Deathmatch: the Bears' enclave

CA2 says 1 cavalry outstanding for Gen W on the eastern front, 4 frigates to the west. IIRC I get an army this turn so i could safely remove the cavalry.

Gems still quite embattled but I got myself a barrack to heal troops.

You got your tech last turn, what did you continue on? flight?

I started on flight and it can be finished anywhere from 8 to 11 turns if you gift cash. General W has combustion but Niklas does not.

I would start on mass production this turn. If you can move some workers to the island you can probably finish the fort and eventually you should be able to turn down lux to 10%.

Royalties in the mail for flight research, Mass Prod in 12 here while breaking even. West frigates still have me retreating, more infantries, more workers to the island in hopes i can get a fortress in time for my flaks and their bombers.

OK research at 100% for about 6 turns and flight should be in within about 8.
Just a little heads up on the demographic screen.
I'm average to both militarily. For some reason, Niklas still doesn't have combustion.
#1 in population, mfg goods and productivity
#2 in GNP and land.
#3 in annual income

OK a little update...
The game has become a bit of a statemate and should change considerably over the next 20-30.
Beorn and I both have military academies and are knocking out armies. My next army is coming in the next 6 turns. I'm now average to General W and strong to Niklas militarily. I'll need some cash to get flight in the next 5 turns and we both have cities that will prebuilid them over the next few turns. We have most of our productive cities with coal plants and are knocking out 33-70spt.

Tank armies should be coming soon but we need to discuss where they're least expecting us. :D

Back, and sick as a dog.

A few things I noticed when I opened it up:
  • They have furs and wines on their east coast (pillage friendly)
  • They keep bombing useless units on the island to soften them pre-bombers
  • I only have 120g but can output 100gpt to lump it as we go
  • His frigates on the west have been inactive and invisible, I suspect a retreat
  • You probably won't need all of the 200g since they'll get it 2 turns early and we save a turn etc.

Tentative order of business for today:
  • Keep pumping (empty) armies,
  • Keep the island stocked,
  • Keep softening their artillery stacks before bombers,
  • Keep building war boats on the west coast and transports for battle island.
  • Send 121g

Anything else?

Nope I think you've got it. I would start building forts on all the island luxs if you haven't started already. My luxs and resources are all forted so we should anticipate those being their first order of business.

They busted my gem fortress but I'll have one done this turn again, then I'll start on ivories - good call.

Gold in the mail, and I'm now average to Niklas (weak to you and GenW).

If you need to get more forces back to MotM, I can take back AnthroPC and the surroundings. I can't take the very front town yet, I think, but I can definitely take the one behind.

Looking good B. Flight comes in next turn and I have 5 cities that will have bombers ready the turn afterwards. I was able to turn research to zero so it appears they have flight this turn so brace yourself. I turned lux up a notch just in case. I sent back 226g that I didn't need so you can crank up your research a notch.

I'm #1 in population, GNP, Manufacturing and Productivity right now. Strong to Niklas and average to Gen_W. The power graph is showing we're gaining a lot of momentum and is the best we've seen in 500 years. Army due in 3 as of this turn. I'm considering leaving it empty until we get tanks since they're not attacking.

I think I should start researching the bottom half towards atomic. That way once we finish mass prod. and tanks we'll be able to move to the next age. What do you think?

Got a bomber with a pair of frigates :spear:

Needless to say, my prebuilds will be eagerly awaiting for flight next turn.

It waits until the bomber heads into a low-altitude nosedive, then bombards the sea hard enough to make a big splash. Then it hopes that the splash will enter the engines and flood the oil intakes so the engines mess up and the bomber doesn't go back up.

At this point, the second frigate heads all ahead full towards the bomber, whose altitude is negligible, and crashes into it with a huge BANG. From this point, The second frigate starts bombarding the bomber carcass and both return to port.

Easy.

Grim news from the frontline: we overdid the defensive preparations.

They have 10 infantries, that's not a problem - I have more than that, and artillery and army to back it up. The problem is that there's fortresses everywhere and they took full advantage of them.

Whatever we do, they'll have good defensive grounds to send units on and siege us with bombers. Therefore, I say we go scorched earth, hope they didn't think about enough combat settlers, let them take that island and start bombing it away from home. Those troops will serve us much better in that way. With the army and artillery, I think i can burn most of the useful stuff down.

Thoughts?

OK so it sounds like we'll be losing some luxs and need to adjust accordingly. Should we make colonies and keep on of the harbor cities so we can adjust easier? I think we should start thinking about hitting them in return. I have my army finishing this turn...cav, infantry or wait for tanks?

We're close to tanks and tank armies, so I'd go with that. I can't evac everything on the first turn, probably can't evac all, but I have a hill city that's the most defensible.

From where we're standing, there's no way we can salvage a colony, it would have to be a barrack city planted right on top of a ressource. And if it could be on a hill with a fortress and a control tower under the city, I'd take it. We're not in a horrid shape, but we are 2-3 turns later on planes and the island is right into the crosshairs of every diver around.

If you can post a couple pics that would be great so I can see what I need to bomb this turn. I think destroying their shipping could be worthwhile and make it really difficult for their logistics.

F11 screens, before and after the scorched earth:

The frontline, after:

I'm controlling the Ocean pretty well against Niklas but Gen just might come around anytime now, so I'll try to take a destroyer potshot but mostly will retreat all this turn.

I made 2 mistakes on the island: forgot to pre-place workers for colonies and found out that pillaging a fortress takes away all movement points (not true for baricades, though). That had me crank lux up to 50 or 60, which is ludicrous. I also could not really break enough roads to my liking. I'm afraid it will have to do though :blush:

I kept an incense city that was out of reach, and a town that was best defensible and closest. I built a barrack in it and I'll use it to survive as long as I must to evac as much as I can. My cavalry army is up on there for the pillage phase and I'll probably try to get it out second to last. I'll get every useful unit out and disband archers etc to leave nothing behind.

There was an Aztec Galleon East of the island, I took it out, so I'd be wary of something happening through that channel.

On a more cheerful note, they get to defend the island, which means additional spread and bomber vulnerability. They get high ground for their bombers, in a way, but we get to pick them off more easily as they disperse.

OK well I may have some disorder this turn but I'll try to bring the bombers over to Perf's along with some arty to knock those ships out.

So, what did landing #2 look like?

Top Bottom