• Jerusalem
  • Panama City
  • Bratislava
  • Cape Town
  • Geneva
  • Prague
  • Wittenberg
  • Monacco

You can add Geneva to the list. I spotted it in the new video.

The trade route information also showed that the science boost is raw beakers per turn and doesn't look that large, being about 6 per turn. The religious influence was at 10. Was that because the civ had religious texts or are trade routes just more powerful.

Versailles looks a bit different, I think this is just a generic Château UI for France.

But it's there between Cape Town and Pargue.:p

I clearly need new glasses :crazyeye:

The Château is definitely not Versailles; it looks more like the Loire valley châteaux of the 16th-17th centuries. Someone mentioned Chambord; that's quite a good match, as are Chenonceau, Sully-sur-Loire, Chaumont etc.

The Château is definitely not Versailles; it looks more like the Loire valley châteaux of the 16th-17th centuries. Someone mentioned Chambord; that's quite a good match, as are Chenonceau, Sully-sur-Loire, Chaumont etc.

It very strongly resembles a French chateaux. If it is a new French UI, it would make sense for it to look as generic as possible rather than look like any specific chateaux.

As far as speculating on a new French UI, I'd assume that it provides culture or tourism, or interacts in some way with Great Works.

Why is everyone presuming the Chateux is a UI? Seems to me its more likely to be the building that a Great Person builds. France may have the ability to settle a Great Musician or something.

That did occur to me but I can't think of which Great Person would be most likely to produce something like that. Great Musician doesn't fit.

Unless of course France are getting a Great Architect...

Why is everyone presuming the Chateux is a UI? Seems to me its more likely to be the building that a Great Person builds. France may have the ability to settle a Great Musician or something.

I suppose it's possible that France's new UA, City of Light, also allows the French to build a special Great Person tile improvement. That would allow France to keep both of it's UUs.

One is shown being built by a worker.

What does that mean for the musketeer and foreign legion? I'd be sad to see either of them go--some of the best UU's in the game.

Maybe I'm blind, but I dont see a worker building a chateau in that photo. That worker on the left could be building anything to my eyes.

That unfinished improvement has the same outline in front as the garden of the finished Chateau.

What does that mean for the musketeer and foreign legion? I'd be sad to see either of them go--some of the best UU's in the game.

Unfortunately I can't recall where I saw this on the forums, but someone pointed out a Musketeer in one of the new screenshots/videos from this morning. If the French have a new UI, I think that means that the FL is out. If so, I hope it gets recycled in some manner. Better yet, I'm hoping that we're going to get a huge surprise in the form of a third unique for every civ.

:please:

Top Bottom