Community Patch - How To Install

Thanks to this latest update I just have the most amazing, immersive, and wonderful match of my life so far! So much deep go in to the wildings now and make you feel so inside the world you are looking at: with the baths for city’s with fresh water (before the baths was for city’s without fresh water, the new way makes more sense and feels better), the new science wilding of the first era called, I think, "council", give me the chills when I start imagine my aristocrats having they reunions there (more now that the Stonehenge give one for free and not a shrine, something for what I never aim to until now that gives this wilding that is more interesting in story deep of ones civ); the new system with social policies: the idea that an authoritarian civ will not shake hands with a traditional one, at least at the first stages of the game, is fantastic and accurate historically. (In this game I have like a compact group of civs that go for tradition and only one that go for authority, imagine the trade between the kingdoms and the isolation that the other civ have to endure until he became more friendly)
For the first time in a long time, I feel that I was looking at a world that was alive and breathing, full of possibilities, joy and tragedy. Never a cultural victory was so exiting, taking my religion everywhere I can was fantastic, and the trade is much easy to have (did you change the production cost for caravans, if that’s the case is a welcome feature, I never trade because they are time consuming). Fantastic job to all in the CBP team! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS “NEW” GAME!!! *hugs*
PS: not a inglish speaker, so sorry about the tons of errors.

I really hope that this idea get implemented in the [WIP] Cities in Development.

Well, I tried Revolutions some time ago, and the idea is more or less already in Cities in Development: if the Loyalty of your city falls down, it will contribute towards a meter, which, when filled, can spawn rebels or even the city itself can defect to Barbarians. It's really well polished and balanced, and it's incredibly fun! ^_^

Hi All,
I would like some clarification regarding the installation procedure as I am not clear on
a couple of points.
1) Does one actually delete the Cache folder, Moduser Data folder, and Logs folder,
or does one just delete the contents of the above referenced folders?
2) Re:EUI, In order to use EUI when not using Community, should I use the EUI version
of Community or the stand-alone version of EUI?
Perhaps someone can clarify these items for me.
Thx for your help.

Hey, this isn't an installation question but it's a pretty quick one.

I'm not sure whether this comes from EUI or CBP, but I think I remember seeing somewhere that you can disable the Gold Purchase display for Units and Buildings being how much your gold is missing. I would rather have the full Gold Costs displayed again. How do you do this?

Hey, this isn't an installation question but it's a pretty quick one.

I'm not sure whether this comes from EUI or CBP, but I think I remember seeing somewhere that you can disable the Gold Purchase display for Units and Buildings being how much your gold is missing. I would rather have the full Gold Costs displayed again. How do you do this?

That's an EUI feature - there are fixes on that thread.

Hello, I been playing the Ottomans and their unique ability ( gain food, science, production for internal trade routes) doesn't seem to be working. I'm playing with JFD's CID and RtP.

I want to use the new spy missions (damaged buildings, fomenting rebellions and so on). Do I need to install CBP or this functionality already exists in CP?

You'd have to manually activate the code in the CP to do this. Easier to just use the CBP.

G

Alright, apologies if I ask a question probably minged before, but I have deleted Community patch files in the two areas I found them: The Civ V files and found some more somewhere else, I previously had them disabled, but the HUD and UI still act like I have the files, and since they're missing... the HUD and UI are completely destroyed. May I PLEASE get some help with this? Or a redirect to any previous instruction you might have given in the past? :confused:

Alright, apologies if I ask a question probably minged before, but I have deleted Community patch files in the two areas I found them: The Civ V files and found some more somewhere else, I previously had them disabled, but the HUD and UI still act like I have the files, and since they're missing... the HUD and UI are completely destroyed. May I PLEASE get some help with this? Or a redirect to any previous instruction you might have given in the past? :confused:

Delete UI_BC1 from your DLC folder.

Delete UI_BC1 from your DLC folder.
Thank you, the UI was acting really weird with some of my other mods, and in all general, if I didn't play on a modded game with it activated, everything screwed up. Thanks again!

do i need the 18th of March version of the Community patch to use JFD's mods?

do i need the 18th of March version of the Community patch to use JFD's mods?

I think nobody else than JFD himself will be able to tell you that. I think upgrading wouldn't hurt you, but beware - new versions of CP aren't usually compatible with saves from previous versions.

Top Bottom