Communitu_79

I exclusively use this map script because of the really interesting terrain it generates. Not to mention, the plethora of options. Great job!

Does the map script take into account UB resource bonuses when generating luxury resource monopolies? I am finding it difficult to get starting locations with luxury resources that match the UB.

Does the map script take into account UB resource bonuses when generating luxury resource monopolies? I am finding it difficult to get starting locations with luxury resources that match the UB.
Not at all. It only factors in terrain, so a hills region start has a higher chance of getting a hills luxury monopoly, etc.

Hi love the edits done to the map script!

I exclusively use this map script because of the really interesting terrain it generates. Not to mention, the plethora of options. Great job!

tu_79 and azum4roll, do you realize that you started with a popular but controversial cult map, and have now pretty much taken over the VP map kingdom? I get a huge kick out of how often players come here to ask if you can do just a LITTLE more, because it looks like you can deliver on EVERYTHING.

Congratulations again.

tu_79 and azum4roll, do you realize that you started with a popular but controversial cult map, and have now pretty much taken over the VP map kingdom? I get a huge kick out of how often players come here to ask if you can do just a LITTLE more, because it looks like you can deliver on EVERYTHING.

Congratulations again.
Thanks, Txurce.
I should mention that all maintenance credits go to azum4roll, since I'm not that good at coding and currently I'm busy with real life. And we should thanks Stalker0, who gave much feedback and suggestions. And some extra advertising.
I know it's still not perfect. Terra starts have a weird way to place luxuries, for example, but I think it's much better than most generic mapscripts. Unless you have a specific shape in mind for your game (doughnut?), Communitu_79a is the way to go.

The random nature of the elevation map generator makes it hard to force specific land shapes (Pangaea, Oval, etc.)

For those who are unfamiliar, the Communitas map series uses Perlin Noise to generate elevation of every plot, and then a threshold is determined based on land percent to decide whether a plot is water, flat land, hills or mountain. Rivers and climate are also based on the elevation map, but these are after plot types anyway and don't matter (meaning these can still be generated the "Communitas" way with any given land formation).

We can technically forcibly raise and drop elevation of specific plots, but the resultant map can be unnatural (e.g. water when there should be mountains).

Not at all. It only factors in terrain, so a hills region start has a higher chance of getting a hills luxury monopoly, etc.

Okay, thanks. Figured I would ask. I was trying to get a Greece start with a resource that matches their UB but kept striking out. I need to figure out how to use the Really Advanced Setup resources option. I've haven't played around with that yet.

Hey everyone. I have been playing vox populi with this mod and I really enjoy it but for some reason I can't seem to find Ivory anywhere?? I looked everywhere on the plains and there is no ivory, this is a shame because I really wanted to build war elephants. I confirmed it was communita_79a, because I switched to pangaea and loaded in as mongolia and boom, ivory was there in the plains. For some reason in this map I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Hey everyone. I have been playing vox populi with this mod and I really enjoy it but for some reason I can't seem to find Ivory anywhere?? I looked everywhere on the plains and there is no ivory, this is a shame because I really wanted to build war elephants. I confirmed it was communita_79a, because I switched to pangaea and loaded in as mongolia and boom, ivory was there in the plains. For some reason in this map I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

I think Ivory only spawns sometimes, so it's just a chance thing, I don't think it's guaranteed on any mapscript.

I think Ivory only spawns sometimes, so it's just a chance thing, I don't think it's guaranteed on any mapscript.
Ah, so it's just rare? Have you ever had it spawn on communitas? I think it can only spawn on plains, which pangaea has more of so there is a higher chance of it. I kinda wanted to build war elephants, so it's a bit of a shame that ivory isn't more common. Is there any way I can increase it's chance?

I have found that on one side of a continent the coast will be highly varied, with islands here and there, lots of bays, peninsulas, etc. Plenty of space for pre-Astronomy naval action. But the other side of the continent will be just a mostly uniform 1 tile wide strip of coast. And this seems to be the case just about every time.
I would like both sides to be varied instead. How can I tweak the script to achieve that?

Top Bottom