escapist magazine 4/12/13

You can see Portugal's civ symbol in the archaeologist screenshot within the units stat box.

Do we have a list over confirmed city states that have been seen in screenshots and videos?

You can see Portugal's civ symbol in the archaeologist screenshot within the units stat box.

I thought that's the Archaeologist's symbol?

Though you can definitely see it in the 2nd screenshot with all the City-States and the diplomacy drop-down menu open... it's a cross; looks quite similar to Brazil's symbol but without the banner.

Do we have a list over confirmed city states that have been seen in screenshots and videos?

• Zanzibar
  • Ur
  • Belgrade
  • La Venta
  • Riga
  • Sofia
  • Jerusalem
  • Panama City
  • Bratislava
  • Cape Town
  • Geneva
  • Prague
  • Wittenberg
  • Monacco

I thought that's the Archaeologist's symbol?

Though you can definitely see it in the 2nd screenshot with all the City-States and the diplomacy drop-down menu open... it's a cross; looks quite similar to Brazil's symbol but without the banner.

The archaeologist is the pick and brush symbol, I'm referring to the five shields to the right of the unit artwork. It's partially concealed as it's technically behind the box.

Any particularly odd colourations of civs on the minimap? Looks like we know them all, but hey.

Cool, thanks. Still a tonne of city states not seen so not much fuel for speculation besides whom the new ones might be replacing :p

I'm staying surprisingly positive about Italy. Not a single Italian CS has appeared in a screenshot yet, despite there being a ton of them in the game.:yeah:

From a different article:

In the presentation you talked about four new civs; Brazil, Portugal, Poland and Zulu. How are you making sure that these new Civs are nuanced enough to differentiate them from what's come before?

Well we always try to pick new civilisations who's traits take advantage of the new systems when we're doing in an expansion. It's probably for two thirds of the civs that we're going to do that with: Portugal is a prime example, it's all focused around trade, so very unique and distinct from other civilisations.

In terms of someone like Zulu, who doesn't really have anything to do with the new game systems, but: big time fan request. It's number one on a lot of lists, they want to see Shaka Zulu in the game. Definitely not in the modern civ, it's not really going to help us teach him trade, or teach him culture, but what he does do extremely well is interrupt player's plans early in the game, and that's what he's really good at. Playing as Shaka, if you're a domination player, he's a really good fit for you. So you won't always have super unique civs, but what they do, and what they do well, if it fits in with their personalities and the civilisation they represent, that's key.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/71601/Civilization+V:+Brave+New+World+-+Interview/

Cool, thanks. Still a tonne of city states not seen so not much fuel for speculation besides whom the new ones might be replacing :p

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Jakarta and/or Hanoi... very interesting that we haven't seen many of the City-States from Asia in the screenshots so far.

Almaty, Hanoi and Budapest are still in the race for being possible civs.
The inclusion of Panama City could speak for a third maritime city-state being replaced.
Is Jakarta a maritime CS?

Top Bottom