[BTS] Dimatud's WORLD MAP 1000AD Deity Challenge (Youtube series)

dimatudWMG

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

I would like to challenge myself to win the Civ4 1000 A.D. World map Scenario (BtS version) with all leaders.

That being said, I've already accomplished that offline and even posted one of the most difficult games here a while ago. (Inca)
I would like to do it on video this time, because it can be a good experience to the viewer and can get more in depth analysis of the game based on my commentary.

In my first game I will pursue a culture victory as China. (link to my Youtube channel below)

Any suggestions or feedback (on gameplay but also on the content) is very welcomed!

Many thanks to all and from now I will be posting here every time I start a new series!

Last edited:
Great posts. I am inspired to try out food and spy economy for Inca. Can you do another post for Earth 1000AD deity for Mali? They are another backward civ in this scenario.
I know this is an older post, but I've started an youtube channel where I challenge myself to win on deity with all leaders on this scenario, so far I've posted the china game and I'm in the process of recording arabia. We will definitely get to Mali at some point into the future, and I must say that it took me at least 10 tries to get the Mali victory on deity. Hopefully I will get more lucky on video :)

Hi everyone,

After a culture and a domination game, I think it is time to pursue a space victory. In our next game we will be playing Lizzie:queen:

Next on the list will be Japan. This is especially for those who are interested in corporation economy. Enjoy!

stumbled on this early through the algorithm and have watched a couple of the earlier series only to find it here as well. Learned a few tricks and overall have been enjoying the content, keep it up!

Hi everyone,

Time to get bloodthirsty again, this time we start from Europe with Isabella. Let's put those City Raider III Trebuchets to work!

Excited about the --current-- game.

Spoiler :

I did not see that strategy coming. Hope it works out! I could only do it using a much more conventional way.

Mali or Spain?

The cool one.
Spoiler :

Developing sub-Saharan Africa! Awesome to see it in action. I'll report on my game after you're done.

Edit: since you finished, I post the major differences between our games
Spoiler :

I used espionage earlier and traded less. This slowed down the global tech pace.

Early setup
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Globe theatre for drafting rifles
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

Espionage action
Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

My peak research was around 2000. Yours peaked at 3500-ish. I didn't realise that was even possible.
Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Space elevator can be finished using gold. Saved me one turn.
Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG

Summary
Civ4ScreenShot0007.jpg

If I were to develop Africa seriously, I would...
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

Getting the extra fish tile will speed up expansion by a lot.

Last edited:
wow, nice one! How did you manage to keep the fish though(I assume the one from Tunis)? I always thought Holy Rome would have too much culture on the tile and it would be difficult to swap it. Also, I see Justinian got really big in your game, not sure if it played a role but he usually takes more time to win than other guys like Peter or Louis.

Hi everyone, time for some more European culture gaming (this time with a twist)

Great video again! Some strategic choices that you made that I don't quite understand.

Question 1
Spoiler :

You said that you cannot take Dongjing with just Keshiks. Why not? I tested it ten (10) times with no failure. Why did you split your Keshiks to attack China and Korea at the same time? Why not focus on China first and then Korea next? Korea might upgrade one or two archers into longbows but China will have muskets. We can beat a couple of longbows. We cannot beat one musketman.

The archers can arrive Dongjing by turn 3 to defend. There will be counterattacks. One archer goes to Qingzhou.
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Why did you use the great general for the Medic III promotion? I use it for combat promotions to heal and to take out Korea.
Civ4ScreenShot0001.jpg

Question 2
Spoiler :

Why did you try to research techs after the initial start? I put my espionage points into China instead. I can build a courthouse, run pacifism, and then get a great spy.

One more remark

Spoiler :

Once cities come out revolt, I would use slavery to keep training units and keep pressing as far as possible.

Last edited:
Great video again! Some strategic choices that you made that I don't quite understand.

Question 1
Spoiler :

You said that you cannot take Dongjing with just Keshiks. Why not? I tested it ten (10) times with no failure. Why did you split your Keshiks to attack China and Korea at the same time? Why not focus on China first and then Korea next? Korea might upgrade one or two archers into longbows but China will have muskets. We can beat a couple of longbows. We cannot beat one musketman.

The archers can arrive Dongjing by turn 3 to defend. There will be counterattacks. One archer goes to Qingzhou.
View attachment 664292

Why did you use the great general for the Medic III promotion? I use it for combat promotions to heal and to take out Korea.
View attachment 664299

Question 2
Spoiler :

Why did you try to research techs after the initial start? I put my espionage points into China instead. I can build a courthouse, run pacifism, and then get a great spy.

One more remark

Spoiler :

Once cities come out revolt, I would use slavery to keep training units and keep pressing as far as possible.

The reason I took Korea out first is because I get no cultural pressure and can work very nice tiles from the beginning(also is low risk because of weak units). The problem with Donjing is that is on a hill with cultural defense compared to coastal cities(both china and korea) which are much easier to get. I got screwed in multiple attempts (losing units w/o even scratching the top defender) and if you get unlucky and lose a few too many units in the first turns of war, China won't make peace. I guess there is no wrong in attempting to capture Donjing, but to me it seemed high-risk, high reward compared to low risk-high reward.

I promoted to medic because I didn't want to continue the war w/o siege and when you're trying to attack with a big stack it's better to have a great medic at your disposal.(that being said, if you want to continue the war with just keshiks it's def. better to promote as you did.

The spy thing didn't cross my mind at all but surely will try it next time I play Genghis! Great post, thanks for the feedback! :)

Justinian game is up! Decided through community votes on youtube to try an AP victory (but also kill everyone that stands in my way💥) Enjoy and thanks for watching!

Hi everybody,
Finally we move to the new continent to tackle our first native leader. The challenge will be to win with Monty a conquest/domination victory. Thanks for watching and all the support!

I thought fishing connects cities if culture borders are connected by water?
Spoiler :
I would settle the capital on the coast between the two corns. The second settler on the stone. Chop out the Great Wall in the capital. 1080AD TGW no problem. Much lower risk.

Other questions
Spoiler :
Currency is understandable but markets??? Also why can't we just go optics and meet other civs to reduce research cost?

Top Bottom