Consentient's Deity & Immortal VidLPs

Yes, laptop and built-in mic. I don't really want to invest in a headset since I won't actually use it much. They're not cheap here. Maybe if I move to China for my next job I will get something from one of the giant electronics markets.

I watched an episode and the 'static' is the ocean sound. For my next 'Part', I will turn the ambient sounds down and the music off, and 'soft tap' the trackpad instead of clicking, and see if that helps any.

if you can just order off any e-retailers while traveling they arent too expensive, imo. i got a pair for $30 (plantronics headphones) on newegg. and i dont really use the mic as they are actually decent headphones, but the mic is there for the few occasions i need it on steam gaming. (I also use another set for purely listening to music but ive had those cans since the 90s.)

now, if $30-40 USD is too much then yeah you wont be able to get something much better than your laptop mic other than a clip mic for your lapel just to place it closer to your mouth. most basic ones are well under $20 for the most part, some under $10. that might be worth the gamble just to get the mic closer to you mouth. if you somehow cant use standard e-retailers like amazon or newegg then im not sure how to get you a cheap mic. maybe have some family member buy one from 'stateside' and just hold onto it til you get home? i dunno, just brainstorming here.

good luck with these. i always like to see new LPers show how they play the game. thanks for putting in the time and effort. i'll start a serious watching later when my errands are done.

I'm not from the US. But like I said, if/when I get to China, I'll probably pick something up for almost nothing. Or I might look in the sale bin at Euronics tomorrow.

I'm not from the US. But like I said, if/when I get to China, I'll probably pick something up for almost nothing. Or I might look in the sale bin at Euronics tomorrow.

well, amazon and newegg are pretty global. i dont think they only sell to the USA. im just not sure how you have no access to e-retailers for cheaper goods than what the local stores carry. then again, i dont live overseas. but ive been to europe and hong kong and had no problems buying things over the internet then, but that was 10 yrs ago. maybe things have changed?

I didn't say I have no access to e-retailers. I just don't like ordering from the internet to my current location, cuz the postal service here are comprised heavily of rotten thieves. Also, I boycott Amazon.

A new series is up for ICL #2

After the Poland ICL LP, I don't think I'm going to LP Immortal anymore, it just makes me too lazy compared with Deity.

When I also consider that I will want to play and make LPs more often than just the DCLs, I invite anyone to give me requests for LPs they would like to see me make. If you want to do this, please specify:

1. Civilization
2. Suggested VC
3. Map type - from Pangaea, Continents, Fractal
4. Any special strategic tip you would like to see demonstrated.

This will help me make better videos and improve my commentary, I hope :)

I believe you are a big hon-com advocate, so I would like to see honor/commerce/autocracy on deity on a regular map with a civ that doesn't have huge warring advantages. Please play the first map you roll. I think it would be real helpful to learn the strategy!

Just a thought -- you could write a rough script for the introduction to the game. You no doubt know roughly what you are going to say in advance, and it would make the intro quicker. Not that it needs to be too fast, but you could shave a little time off without hurting things.

Haven't been able to look at much of these yet, but glad to see them.

I would lov to see you try a Dom. V with Brazil on a pangea map (deity). Other settings are entirely up to you. I think it would be really interesting to see how much their jungle bias and lack of early UU/UB will "slow you down" since you seem to be an advocate of early warfare.

I haven't seen many interesting games with Brazil apart from Acken's LP, so it would be interesting

I believe you are a big hon-com advocate, so I would like to see honor/commerce/autocracy on deity on a regular map with a civ that doesn't have huge warring advantages. Please play the first map you roll. I think it would be real helpful to learn the strategy!

I would lov to see you try a Dom. V with Brazil on a pangea map (deity). Other settings are entirely up to you. I think it would be really interesting to see how much their jungle bias and lack of early UU/UB will "slow you down" since you seem to be an advocate of early warfare.

I'm happy to go H-C-A with a civ without big war advantages, but Jungle starts really hurt Honor. If I played as Brazil, I'd turtle until artillery, no question about it.

But people can take a vote on which of the following they'd most like to see:-

- Sweden
- Shoshone
- Russia
- Ottoman
- Mayan
- Greek
- French
- Dutch

After the Poland ICL LP, I don't think I'm going to LP Immortal anymore, it just makes me too lazy compared with Deity.
I don't think it's exactly Immortal. Just playing Poland on salts turns into a snooze-fest for anyone even on Deity because it is mind-numbingly boring.

No, really. I've played a slew of Immortal games lately and I was lazy on all of them. The AI is not enough of a challenge for me. By T20 on Immortal Pangaea there will be 7 more cities on the landmass in a Deity game than on Immortal. That fact alone puts considerably more pressure on the human. Imagine the DCL #1 on Immortal. The human could ICS to their heart's content and spam Impi factories 3 pop cities like crazy and I am sure that the T135 record would be down below T120.

I'm not bashing those people still learning Immortal, but I want to only play Deity in my LPs. I might still play the ICL, but certainly don't want to inflict my sloppiness/casual attitude on others :)

Sod it, I'll do them all, one by one. I'll start with... [this space intentionally left blank for suspense :p ] Suleiman

Could you provide save files in the games you are about to play so others can "play along"?

I will try to remember. Any particular turns you want me to save?

The biggest problem I have already is that I get immersed. I want to improve my commentary and make it more explicit. Save games gives me one more thing to remember. Maybe I should explore Live Streaming?

Hmm.. Turn 0 is ofc interesting, so we can get soem different starts. Maybe some turn just before you start a major war to see if anyone is just as effective as you. (My warfare really isn't all that great so it would be nice with some 'benchmarks' i.e. turns where I can see that you take a city etc etc)

Live streaming is great IF you can interact with the chat at the same time. Streamers who don't care about their audience is pretty lame. So if you can pull that off, then absolutely. Go for it! I'd watch it

Good luck pulling that off. I know I'm a terrible multitasker but maybe you're good at it

Top Bottom