[NFP] Ethiopia Pack Patch Notes Discussion

The devs read these forums and know someone would find this.

So I think the question is more did the dev use this as an example as hint or to troll :)

Considering how highly requested Vietnam is (at least on the Civfanatics forums) it would be kind of cruel to tease it and then be like "nope lol hahaha you should've seen the look on your face."

the patch notes say
"[Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm]
Secret Societies Game Mode"

I have rise and fall but no game mode available, guess I overestimated their generosity

Considering how highly requested Vietnam is (at least on the Civfanatics forums) it would be kind of cruel to tease it and then be like "nope lol hahaha you should've seen the look on your face."

Agreed definitely think there will be this in an Asia focused pack. There's no reason not to start hinting at what's next. After all, we heard about Ethiopia and SS over two months before release.

Now what about the "Alternate Economy" mode? Hoping that is corporations as an addition and not something totally alternate, since we've been promised that new modes would (mostly) be left on.

Yeah, it looks examplish... And obviously Kublai wouldn't lead Vietnam.

The real question would be... are these things being used as examples because they aren't in NFP?

I think KublaiKhan_Vietnam does not mean Kublai leads Vietnam but it is the content of the pack like example GranColombia_Maya.

So I belive them and alternative economy will be DLC 5 !

What's awesome is that you can choose not to join a SS and then get MORE Governor titles from each new SS you discover. I'm not sure if you get the free titles once you've chosen a SS.

That cant be intended? Doesn't that translate to 3-4 extra governor titles in the ancient era while only ''needing'' one more? That must be a bug.

Once you've chosen a SS and have met the other SS, you can tell at a glance in the trade screen if the leader is following one you met.

The notes make it sound like you need a certain amount of visibility to see it, but that is not the case it seems? Too bad.

I don't know if it is mentioned somewhere, and if so, I am sorry.

It seems that we can put district on bonus ressource, and those bonus ressource do not disappear right away (during a Secret Society game). Do not trust the tooltip: the bonus ressource isn't erased right away. They do disappear at some point (likely: upon completion of district), but I managed to make them disappear even if I didn't complete the district (maybe it disappear when you complete something?). Can someone confirm this? I will check if I got some mods doing this?

It doesn't work with feature (only tested with forest and it is gone the moment I put the district).

I think KublaiKhan_Vietnam does not mean Kublai leads Vietnam but it is the content of the pack like example GranColombia_Maya.

So I belive them and alternative economy will be DLC 5 !

Please excuse the dumb question but what does Kublai have to do with being a separate country? I understand Vietnam but We already have Mongolia and doubt we will get an alternate leader. What is the second country we are getting in September? Sorry, just trying to understand.

Please excuse the dumb question but what does Kublai have to do with being a separate country? I understand Vietnam but We already have Mongolia and doubt we will get an alternate leader. What is the second country we are getting in September? Sorry, just trying to understand.
This is for the January pack where we will have an alternative leader and a brand new civ. Kublai is expected to lead at least Mongolia, and most likely China as well.

Pack 5 in NFP is a new Civ + an alternate leader that requires Rise&Fall. It has been speculated, that, therefore, this alternate leader should have to deal with one of the Rise & Fall civs, and of all of them (Korea, Cree, Scotland, Mongolia, The Netherlands, Mapuche and Zulu), the most likely for doubling leader is Mongolia (Netherlands could be as well, but not so likely)

The penultimate pack includes 1 new civilization, 2 new leaders, with 1 of those leaders requiring RF. We are assuming that one leader is an alternate leader to a Rise and Fall civilization, we assume that specific leader is likely going to be Kublai, and this supports it.

I'll have to look later, but the ethiopian faith from improved resources ability is actually applied to the city, not the tiles:
View attachment 563686
I wonder how flexible the modifier is for this (assuming its a standard modifier.) You could do a lot.
Also, it is geometric scaling: 1 resource provides 1, 2 provide 2 each for 4, 3 provide 3 each for 9, etc. This is really, really good.
Someone seems to have been playing a lot of green cards in 7 wonders, then thought: “Why isn’t this in our game?”

Kublai is expected to lead at least Mongolia, and most likely China as well.
..but not likely China as well - would otherwise not require R&F (but been a bonus for Mongolia).

Top Bottom