Do you like Germany

Do you like GERMANY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sidhe said:
It's a constant source of irony to me that Germany had the greatest thinkers in quantum mechanics of the time, but the first nuke was built on American soil. Oh and Denmark Thanks for Niels Bohr as well :) Einstein was Austrian that's practically German ;)

If Werner von Braun would have been captured by the Russian the first man on the mood would have been Juri Gagarin, btw!
And Einstein was so much between German, Austrian and Jewish that everyone may claim for him. But even if he is not considered German there are still some dudes left, ain't they?

Sidhe said:
@ E-Raser: you forgot Nietszche
I did _not_. I simply consider him a crazy fool.

Sidhe said:
@ Storealex: I'd say generally Germans are honest and forthright, if you take that as rude then that's your problem.

Agree- at last in the North we're damned straight. Take it or leave it, your problem ;)

E-Raser said:
If Werner von Braun would have been captured by the Russian the first man on the mood would have been Juri Gagarin, btw!
And Einstein was so much between German, Austrian and Jewish that everyone may claim for him. But even if he is not considered German there are still some dudes left, ain't they?

I did _not_. I simply consider him a crazy fool.

Agree- at last in the North we're damned straight. Take it or leave it, your problem ;)

A bit harsh considering for the last years of his life he was a crazy fool, before that he had some good ideas on challenging the dominance of Religous morality. Judge the works not his last works which were crazy imaginings of a syphallitic diseased mind. I'd not judge a schizophrenic as a crazy fool if that Schizophrenic went on to form the basis of modern economics, i.e a beautiful mind's John Nash.

Category:German physicists
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Subcategories
There is 1 subcategory to this category.
N

* German nuclear physicists

Pages in category "German physicists"
There are 134 pages in this section of this category.

Oh a few ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:German_physicists

EDIT: and as for being the first man on the moon it might well be a chinese or Russian ;):D

Mirc said:
If you have some nice girls it doesn't mean that the girls in general are ugly.
Agree. German girls in general are not ugly. Some a very ugly indeed.

Mirc said:
However everything else is great.
This in fact is a farytale.
Right now there are quite a lot of (among others) Romanian butchers working in German slaughterhouses for (not even) half the price. I would not call this everything else is great...
Somehow I dislike this EU mo'n'mo...

bathsheba666 said:
Visited Koeln many times on business and learned quickly to love Koelsch.

Worked in Frankfurt for 18 months.
Wonderful country, far more civilised than the UK.

:love:

Well I wouldn't go that far :)

E-Raser said:
I like particularely your attitude. Presuming you are Jewish. But seriously. Are you certain to change sunny warm Israel for this freakin raining Northern place?
If so more than welcome!
Meh, I'll live. I like cold weather, it's pretty and grey.
And yes, I am Jewish, by most definitions (except for my own - I'm really only Hebrew. ^^) Anyhoo, how does the Jewish thing factor in here?

I think most Jews wherever they live believe they are Hebrew, like you, so it doesn't as such, but the fact that Einstein was educated and brought up in Austria a pretty Germanic country means he was both an Austrian and a Jew. Therefore his genius is from his own genetics and his cultural influence. I think that's what we mean, although a few countries claim him as there own, he is at heart an Austrian Jew, nothing more nothing less.

E-Raser said:
What to say, isn't it already obvious.
And hey, WE have THE beer(s)!
Dont forget the German engineered locomotives and Pope Benedict XVI ;)

Sidhe said:
I think most Jews wherever they live believe they are Hebrew, like you, so it doesn't as such, but the fact that Einstein was educated and brought up in Austria a pretty Germanic country means he was both an Austrian and a Jew. Therefore his genius is from his own genetics and his cultural influence. I think that's what we mean, although a few countries claim him as there own, he is at heart an Austrian Jew, nothing more nothing less.
Well, the distinction I make in my personal terminology is crucial to me. By Hebrew I mean a person of "Jewish" heritage, "Jewish blood", etc. By Jew I refer to a person who considers himself a part of the Jewish faith. By this terminology I am strictly Hebrew and not at all Jewish. :)

