Civilization 5: The Test of Boredom

JohnnyW

Gave up on this game
So I've tried many times over the past month or so to play a game of Civ5. The only one I've been able to finish was with a mod that heavily altered the game. I thought that maybe if I played a public game I would be forced to actually finish one whether I was way ahead and had to keep hitting last turn, or way behind and had to eat my last city.

So here we go! I will be using random personalities and ignore starting bias. And to make it more interesting I will use an RNG to determine what civ I use, how many CS there are, and what map settings to use. Here are my results:

Spain
19 CS
Terra
Standard size
3 billion years
cool
wet

I will be using standard speed, Immortal difficulty, ancient era with standard resources. Hopefully this will be an entertaining game to play and read! Will update as I go (probably won't finish tonight).

Here is my starting area before I move my warrior. Will be a different game with all the tundra around.

edit: turn 17 I went Mining->Pottery->(researching)Sailing so I could work my nearby resources. Built scout->scout->(building)worker, but no NWs so far. I also went Liberty on my goody hut culture so I could grab some better land. Pic included.

Attachments

• Spain 1.jpg
    Spain 1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 201
  • Spain 2.jpg
    Spain 2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 176
Top Bottom