• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Deity/Domination or Violent Culture/Large Map

Yeah I know that. I forgot to mention it in the previous post

Turn 82: Dido starts a war with Siam. Not particularly good as we're currently friends with both so it will be a "we are friends with their enemies"
Turn 83: HBR done. Starting on Currency. With loads of sea resources, Optics should also be a good idea, just saying. Zoroastrianism founded, does that mean we get to see Persia on the other side? Warrior finished in Philly, so starting another Work Boat. With some luck, we should be able to get the extra copy to Portugal in exchange for war with Siam, if it's still an option
Turn 85: Spearman finished in NY. Another Archer I suppose. Portugal are getting nasty and their price for attacking Siam just went up, as I feared
Turn 86: Tradition finished, happiness is down to +1. If we buy Silk from Dido and then bribe Tyre (who want Silk), we should get it allied. Rain check as I finish Circus first instead.
Turn 87: Another Archer. At this point I'm not sure if it's worth it, Portugal's army is twice the size of our own.
Turn 88: No choice, have to buy Silk from Dido for some happiness chain reaction going. It will hurt but we will kind of compensate by selling Crab to Hawaii. Portugal show off their Pikes, and Siam are no longer a threat as Dido takes their capital.
Turn 89: As it turns out, Silk may have been a mistake as Hawaii accepts Crab for Cocoa. Cocoa start WLTKD in New York. So, happiness is alright for now. NC done. Horseman next. Currency finished.

and that's it for now, I'm calling it a night. We're on 11 happiness, economy is good, we have 4 Archers and 3 Spears for defense with Pikes just around the corner. I'm letting the team decide on the next tech goal. There are 3 options:

1. Optics which would benefit our coastal cities a lot (3 turns)
2. Construction/Iron Working to update our army a bit (5 turns)
3. Straight to Civil Service (furthest at this point (furthest at this point, needs Drama and Poetry first, 10ish turns total)

I'm going to approach this strictly from a military position. I'm going to let you guys look at the diplomatic side.

I only wage war if I have a specific goal. So here I would ask what is my goal? I would assume taking a Siamese city.

Here's the problem: Taking a Siamese city would dangerously extend our lines of communication. They would be subject to constant threat from Portuguese troops. Any Siamese city would be subject to attack from Portugal, Siam, or Carthage and it would be very difficult to reinforce.

The War Department recommends against it.

Tech selection I say construction then civil service. Upgrade our archers and spears.

Huh ? Why siam ? He's far and our friend.

We do not have any military tech advantage anyway, an offensive would be really costly right now. Let's continue up to education. Hoard gold and start making swords to upgrade into MM if that's the plan.

For techs I'd pick Optics and then CS. Construction in between if you judge it necessary.

Alright, I'm going Optics, then Civil Service, then Education and then Iron Working and on to Gunpowder. Hopefully, Portugal don't attack just yet

and I'm back

Turn 90: Optics done, Started a Lighthouse in Philly. Hagia Sophia is built. Dido is sending a cargo ship to Washington.
Turn 91: Most of river farms are finished. Started a Market in Boston.
Turn 92: Horseman done. Started a Lighthouse in Washington. Portugal spawned a Great Prophet, perhaps it will be enough for her to think nice of us for now.
Turn 93: Accept Friendship with Hawaii
Turn 94: Dido pays 240 gold for Crabs
Turn 95: No longer friends with Mercantile. They want Gems which we will have in 9 turns. Ivory is returning to us next turn, so happiness should be back to +9
Turn 96: Golden Age starts next turn. Portugal settled a crap city in the middle of the desert. Will be visible in screenshots. Market in New York as it's short on economy. Will squeeze another Spear in Washington before CS (3 turns)

Last thoughts before handing over & savefile:

1. Units cost 30 gpt for now, enough gold has been stored in the bank for upgrades. I have gone a bit overkill on Spears, perhaps I should have gond with more Archers...

2. Gems will be back and that should get us back with the mercantile CS and get the happiness up by more.

3. Our two coastal cities both will seem to be growing like mad

However, I'm not sure if we can fit Unis, Workshops and Minutemen in a reasonable time frame, something will have to get.

Attachments

• 01 sticks.jpg
    01 sticks.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 03 north.jpg
    03 north.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 04 south.jpg
    04 south.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 115
Yes you made a bit too many. Bah at least we won't die.

agreed. If the coastal cities have grown enough, we can send the cargo ships to a CS or another civ for some gold and science. At this stage I like to another civ for the science.

If that's the case, a barracks is a good fall back. Eventually I like to have a military city with good production that has barracks/armory/military academy so that a new unit get three promotions to start. That is really helpful when building aircraft because you can provide a new unit with air repair.

OK, So Acken is up! I think we are ready to go.

I think minutemen will be an interesting play. We'll need some trebs/crossbows as well. I just hope we don't miss the window to use them.

Top Bottom