Blasphemous said:
Well, the distinction I make in my personal terminology is crucial to me. By Hebrew I mean a person of "Jewish" heritage, "Jewish blood", etc. By Jew I refer to a person who considers himself a part of the Jewish faith. By this terminology I am strictly Hebrew and not at all Jewish. :)

I see, I understand the distinction; I'll clarify Einstein was both a Jew and a Hebrew and an Austrian, nothing more or less.

bathsheba666 said:
How far, then? Belgium?

erm about as far as I am now from England basically :)

Sidhe said:
I see, I understand the distinction; I'll clarify Einstein was both a Jew and a Hebrew and an Austrian, nothing more or less.
Erm, I knew that about him, but how did we get there? I was under the impression that I was talking only about myself, in response to a comment made by E-Raser about my taste concerning German women.

Blasphemous said:
Erm, I knew that about him, but how did we get there? I was under the impression that I was talking only about myself, in response to a comment made by E-Raser about my taste concerning German women.

Sorry I got lost at some point, in that case that's entirely subjective and has little to do with anything? I'll get me coat:(

Sidhe said:
@ Storealex: I'd say generally Germans are honest and forthright, if you take that as rude then that's your problem.
I like it when people are honest and forthright. If you wanna put words into my mouth and totally misinterpretate my post then that's your problem.

CivGeneral said:
Dont forget the German engineered locomotives and Pope Benedict XVI ;)

Well, I am not sure who "engineered" the Pope
but I just hope
Not whole Germany was involved :D

E-Raser said:
Oh oh, if you read the history more attentive you'll see, that the one and another Dane also came along for a visit, am I wrong?
We stopped invading you centuries ago when we found out that Sweden was a better target (pretty girls). You on the other hand invaded us three times in less than 90 years. Last time my grand father was in the resistance.

E-Raser said:
But I think this is not much of a topic nowadys, should it.
Nah, but when I find out whether I like a country, it's history of course plays in since Im very interested in history.

E-Raser said:
If you consider out language ugly, well - Schiller Goethe Kant Schopenhauer (just a few) were using an ugly language. I can live with that :p
I actually like what Mozart used your language to, but generally I think it's an ugly language. Not that Danish is much better though.

E-Raser said:
I guess anyway you 1st purpose id to get some "ole" with less tax than in Danmark, rigth?
Ole is a name, I don't follow you here?

E-Raser said:
The only thing I agree with is our girls. They are plain ugly- like Heidi Klum, Claudia Schiffer, Julia Stegner, Tatjana Patitz, Eva Padberg - awful freaks!
Im from candynavia. We got the pretty girls, everyone knows that.

E-Raser said:
Hey, may be you envy us since you wear helmet without horns?
I like my helmets.

storealex said:
I like it when people are honest and forthright. If you wanna put words into my mouth and totally misinterpretate my post then that's your problem.

Well, if it is like this than I really do not understand your problem here.
I mean Germans are for sure not rude as you describe them. But I know they can easily give an echo.

So how about you?

And besides!
The next one who claims German females are ugle will recieve THIS :spank: and THIS :whipped: afterwards a lot of THIS :ar15:

And this will be just for the begin! I mean ok, you may be right, but is isn't up to you to decide this!
Only if you're more German than me!
I may bash you're nation a lot! (No Problem if it isn't Germany :D )
But I'll never say your females are ulgy!
There are limits for eerything!
This is under the belt, if you know what I mean.

E-Raser said:
Well, if it is like this than I really do not understand your problem here.
I mean Germans are for sure not rude as you describe them. But I know they can easily give an echo.
When traveling abroad, have you ever noticed how people in big cities are more rude than the people living in the countryside? In Germany, the "big town mentality" are more common I think. You notice it when standing in the line in the supermarket, or when asking for directions. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but it's my impression that this is more common in Germany than many other places I've been to.

Top Bottom