[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts II: Another 10,000 to come.

What exactly does Felton define as electricity if there's an initial period where more houses have phones than electricity? :crazyeye:

What exactly does Felton define as electricity if there's an initial period where more houses have phones than electricity? :crazyeye:
Landlines were on their own electrical that only serviced the phone, and nothing else. It's why you could talk when the power was out.

Indoor plumbing is missing from that chart, but otherwise it is pretty good.

1694054170492.png

Combined Efficiency Map of an Electric Motor and Inverter of an EV

I can only guess, but hydropower can also emit a relevant amount of methane gas due to the decomposition of organic material below the water surface. This seems to be especially relevant if you do not cut down forests before the flooding.

It's just because BP do their statistics that way, for no discernable reason. The global standard is the IEA, who do it the normal way.

Scientists compiled data from how people around the world allocate their time to define the ‘global human day’. We spend most of our almost 15 waking hours on things that directly affect ourselves and others. The remaining time goes to changing the physical world (activities as wide-ranging as farming, cleaning, manufacturing and construction) and less tangible activities such as government work, retail and transportation. - Scientific American

You can really see the effect of the Great Depression on adoption of automobiles, telephones, and electricity. Radio and refrigerators seem unaffected however. I'm not sure why there's a dip in clothes washers later, in the 1940s. I agree with birdjaguar that indoor plumbing would be interesting to see, so would water heaters.

I'm not sure why there's a dip in clothes washers later, in the 1940s.
I assumed that was a switch from factories building clothes washers to building tanks.

Top Bottom