Dale's Combat Mod (BTS 3.19)

For stolenrays:
I am test this mod (latest version, v2.5), and i am found something during debug,

please see attachments..

question:
Could this make some problems, because i plan to merge this with other mod components, thanks.

Attachments

• dcmerr1.JPG
    dcmerr1.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 283
  • dcmerr2.JPG
    dcmerr2.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 211
  • dcmerr3.JPG
    dcmerr3.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 224
  • dcmerr4.JPG
    dcmerr4.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 226
  • dcmerr5.JPG
    dcmerr5.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 219
  • dcmerr6.JPG
    dcmerr6.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 201
  • dcmerr7.JPG
    dcmerr7.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 132
For stolenrays:
I am test this mod (latest version, v2.5), and i am found something during debug,

please see attachments..

question:
Could this make some problems, because i plan to merge this with other mod components, thanks.

Good info. Did you get any CTDs? Some asserts are normal. The last assert means there is something missing with the xml file.

I'm working on the AI for Hangar Airbomb. It is almost done. I haven't got it to trigger in game though. I looked at the Fighter Engagement mission AI. I found that it is not listed outside of the main function so that it is called on in AI_AirAttackMove(). It is incomplete basically.

I also think that I should change the stack required for dcm to range bombard against to be a globaldefines instead of hardcoded.

I wrote all the AI fxns except for the production mission. I alos already included them in the AI logic. I also removed some uneeded attempt code, some uneeded enabling tech code, and added in Fengamenet AI logic from the RTW C++.

There was some AI already written into Dale's normal code. It is in the vanialla air mission and only is called upon when the AI targets plots. So it can create some unordered logic. I removed it and replaced it with the new AI functions which are easier to follow. Lastly, I've renamed the mission from 3,4,5, etc to PORT_AIRBOMB, etc. This makes it so much easier follow and mod.

Last thing I've done is created a GlobalDefines.xml integer for min Range Bombard Stack needed for the AI to push the mission. It is set to 0 as the default.

v2.6 is uploaded

-AI for all Airbomb Missions (Hangar Airbomb, Port Airbomb, Production Airbomb, Factory Airbomb, Building Airbomb Fighter Engagement (from RTW))
-Global Defines for min defenders to range bombard

I actually did not alter Stack attack for this release. I don't ever turn it on because of the selection bug and I like vanilla combat better. I kept the features in there for everyone else. I also turn of opportunity fire, active defense, etc.

I actually did not alter Stack attack for this release. I don't ever turn it on because of the selection bug and I like vanilla combat better. I kept the features in there for everyone else. I also turn of opportunity fire, active defense, etc.

I have opportunity fire and active defense working. I will formulate a special merge and get back to you with the updates. It may take a while. But since OGI 3.02 has released, I hope to be able to squeeze this task in before the summer is over. DCM 2.6 is a major update, which means OGI will have to be updated to version 3.03. I consider Mine warfare and DCM to be the most important must have mods in OGI. So this task will be a high priority for my next release.

I am check only Ranged Attack in game options (can't remember full name Ranged Bombardment, Attack whatever, you understand me) and AI siege units don't use DCM range attack (this is in all DCM versions).

I am check only Ranged Attack in game options (can't remember full name Ranged Bombardment, Attack whatever, you understand me) and AI siege units don't use DCM range attack (this is in all DCM versions).

Not true. Many siege units use DCM range bombardment in OGI.

Top Bottom