works :)

also seems fairly efficient having game and OS data on separate physical drives so normal OS drive interactions don't interfere with reading game data when loading Maps/firing up games etc etc and everything is that little bit faster :)

Top Bottom