Dale's Combat Mod (BTS 3.19)

How do I give new custom units and buildings these abilities? ie. to bombard, archer bombard and be airbombeb? I added<iDCMBombAccuracy> tags with the percentages at the end of the unit entry in the CIV4UnitInfos.XML, but the mod gives me XML errors every time I launch the game.

EDIT: Nevermind. I should have read the XML errors more carefully, since I realised that I had modular civs (from CIV Gold) and they had each their own *Schema.XML files, which of course had no lines for DCM. I copied the according lines from the DCM's Schema files and I'm good to go!

@stolenrays
The DCM 2.6 will not work !! The Main Menu shows no Text.
It seems there is a problem with the german translation.
I switch the language to english and now the menu is working.
is there mayba a issue with the txt files ??? :confused::confused:

EDIT just adjust the txt file a bit. now it is working in german as well :cool:
you can find it in the attachment.

EDIT EDIT
I have merge a couple of things and wondering why you have adjusted the most of
<iAsset> & <iPower> values in UnitInfos !? Is there any sense in relation of DCM or on other purpose ?

Attachments

• Civ4GameText_DCM.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 198
So while this mod works perfectly fine for human players, it seems to me the AI is unable to use ranged bombardment except for when it would normally use the regular city defense bombard function. So far I've only seen it use a battleship to bombard a city, from the adjacent tile despite having a range of 2. It never bombards units outside of cities no matter what.

I'm using the dll from this mod unedited, but I've merged the python and xml code with Next War and a few edits of my own. Did I mess up somewhere, or does the AI really not work for this?

I'm surprised people are still updating this mod. I assume you guys worked off the RevDCM's DCM component. So I guess the DCM in the current 2.9 version of RevDCM is outdated right? Is there any merge I can find or do I have to merge them myself (which I can do). I hope you guys improved it enough to make merging worth it.

So while this mod works perfectly fine for human players, it seems to me the AI is unable to use ranged bombardment except for when it would normally use the regular city defense bombard function. So far I've only seen it use a battleship to bombard a city, from the adjacent tile despite having a range of 2. It never bombards units outside of cities no matter what.

I'm using the dll from this mod unedited, but I've merged the python and xml code with Next War and a few edits of my own. Did I mess up somewhere, or does the AI really not work for this?

In LoR AI use ranged bombardement, AI use and AI missions from DCM too, but that is some older version of DCM, Stolenrays is improved DCM. I think that AI use ranged bombardment only if unit is weaker than target. Cannon will fire on stack of Modern Armors, but Mobile Artillery will not fire on stack of Axemans, because Mobile Artillery can crush them in direct attack. I think that this work on this way but i don't really sure...
Try latest version of DCM.

In LoR AI use ranged bombardement, AI use and AI missions from DCM too, but that is some older version of DCM, Stolenrays is improved DCM. I think that AI use ranged bombardment only if unit is weaker than target. Cannon will fire on stack of Modern Armors, but Mobile Artillery will not fire on stack of Axemans, because Mobile Artillery can crush them in direct attack. I think that this work on this way but i don't really sure...
Try latest version of DCM.
So would you be so kind as to share the link to the latest version after v2.9? and/or the link to the svn?

Sorry for bumping this thread but how can I enable the catapult bombarding like the rest of the seige units . The way things are now catapult is still acting like a melee units, thx in advance

Hello, everyone..
I'm new for SDK and modding for my own based on 'Dale's combat mod',
and I'm in trouble to compile the codes.

The settings wouldn't have a problem.
for the test, I tried to compile a dll with original BTS codes only, and it was succeed.
and what I am doing is compile with the codes from the DCM only
and keep getting error messages below.. for 2 days already..

