Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
New commit:
- moved stone in the Altiplano to a tile next to Tiwanaku
- new third Maya UHV goal: make contact with a European civilization before they discover America

To clarify the new Mayan goal: the first European civilization decides the outcome. If they have revealed on tile in the Americas, you lose. Otherwise you win the goal.

Technically that means that someone can discover America, but as long as you avoid them you can still sail to Europe to make contact with someone else and win the goal. But that seems unlikely enough that I will leave it like this.

New commit:
- moved stone in the Altiplano to a tile next to Tiwanaku
- new third Maya UHV goal: make contact with a European civilization before they discover America

To clarify the new Mayan goal: the first European civilization decides the outcome. If they have revealed on tile in the Americas, you lose. Otherwise you win the goal.

Technically that means that someone can discover America, but as long as you avoid them you can still sail to Europe to make contact with someone else and win the goal. But that seems unlikely enough that I will leave it like this.

That's too easy: found Vinland, build culture, found Iceland, build culture, then you reach Scotland and Europe. Just reverse Viking UHV, and you have plenty of time.

That's too easy: found Vinland, build culture, found Iceland, build culture, then you reach Scotland and Europe. Just reverse Viking UHV, and you have plenty of time.

Can you reach Vinland? I thought there were capes and marshes blocking you from getting there (or is that only from Europe to the Americas)?

I think of instead of Astronomy you need to research Optics after you win the 2nd goal

youtien can swim there on a ship built out of all his cheese

So what was the last commit ('this one is for youtien')? If I'm reading this right, you added ice if the human player is the Vikings, presumably so that Vinland can't be founded? Or is it the exact opposite, because you add it in the maps and have a '-1' in the resources file ('-1' looks like a logical removal number)?

Yes, I added an additional ice feature near Greenland that only disappears if you are playing as Vikings.

IDs for features start with 0 so -1 means no feature.

Can you reach Vinland? I thought there were capes and marshes blocking you from getting there (or is that only from Europe to the Americas)?

I think of instead of Astronomy you need to research Optics after you win the 2nd goal

Walk, my friend, Mayan settler can walk from home to there. Well, you still have to chop a galley and some culture buildings. So I am honored to let Leoreth to block all possible abnormal way..

WARNING: this commit break savegame compatibility: removed embassies.

Electricity.

I don't think so. Reason: I don't even know what you're talking about.

Electricity.

But until electricity, units are the only way to maintain contact? Would it be possible to make it so that you also remain in contact with them if you have a defensive pact or you are trading resources or something like that, to make civs with close diplomatic/trade relations able to remain in touch without units stationed in each others' territory?

Ah. Good changes. But wouldnt Astronomy be enough for permanent contact? It was during this age the whole world became known. And if permanent contact wasnt enabled, how could the western powers maintain colony adminstration? In practice, all civs with Galleons and onward can easily contact the rest of the world. Electricity more symbolizes instant contact.

WARNING: this commit break savegame compatibility: removed embassies.

Does this mean new buildings can be added without changing the DLL?

... probably?

There is still the plague, but iirc it doesn't have any DLL code associated with it.

I don't think so. Reason: I don't even know what you're talking about.

He might be talking about this, but admittedly it was rather random reference...

Establishing embassies was important part in the life of any ruler. Russians, for example, were trying to establish one in China for many years. We have so few non-combat units, why can't we have envoys who can travel criss-cross all over the map establishing embassies and giving a feeling that war is not the only way nations interact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom