Eldorado - The conquest of a new World

@Civinator : Thanks for the Labels file!
What do you think are the important things I may have missed in the last 15 years? (best editor, essential utilities, etc)

@Arexander Regarding the problems with the mod, it seems you don't have the French version of the game. So you need to "Frenchify" the unit names for it to work.
A utility allows you to do this automatically. It doesn't corrupt the English version. It keeps a copy of the original English-language unit folder and creates the French version.
I've attached it to this message. I hope it still works... To be placed in the Conquests folder and renamed in exe, before execution

There's no attachment in your post, though I'm still doubtful if it works, considering the errors are about missing files in the mod folders and the broken Pediaicons.txt, but I'll give it a shot regardless.

@Civinator : Thanks for the Labels file!
What do you think are the important things I may have missed in the last 15 years? (best editor, essential utilities, etc)

The most important things in my eyes are:

The Flintlock Mod
Download: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/c3x.28759/
Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...bug-fixes-stack-bombard-and-much-more.666881/

The Quintillus Editor:
Download: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/cross-platform-civ3-editor.15288/
Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/cross-platform-editor-for-conquests-now-available.377188/

There's no attachment in your post, though I'm still doubtful if it works, considering the errors are about missing files in the mod folders and the broken Pediaicons.txt, but I'll give it a shot regardless.
I can't attach the French patch even if I rename it to axa instead of exe, the forum won't accept it.
I've noticed that some biqs are unfinished work files, but the ones with a complete map called Eldorado4 or EldoradoSolo work (at least with the French version of the game).
Sorry for the inconvenience, but the mod is 15-20 years old and I can't remember all the details.

@Civinator
I haven't taken the time to read the 91 pages of the C3X forum, but is it possible (or planned) to remove the 2 restrictions of civ3:
- only 32 resources
- and only 256 buildings/wonders?

In any case, this mod will revolutionize the game and give it a new lease of life. It's a blessing for old players like you and me.

@Civinator
I haven't taken the time to read the 91 pages of the C3X forum, but is it possible (or planned) to remove the 2 restrictions of civ3:
- only 32 resources
- and only 256 buildings/wonders?

In any case, this mod will revolutionize the game and give it a new lease of life. It's a blessing for old players like you and me.
The limit for types of resources in Civ 3 was and is 256. The phantom resources bug (32 loops) seems to be fixed with the Flintlock mod. This mod additionaly allows virtual resources (that not appear on the map). The 256 building limit still exists. The MUA (Maximum units allowed on the map -8192 units) is overcome, the city limit (512) still exists.

The Flintlock mod now holds so many additional options I have wanted since nearly two decades, that I consider it worth more than two additional expansions of Civ 3 coming after C3C. Please read the short list about the options of this wonderful mod in the download link.

The limit for types of resources in Civ 3 was and is 256. The phantom resources bug (32 loops) seems to be fixed with the Flintlock mod. This mod additionaly allows virtual resources (that not appear on the map). The 256 building limit still exists. The MUA (Maximum units allowed on the map -8192 units) is overcome, the city limit (512) still exists.

The Flintlock mod now holds so many additional options I have wanted since nearly two decades, that I consider it worth more than two additional expansions of Civ 3 coming after C3C. Please read the short list about the options of this wonderful mod in the download link.
For me, the 32 resources (strategic + luxury) and 256 buildings (including wonders) are what severely limit scenario possibilities.
Apparently he has no plans to change this in R17, and it may be difficult or even impossible to achieve.

After that, I completely agree with you about Flintlock's contribution. They're already a big step up from the basic Civ3.
I still don't quite see all the possibilities introduced by resources generated by buildings, and the new ideas this can introduce into a scenario

The phantom resources bug (concerning lux. and strat. resources) is fixed by the flintlock mod, the 256 buildings limit is still existing.

Resources generated by buildings allow to provide cities with adjustable additional food, production and commerce, they allow to set up production chains of goods, they also allow to set different buildings as a prerequisite of another building, they allow the production of special units in special cities and they allow the transformation of resources (per example coal to oil).

Here are examples in the next version of CCM:

see post #80, the downloads still work, only one of the SAV files unfortunately.

Top Bottom