1>------ Build started: Project: CvGameCoreDLL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Performing Makefile project actions
1> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe" /nologo /MD /O2 /Oy /Oi /G7 /DNDEBUG /DFINAL_RELEASE /Fp"Release\CvGameCoreDLL.pch" /GR /Gy /W3 /EHsc /Gd /Gm- /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCVGAMECOREDLL_EXPORTS /Yu"CvGameCoreDLL.h" /IBoost-1.32.0/include /IPython24/include /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A/Include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A/Include/mfc" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0/include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\CvGameCoreDLL\Python24/include" /FoRelease\CvUnit.obj /c CvUnit.cpp
1>CvUnit.cpp
1>CvUnit.cpp(4549) : error C2065: 'iCount' : undeclared identifier
1>CvUnit.cpp(4550) : error C2065: 'pUnit' : undeclared identifier
1>CvUnit.cpp(4551) : error C2065: 'pUnitNode' : undeclared identifier
1>CvUnit.cpp(4552) : error C3861: 'pUnitNode': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvUnit.cpp(4552) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
1>NMAKE : warning U4010: 'Release\CvUnit.obj' : build failed; /K specified, continuing ...
1>NMAKE : warning U4011: 'Release\CvGameCoreDLL.dll' : not all dependents available; target not built
1>NMAKE : warning U4011: 'Release' : not all dependents available; target not built
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"
1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\CIV\CIV4\01_Final_progress\01_TEST_RevDCM\CvGameCoreDLL\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>CvGameCoreDLL - 6 error(s), 3 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

and the part causes error messages, It is not the original but I never modified at all from the mod.
Code:
// Dale - AB: AI Bombing START
            //Hangar Airbomb START//
            if (GC.getImprovementInfo(pPlot->getImprovementType()).isActsAsCity() && pCity == NULL)
            {
                if (GC.getUnitInfo(getUnitType()).getDCMAirBomb4())
                {
>                   iCount = 0;
>                    pUnit = NULL;
>                    pUnitNode = pPlot->headUnitNode();
                     while (pUnitNode != NULL)
                    {
                        pLoopUnit = ::getUnit(pUnitNode->m_data);
                        pUnitNode = pPlot->nextUnitNode(pUnitNode);
                        if (pLoopUnit->getDomainType() == DOMAIN_SEA)
                        {
                            iCount++;
                        }
                    }
                    if (iCount > 0)
                    {
                        airBomb4(iX, iY);
                    }
                }
                //Hangar Airbomb START//
                if (GC.getUnitInfo(getUnitType()).getDCMAirBomb6())
                {
                   iCount = 0;
                    pUnit = NULL;
                    pUnitNode = pPlot->headUnitNode();
                    while (pUnitNode != NULL)
                    {
                        pLoopUnit = ::getUnit(pUnitNode->m_data);
                        pUnitNode = pPlot->nextUnitNode(pUnitNode);
                        if (pLoopUnit->getGroup()->getActivityType() != ACTIVITY_INTERCEPT)
                        {
                            if (pLoopUnit->getDomainType() == DOMAIN_AIR)
                            {
                                iCount++;
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    if (iCount > 0)
                    {
                        airBomb6(iX, iY);
                    }
                } 
            //Hangar Airbomb END//
            }
            // Dale - AB: AI Bombing END

I put the mark '>' for the notice on the post.

Can any one help me to solve this problem..

I have a question about Dales combat mod
It does not allow to use the bombing option in a vassal territory against an enemy.
Working only on his own territory and enemy territory

I am separated from my worst enemy by 2 states (once vassals, sometimes not but with a very good relationship) I subsidize them and provided weapons when my enemy attacks them. But sometimes I must intervene and when I send my armies in the allied cities, impossible to bomb my enemy.

Which line of code should I change and in which file?

Sorry for my bad english, not my mother tongue.

I'd like an answer to voleur's question too. Would also need it to work in neutral territory, that is, if I'm fighting Japan, but we're inside Babylonian territory, need to be able to shoot at them.

Also, how would one go about making a unitcombat for Mounted_Archer that has the same bombard abilities as an archer?

Dale's Combat Mod v2.6 for BTS 3.19

I have updated most components of DCM to 3.19. I did this by using the RevDCM source code and merging it with Better BTS AI and using Xenomorph's xml/art files. I have not incorporated Battle Effects. That proved a little trickier to convert, but I may try to incorporate them later with some help.

