Eldorado - The conquest of a new World

You are aware, that this is only a multiplayer game ?

You can find it in the first post of this thread: "Specialties of this scenario - very special units (that's why you will not find a biq for solo games because AI doesn't know how to handle some units)"

If I remember well, it was played as a multiplayer game on a French Civ site and may be, there you can get more informations.

Thank you. Will try to get these people on Facebook.
Hello everyone
I don't know if this would be of interest to anyone but I found some files on an old PC that seem to correspond to this civ3 scenario, which is special, as far as I can remember, because it can only be played in multiplayer. What's more, it was developed for the French version of civ3 (I don't think the Civilopedia has been translated into English, for example).
If anyone is still interested, please let me know by posting here. I'd also appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of a free site where it could be made available online. Thanks

general-jcl, great that you are posting here again! :)

Here's the link:

I think I've found the Barbarossa scenario files too. If anyone's still interested, I won't be able to put them on Google Drive though, due to lack of space.
Getting back to Eldorado, there are biqs for solo play as well. Let's see if it all works again...

@Civinator Welcome back! I'm very happy to see you've kept that passion for civ3.
I'll try to drop by the forum a bit more often. The developments and changes to the civ3 code are very promising.

Last edited:
Hello everyone
I don't know if this is due to the new extended exe for civ3 but after trying to test if my Eldorado4 mod was still working, I encountered several problems:
- some options in the menus are out of order (main game menu, diplomacy messages are reversed, etc). Perhaps an incompatibility with the French version?
- when I open a city screen. Double-clicking on the central square no longer works. I can't remove a worker to restore order. The mouse seems to be inactive!

The error with the menue texts can be caused if you use the steam version of Civ 3 Complete as here into the labels text file a new line "Unknown" was added that of course plays havoc with all the labels text entries of old mods and scenarios. The GOG version doesn´t have this diletantic steam problem.

I cannot say anything to the other problems.

Thanks Civinator
It's been several years since I played civ3 and I bought civ3 complete on Steam. I need to remember a lot of things apparently.
The error did come from the Complete version, you're right. I've tried to restore the original exe and I'm having the same problem.
As for restoring order to towns, it seems to me that this happens when there are too many malcontents and there's no way of restoring order (no luxury resources, no luxury buildings), which is a feature of the Eldorado4 mod at the start of the game (the recent end of the Hundred Years' War for the French). One of the difficulties is to restore order to all your cities, and this encourages you to seek out luxury resources in the New World.

I attache the patch of the labels text file for the steam version of Civ 3 Complete, that I had created for the mods CCM and RARR longer time ago. Better is to buy the GOG version of Civ 3 Complete, that at present is on sale for € 1,29 as the wonderful Flintlock mod is developed with the GOG version (so it also should run with the steam version, too) and the GOG version has the correct files for all C3C mods and scenarios.

Civ3 Complete.jpg

Attachments

• labels-Steam CivComplete Patch.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 1
I'm having trouble starting any of the included scenarios, and it mostly falls down to a couple different errors, even after redownloading and reinstalling the mod.

All versions of Eldorado 3 except for Eldorado3.biq give the following error after selecting the scenario from Civ-Content:
Spoiler :

I did manage to get past this error with poking around the files, since I discovered that there just weren't any files in Eldorado3's tech chooser folder, so I copied them over from Eldorado 4 and got to the next error, which also happens on most of the Eldorado 4 scenarios and Solo007, though this time when launching the game after choosing any civ to play, the civ choice didn't matter:
Spoiler :

This one I couldn't fix, since the file in question is missing from all of the Eldorado folders. The folder for I08 does exist, but there are no files in it at all. Poking around the Pediaicons.txt I figured out that it's supposed to be the Polynesian Pikeman, and trying out some of the solo scenarios showed that at least I12 (Milice15) has a similar issue, though I didn't check all the unit folders. The issue with I12 only pops up after loading up in to the scenario and opening any city-screen, so at least I get to interact with the scenario itself before it crashes.

Eldorado3.biq, however has another problem, that I'm not sure how to fix:
Spoiler :

I'm not even sure what the error here is, I'd understand if it was missing a specific line for a unit or building, but this just seems like an empty line.

Solo001 hangs on game load, though I'm not completely sure why, and both Eldorado4b scenarios crash at scenario selection with the following error:
Spoiler :

Copying over the relevant text from Eldorado3 just got me another error, this time with BAT038, and the text file in general seemed like it had somehow merged some buildings together, so I didn't bother diving deeper since I wasn't even sure which building BAT038 was supposed to be, where as BAT003 just seemed like it had somehow cut BAT002's main text and copied over BAT003's instead, so that was an easier fix.

In the end, I didn't manage to play any of the scenarios, even if I did manage to get them started, and most of the issues seem to stem from missing unit files, though since you've managed to get them working (at least to some extent) on your end, I imagine there was some kind of a mishap with uploading the files to Google Drive.

As a side note on the labels issue, Eldorado 3's labels seem to be from before Conquests, which explains a lot of the issues there, and Eldorado 4's labels were only missing the "Unknown" from in between "PING" and "Host" ("Organiser") on line 86.

Top Bottom