Coop Game - Automated Cart Problems

sabinmash

Chieftain
Does anyone know exactly how automated carts work? Not to be confused with choosing the "automated trade route" option for carts.

In a multiplayer game, I was Adams and my friend was Washington. After building a few carts, and setting the imports and exports correctly, I noticed my carts, automated but with no routes set, were exporting goods to my friend's cities that were importing goods.

Does this happen only because we were both English leaders? Is there any way to prevent it other than giving all your carts specific routes?

Hi Sabin,

This happens because when you are on the same team/permanent alliance it classes your trade routes are also your allies trade routes.

For example if you go into the manual trade routes, it will list your cities and your allies cities and all the possible import and exports.

I am looking into the feasibility of being able to add some diplomacy options in which could get around this. The best way (i say best way :s) of getting around this at the moment is have 1 of you keep your cities names normal and get your mate to name his with numbers. This way its easier to distinguish between your cities and theirs. However this is still a relatively long way round compared to just clicking the automate button.

Top Bottom