escapist magazine 4/12/13

Looks like the Chateau from the poster. Its next to Lyon and theres two other improvements like it around the city. New french improvement it looks like.

Or, do the Musician, Artist, Writer have different Great Improvements? Could just be one of there's.

20 is below the 25 base from privateer so I doubt that. I believe in that game the Portuguese had the GL which is one triangle, another could be caravel sight. The strength fits the caravel right. That makes sense for Portuguese being involved in the beginning of the exploration phase. What special ability does it have though

Clearly multiple games from screenshots and they probably wouldn't give a UU inflated stats in a reveal. Its a caravel with plus 1 movement and another bonus probably.

Are you saing that Carracks are going to be independently from the Nau, or as in the form as a Nau, I am fully aware that they are the same kind of ship

How do you know? Perhaps it's just a replacement for the Caravel? Though I'd welcome new naval units.

From the image detail, the Nau is pretty clearly a caravel replacement. It's a melee ship (see coastal raider promotions) with the same combat strength and one more movement point than a regular caravel. It also appears to have one additional promotion (caravels start with 2 - extra sight and withdraw before melee).

Yeah, the extra movement could be from the Great Lighthouse, but the GL promotoin is three right-facing chevrons, which do not appear, and I agree with Gali that they are unlikely to be intentionally misleading with the screenshots.

All we've heard is that they are going to be an early warmongering Civ. Two UUs seems possible but I don't know what they would have besides the Impi.

Interesting there is a scholars in residence proposal for the WC. could that be a science boost for each civ based on backwardness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htFD1jlZwyw

per this video, that other Nau ability is they can (one time per unit) trade with a city-state for gold.

So, rush-buy a Nau, trade gold to recoup costs. Discount fleet.
Check 4:35, on the right side of Lisbon: there is quite a wide wonder there. Would it be the Acropolis?

Also in response to people guessing about a possible French UI: you can see the musketeer in this video - so if its true then the foreign legion is out.

Edit: and Portugal's leader screen looks amazing: the background looks awesome. I like the Portugal and Zulu colourations as well.

Check 4:35, on the right side of Lisbon: there is quite a wide wonder there. Would it be the Acropolis?

Also in response to people guessing about a possible French UI: you can see the musketeer in this video - so if its true then the foreign legion is out.

Edit: and Portugal's leader screen looks amazing: the background looks awesome. I like the Portugal and Zulu colourations as well.

probably The Parthenon but who knows?

Top Bottom