This Mod combines Dale's combat related Mod Components, such as airbombing missions, stack attack, and ranged bombardment, and the WWII style atomic bomber# All source code is available for this mod, fully commented to easily signify what component code relates to# All components can be easily turned off or on in a single XML file which can be edited in any text editor.

------The Team------
-Stolenrays & Roamty

------Included Components:------
Spoiler :

-Airbomb Missions: The air-bombing missions which featured in the BRS Mod Road to War are now available separately! Bombers can now air-bomb city defenses, city buildings, port air-bomb mission to attempt to sink ships, factories, or factory production.
-Fighter Missions: Fighters can air-bomb city defenses,port-air bomb, hangar airbomb, or participate in fighter engagement missions.
-Ranged Bombardment: Ranged Bombardment allows siege units to bombard in the field# By selecting the bombard icon you can select whether to bombard units only, improvements or cities.
-Combined Arms Stack Attack: Combined Arms Stack Attack allows a full stack of units to engage an enemy stack of units# It replaces the one-on-one combat concept and allows a full stack to work together to eliminate an enemy stack.
-Opportunity Fire: Opportunity Fire allows fortified bombard capable units #such as artillery# to automatically barrage enemy units which close on the position.
-Active Defense: Active Defense allows patrolling fighters to engage enemy troops closing on them. This includes fighters on patrol in any location #city, carrier, etc.
-Attack Support:
-WW2 Atomic Bomber: This unit is a bomber that delivers a WW2 style A-Bomb payload# It has bomber graphics coupled with Nuke graphics

-----Turning components on/off----
Spoiler :

-All components except for Route Bombing are enabled via a Custom Game Option
-Route Bombing is enabled with a Checkbox

-----------Mod-Makers------
Spoiler :

-This Mod is provided for the benefit of the whole community# Please use all/any parts as required, but please give me credit for the work I've done# Thanks to Roamty for testing and fixes and Dacubz request for the Hangar Airbomb Mission#
-A number of new XML tags have been added to certain files, please merge carefully into your own Mods# I suggest using WinMerge to help, as I will only provide "Best Effort" support of merging into your own Mods#
-All source code is included in the folder \C++ Changed\ inside the Mod's folder# I have made comments to help you identify which parts of the code belong to which components:
---New Tags----
Spoiler :
BuildingInfos:
iDCMAirbombMission -Allows and sets odds of air bombing building #should be applied to all new buildings you wish to be bombable#

TechInfos:
bDCMAirBombTech1 -If enabled DCM air bombing chances increased
bDCMAirBombTech2 -If enabled DCM air bombing chances increased

UnitInfos:
iDCMBombRange -If set the unit may bombard tiles up to the range defined
iDCMBombAccuracy -Accuracy of DCM bombarding
bDCMAirBomb1 -Allows fighter support
bDCMAirBomb2 -Allows bombing of buildings
bDCMAirBomb3 -Allows bombing of factories
bDCMAirBomb4 -Allows bombing of port facilities to attach ships directly in cities
bDCMAirBomb5 -Allows bombing #destroying hammers# invested in city's current production
bDCMAirBomb6 -Allows destruction of planes not in intercept mode
bDCMFighterEngage -Allows unit to engage enemy air units directly if in intercept mode

-----Commented Code-----
Spoiler :

// Dale - DCM: DalesCombatMod specific code #not related to any component#
// Dale - AB: Airbombing missions
// Dale - RB: Ranged Bombard
// Dale - SA: CASA, Opportunity Fire, Active Defense
"RevolutionDCM - ranged bombard"
"RevDCM"
"BETTER_BTS_AI_MOD"
"RevolutionDCM start" -->
"Dale -" -->
Dale - AB: Bombing
Hangar Airbomb
Dale - FE: Fighters
Dale - RB: Field Bombard
Dale - RB: Bug Fix
Dale - SA: Opp Fire
Dale - SA: Stack Attack
Dale - NB: A-Bomb

----Version History----
Spoiler :

---v2.6----
-Why does airbombing missions always destroy a building?
-AI for Airbomb Missions Hangar Airbomb, Port Airbomb, Fighter Engagement (from RTW)
-Fix AI for range bombardment
-GLobal Defines for min defenders to range bombard

