Dale's Combat Mod (BTS 3.19)

Cool !!
but is there any progress to merge v2.5 with an AI mod an release it here ?

Will be fine for x-mas :D

sorry about the delay. Don't have any plans to. Should be really easy though.

I've significantly streamlined the mod so I really don't want to bulk it up with things many people don't want. The 50 dll sig. slows down the game from what I heard.

I may move this to the range strike code or try and fix the ai. The AI doesn't seem to use range bombardment or the airbombing missions. Anybody have any luck with them?

YES !!!!
:cheers:

looking forward to your release :worship:

I've significantly streamlined the mod so I really don't want to bulk it up with things many people don't want. The 50 dll sig. slows down the game from what I heard.
Maybe make it an optional feature. i.e. a standard version and a 50 civ version.

I figured out some of the AI problems. RevDCM changed the AI code so that the AI has a minstack threshold before using range bombardment. It is 3 for units in the open and 5 if in the city. This makes sense because RevDCM only used collateral damage and disabled the range attack.

There is also AI for for Fighterengagement, but NONE for the airbombing missions.

-CONCEPT_RBOMBARD_TEXT is missing and needs to be added.

I figured out some of the AI problems. RevDCM changed the AI code so that the AI has a minstack threshold before using range bombardment. It is 3 for units in the open and 5 if in the city. This makes sense because RevDCM only used collateral damage and disabled the range attack.

There is also AI for for Fighterengagement, but NONE for the airbombing missions.

-CONCEPT_RBOMBARD_TEXT is missing and needs to be added.

So when should we expect the next update?

Couple months for the AI prob & couple weeks for the text fixes.

Hi stolenrays,

My plans for OGI is to wait for your latest fixes and then merge DCM into OGI. Next, if you are willing, I want to collaborate with you on my planned development of a stack attack capability that actually works. The end result should be a DCM that works as it was originally envisioned.

Is the mod currently broken?I opened world builder after loading the mod and starting a game and no of my units have ranged bombardment and stack attack does not work too, it's just like playing the normal game with latest patch.

Top Bottom