Complaints?

NintendoTogepi

Noble Pacifist
1. Too short. How many turns is the game?

2. The AI is terrible. It is very unintelligent.

3. No AI personalities? I had a game with Bismarck, Napoleon, Gandhi and Montezuma. Gandhi DoW'd on me once, and Napoleon twice. No DoW from Monty. Seems like every AI is the same.

4. Awful diplomacy.

It is pretty much this:

"Hello do you want peace or war"
"Hello give us very unreasonable demand or war, or maybe give us a slightly less useful thing that we may or not accept"
"Hello do you want to trade this technology for this one...it has to be this one for that one"

From what I can tell you have no choice when the AI pops up. It's random. Diplomacy is probably the worst part about the game. It's really, really bad. I'm almost wondering if I am missing something here, and there is a way to get to a much more detailed screen. It has to be that, they wouldn't ship the game with such bad diplomacy. Where's the option to access better diplomacy?

5. No open borders. So stupid.

6. Horrendous graphics

Anyway, what are your complaints?

1. Too short. How many turns is the game?

2. The AI is terrible. It is very unintelligent.

3. No AI personalities? I had a game with Bismarck, Napoleon, Gandhi and Montezuma. Gandhi DoW'd on me once, and Napoleon twice. No DoW from Monty. Seems like every AI is the same.

4. Awful diplomacy.

It is pretty much this:

"Hello do you want peace or war"
"Hello give us very unreasonable demand or war, or maybe give us a slightly less useful thing that we may or not accept"
"Hello do you want to trade this technology for this one...it has to be this one for that one"

From what I can tell you have no choice when the AI pops up. It's random. Diplomacy is probably the worst part about the game. It's really, really bad. I'm almost wondering if I am missing something here, and there is a way to get to a much more detailed screen. It has to be that, they wouldn't ship the game with such bad diplomacy. Where's the option to access better diplomacy?

5. No open borders. So stupid.

6. Horrendous graphics

Anyway, what are your complaints?

Stop complaining and play. Is not civilization IV is just another chapter in the civilization franchise. I'm been playing every single civilization game and of course there are a lot of details that make this game way too different to any other civilization game. But is nice to have a game and not spend the whole day from time to time.

The game is fun, but the single player is pretty bad. This has clearly been designed for multi-player.

So far, I find single player more fun than multiplayer... But that's because I can't get a multiplayer match without everyone quitting.

I'm very happy with the graphics but do agree that the AI and the diplomacy need some work for future editions.

1. AI gang up on you, but they all happy together unless you bribe them, STUPID!

2. multiplayer is SOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW, it seems like they designed it for civ 4, instead of civ rev

3. Luck, urgggggggh, luck

Many later age unique units appear to be unique in name only. (Sherman tank, T-34 among others.) It irks me a little.

The French are as arrogant and annoying as Paris Hilton drunk. I hate thier little gruff laugh and I find myself destroying them over and over.

1. It's made for the console audience with multiplayer in mind. Most console gamers have a) never even played a turn-based strategy videogame and b) would never agree to more than 2 hours in a single multiplayer game.

2. The A.I. isn't terrible, per se, it's just very singleminded and overly focused. Again, this game is meant for a console audience with little to no experience with Civ games.

3. Fair enough. There really doesn't seem to be much difference between the A.I. players. I think they are all based on the same A.I. calls.

4. Agreed. It's terrible diplomacy for people used to Civ games, but we're not the sole focus here. It's meant to not be overwhelming to strategy newbies.

5. Actually not a bad design decision with the faster gameplay style.

6. OK, it's not Gears of War, or Assassin's Creed, but it's essentially the same textures and similar graphics used in Civ IV. Some things have been made "cuter" but it's the same Gamebryo middleware engine used before.

Even Call to Power had a better diplomacy model than this game.

This just feels so incomplete.

As has been pointed out:
Again, this game is meant for a console audience with little to no experience with Civ games.

Those of us who play Civ on the PC will likely be able to find all manner of things that "aren't right". But that is because our perspective is skewed. ;)

I am so dissapointed with this game. It is so bare bones that I dont even recognize it as a game in the civilization series.

I am returning it today.

I am so dissapointed with this game. It is so bare bones that I dont even recognize it as a game in the civilization series.

I am returning it today.

agreed. if i could get my money back for this game i definately would do so. maybe i can sell it on ebay.

Top Bottom