Demotivational Posters thread 2: Now with 100% more Demotivation!

I think it was done intentionally. :p

Yeah, that was completely intentional, and you guys completely missed the point.

Swastika's wrong way round.

I can never tell the difference between the flags of the Incan empire and the gay pride movement.

There are two ways to write "wife" is Japanese kanji. I learned this today.

The first is the symbol for "house" followed by the symbol for "inside".

The second is a single symbol in which the symbol for "woman" is beneath the symbol for "broom".

I thought it was funny.

There are two ways to write "wife" is Japanese kanji. I learned this today.

The first is the symbol for "house" followed by the symbol for "inside".

The second is a single symbol in which the symbol for "woman" is beneath the symbol for "broom".

I thought it was funny.
That takes chauvinism to a totally new, awesome level.

more than that!
see this to understand how misogynistic are kanji characters:
http://www.tofugu.com/2012/06/05/misogynistic-kanji/

Some of those are easily explained by the way the Chinese characters developed.
Many -not all, maybe not even most- characters consist of one or two parts, some of which indicate the meaning or the pronounciation.
For example horse is 马 which is pronounced mǎ, while mother is 妈, pronounced mā. It's the same syllable in a different tone. The character for mother combines the character for female (indicating the meaning) and the character for horse (indicating the pronounciation).
The chinese word for female (女) is pronounced nǚ, and the chinese word for slave (奴) is nú. The character for 'slave' contains 'female' because both words sound similar.
This is less clear in Japanese, since the Japanese language is very different from Chinese although it shares many characters.

Top Bottom