combat animations and special effects disappearing after a while

So anyone knows how to apply this patch to the steam version?

I'm not recommend to use other programms. Will better if you send more reports about glitch animation to 2k support. Only 2k can fix it.
But they ignore this again and again, pretend fools and deaf:wallbash:

2K Support is clearly disorganized: I've dealt with several officials so far, and have had to repeat myself a number of times since some of them are not keen on reading the whole message chain. Overall there's a lot of textbook responses, standard protocol sympathy and the occasional chaff. Haven't experienced that last thing personally, but "this was fixed in a recent patch"? Really?

Anyway, I've kept at it, promptly replying to each of their replies over the course of weeks and being as cooperative as possible. This is the latest response:

Spoiler :
Hey again Shadowb,

Thank you for contacting 2K Support!

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. As a gamer myself I know how frustrating it is to have graphic issues. I will now try to help you as fast as possible!

There is actually something that can be done regarding the "combat effects disappearing" issue; in some cases, saving restarting and then reloading the game when the issue occurs can fix it, although not permanently. Can you try to do that and let me know if it worked for you.

Our development team is aware of the issue and are working toward a solution. Unfortunately, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and so we don't have a timeline for a fix to be implemented.

If you have any other questions, please get back to us and I’ll be more than happy to help!

Best regards,

Nazim A.
2K Support

So at least the dev team is allegedly aware of the issue and working on it.

I'll stress the recommendation to report the issue if you guys are experiencing it. Chances are, yes, you'll have to wade through 2K Support and its implicit attrition, but I can't think of any other way to raise dev awareness about this problem. Even if they've told me they're working on it, further reports would add importance to the matter.

I also hope that they make the ranged attacks of some units more responsive.

For example, the LEV Destroyer and LEV Tank both have an annoying delay if they have to turn to face their target. When they're already facing in the direction you want them to shoot, they're fine. A lot of other ranged units are fine. There must be something wrong with whatever code handles facing them towards their target with these particular units.

Does anyone know if the bug has already been fixed as of this day (19th december 2015)?

Argh! Every time I try to get back into Beyond Earth, I reach the end game, a climatic final push to victory... and the animations start vanishing. One by one. In the late game, on large maps, it only takes a few turns. Eventually the wakes behind ships just don't show up at all, even on a fresh reload.

I realize that this is not an issue for everyone, but I am part of a subset of gamers who enjoy my experience narratively. That is, I enjoy games much how I enjoy movies: I want to get a story out of the deal. All the greats, Civ, SimCity, Railroad Tycoon, they helped me build little (or not-so-little) adventures and sagas and histories all by myself. The were often more engrossing than any novel.

So this graphics bug is like a typo in a book—and there are lots of typos in Beyond Earth, too, for that matter. It's an error that breaks the narrative. Unlike a book or a movie, however, games can be fixed in the middle of the gamer's experience. Perhaps the more similar medium is live theater. Actors feed off their audience and can make the energy in a room manifest on stage.

That's my plea to Firaxis and 2K, on this most hallowed week of the release of XCOM 2—which I hear is experiencing its own technical snafus—get this sorted out. It may not be an easy fix, but you have to do it or, for me anyway, Beyond Earth just isn't a game.

Argh! Every time I try to get back into Beyond Earth, I reach the end game, a climatic final push to victory... and the animations start vanishing. One by one. In the late game, on large maps, it only takes a few turns. Eventually the wakes behind ships just don't show up at all, even on a fresh reload.

I realize that this is not an issue for everyone, but I am part of a subset of gamers who enjoy my experience narratively. That is, I enjoy games much how I enjoy movies: I want to get a story out of the deal. All the greats, Civ, SimCity, Railroad Tycoon, they helped me build little (or not-so-little) adventures and sagas and histories all by myself. The were often more engrossing than any novel.

So this graphics bug is like a typo in a book—and there are lots of typos in Beyond Earth, too, for that matter. It's an error that breaks the narrative. Unlike a book or a movie, however, games can be fixed in the middle of the gamer's experience. Perhaps the more similar medium is live theater. Actors feed off their audience and can make the energy in a room manifest on stage.

That's my plea to Firaxis and 2K, on this most hallowed week of the release of XCOM 2—which I hear is experiencing its own technical snafus—get this sorted out. It may not be an easy fix, but you have to do it or, for me anyway, Beyond Earth just isn't a game.

This is engine bug and cannot be fixed. Firaxis know about it and pretend to be stupid. Game code cannot give more than 2 Gb memory because game use 32bit process and other programms (4Gb patch or Large Address Aware) cannot add memory. I think problem 32bit process with low supporting memory on 64bit systems and this is NEVER be fix, because need create a new game engine and spend a lot of money like new game.

P.S. Play Civ 5, forget about Civ BE. This project failed and clozed.

I never noticed this one in Civ5?

Regardless, it happens ALL the time in BE and BERT for me. Usually when the map has to stream to reload tile graphics when I move the cursor. (read on bigger maps)

I just assumed it was a video memory allocation problem, and that it would be fixed with more video memory on the card.

Hi everyone. I just recently started with Beyond Earth Rising Tide again and to my big surprise this bug still exists? They haven´t fixed it until today?? And is there no potential workaround (maybe with the graphics settings or anything like that)?

Top Bottom