-----DCM 2.5-------
-Added DCMBombAccuracyChange tag to Promotions.xml #accuracy promoction# from merged mod
-Added Critical hit chance against seas units from merged mod

-----DCM 2.4-------
-Removed uneeded DCM Nukesokay tag
-Removed max attempts SDK Code
-Made Commenting easier by labeling starts
-Modified RevDCM Defines to minimize SDK code
-Removed BBAI Code except getBombardTurns
-Removed uneed BBAI xml/python
-Removed Civ Changer
-Added Concept Text
-Removed uneeded Text entries

-----DCM 2.3-------
-unit alert button, unit specific message for Port/Hangar Airbomb missions#
-RangeBombard Gameoption Fix
-Archer Bombard Mission Code removed
-Unit Destroyed, hidden nationality, barbarian archer code added to rbombard code
-Merged parts from Ranged Bombardment 3.19 by Orion/Dale
-Active Defense Message includes "via Active Defense"
-Opportunity Fire/Range Bombard Message changed to include damage amount/defender/City Attacked
-Airbomb missions trigger plot recon
-Applicable Air Missions can only target visible plots
-Applicable Air missions only target plots with targetable buildings
-population decrease always a random chance on air missions victory/defeat
-Added a RevDCM CTD fix
-Route Bombing checkbox
-Messages need adjectives
-Prereq Tech RADIO & FISSION for Atom Bomber
-translation(later date)
-DCM Promos-later
-bitter winter/obsolete noTarget SDK code removed
-added missing bTarget SDK code

------DCM 2.2------
-Civ Changer is operational
-New Civ Changer Art
-Uneeded XML files Deleted

-----DCM 2.1--------
-Incorporated Roamty's sourcecode fixes
-Incorporated Roamty's XML changes
-Added Route bombing AI from Route AI Bombing Mod v1.1
-Enabled route bombing & no man's land bombing from Route AI Bombing Mod v1.1
-Included Documents for BetterBTSAI & Route Air Bombing
-Range Bombardment message fix from History in the Making-postponed for later
-Custom Game Option-postponed for later

----DCM v2.0-------
-Field bombardment can inflict damage on single units again.
-Hangar Airbomb Mission-Military planes not in intercept mode can be targeted and destroyed #similar to the port airbomb mission.
-Fighter Engagement Mission can ONLY target fighters that are intercepting.
-3 of the mission buttons changed
-Sunk message bug fixed
-Accuracychange xml tag removed from Civ4UnitSchema.xml

-----DCM v1.9-----
-added back in WW2 Style A-Bomb

-----DCM v1.8-----
-Isolated DCM standalone components from RevDCM

-----DCM v1.7-----
-Removed Civ Customizer

-----DCM v1.6-----
-Battle Effect length maxed at 10 turns
-MHP requires Fission
-Various bug fixes
-Port Airbomb ships in forts
-Solver's unofficial patch

----DCM v1.5-----
-Many bug fixes
-Many balance changes
-Been so long I've forgotten all of them

----DCM v1.3-----
-Added Fighter Engagement mission
-Added CASA complete
-Fixed Ranged Bombardment bug
-Fixed Battle Effects bug
-Fixed Nuke Bomber intercept bug

---DCM v1.2------
-Updated Airbomb Missions to 1.3
-Added Archer Bombard
-Added Nuke Bomber Unit
-Fixed Interface mode bug
-Fixed Battle Effect bugs

---DCM v1.1------
-Updated Airbomb Missions to 1.2
-Added Ranged Bombardment
-Added Civ Changer
-Added Combined Arms Stack Attack #beta#
-Added Opportunity Fire
-Added Active Defense

---------DCM v1.0------
-Added Airbomb Missions
-Added Civ Customiser
-Added Battle Effects
-Added required code for DCM Concepts and Status popup

-----Included Mods------
Original DCM 3.17
RevDCM Source Code for DCM only
Better BTS AI 1.01
Route Air Bombing v1.1

SVN Version Download
Download
I know this is old post and has been a long time but this is this still available for download? the link does not work

Top Bottom