Fading Suns

Immaculate

unerring
Orders are due Tuesday, September 1st at 6pm EST.

Emperor of the Fading Suns

This is my third attempt at running a game based on the Fading Suns universe. The second attempt was relatively successful and can be found here. Because the world of the Fading Suns is so complex and it would be impossible to do justice to that creation here, in this setting, our game will be a much-distilled version of that elegant setting.

Last edited:
Game Settings and Rules

The setting and rules can be found at this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u6RqEzJJUK1uh5-OqNuIv_r04nBhfhxh/view?usp=sharing

FAQ:

Anyone can post a question or answer to the FAQ.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DSa5XC0vgba56FhOVxRQXd7yfmvjdEEru1kewBCcEFA/edit?usp=sharing

Diagram of the Known Worlds

Spoiler :
With Immac's approval, I have made a brief reference diagram of the Known Worlds, to make it easy for everyone to see the known locations and possessions of the various houses, as described in the rules. Please note that this diagram aspires to no cartographic merit, and, in particular, the various continents' shapes and relative locations are not necessarily exactly as shown.

Not sure why the picture is so small... You can click on it and open it though to see the details.

Thank yo so much for this Spryllino!

Last edited:
Claims and Signing-Up.

Claims are closed. Feel free to request a position on the waiting list if you would like to join.

Last edited:
Descending order of preference
D'Glace: Steadily increasing ties to the church, trying to shuck its sinful past
Li Halan: Fist of the Pantokrater, serving them and knowing their place in their Great Plan, even when the Church itself might stray
Remillard: WOOO! PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

1. House Hazat. It was a duel. This is why they were made: to duel, and in that combat, to shake the pillars of the universe.

2. House Azgheya. Thoughtlessness is the natural state of things and the mistake of amateurs is in the thinking. Remove the thoughts inside your skull and all that shall be left are things that ponder deeply consequential and important matters such as survival.

3. House Hawkwood. Royalty is continuous cutting motion.

Last edited:
1) House Azgheya: A simplicity of Spirit and Purpose leads to a purity of soul
2) House al-Malik: While others may play with their petty trapings of wealth, we understand the true power of cold, hard, cash. We are lions, and you, you all are sheep.
3) House Remillard: Bin, Osti, on sait fair la fete, nous!

(@ork75 @Jehoshua )

Last edited:
1) House Li Halan - To God is the Glory
2) House Decados - Knowledge is Power
3) House Hawkwood - To lead is to serve

1. House al-Malik: Consider the magpie: a flash of pure white in the deep green of the wood. Can you know what she has taken to build her nest?
2. House Van Geldar: Corporate wants those reports in by Monday, you hear?
3. House D'Glace: A tree is as great as the impossibility of its growth.

1. House Van Geldar: Remember the Golden Rule: He who has the gold, makes the rules.
2. House al-Malik: Hokey religions and ancient beliefs are no match for a good lazgun at your side, kids...and the sooner everyone else embraces that, the sooner we can move of to this dark age.
3. House Hawkwood: As the years grind by, we have defended our people with blood and iron and we are honored to have done so. A darkness spreads across humanity, and it our duty to act as a bastion against it.

Interest post.

1) Remillard: if live is short then why waste it? Joy is the success of live! If you must test yourself then do so with a audience, for our joy is your joy. Why not come and enjoy a banquet as we watch the play, while admiring the poems we wrote about the recent Hezart dual we had the pleasure of watching? You will love our molten chocolate fondants, served with the most exotic of fruits! Of course this will be a good opportunity to talk on how to keep and your rivals from hitting each other; war can be fun but we prefer one competes in sports. We know both you and your foes secret war plans and have concluded you would be much better off making wrestling matches rather than bloodbath.

2) The Hezart: en garde! Let us challenge our might proper through the true warrior means of a dual! Tis our duty to guard the realm through might, through that is the foundation of history. Through honor and valor we will make our prestige, just as great warriors past arisen to forge grand houses and empires. May the warrior halls be fall of joys of drink and tales, as our bands bond in their march to the tales of sagas!

3) Van Gelder: what ill you speak of? We treat our serfs well! These are happy peasants! they are actors: please keep on the tour we arrange for you We are totally without dissent any will be "invited to tea" and our nobility are among the most pious! Church taxes can always be shifted towards ourselves... We our most humble servants of the Empire! who we will take hold once we deal with the fools... We do not lie twice

(No particular order of preference, am happy to play any of these)

House Azgheya - I am the End and the End is We. I am the End and the End is We. I am the End and the End is We. I am the End and the End is We. I am the End and the End is We. I am the End and the End is We. I am the End and the End is We. I am the End and the End is We. &c.

House Remillard - You look tired and nervous. Come inside, join me for a drink! Let us discuss what troubles you, or we can forget about it. Your decision. No, no, there is nothing to fear. Can't you see the happy place we've painted upon the wall?

House Hawkwood - We've created a world more perfect than even your dreams. And you know your place in it.

What is a fading sun?

What is a fading sun?
In the original RPG, the suns are fading and the Known Worlds are cooling. This is happening here a bit, and strengthens the church, but not a lot.

Last edited:
  1. House Hawkwood. We shall expand our efforts to crush criminality wherever it may reside, whether it be criminal guilds to foul pirates. It is our duty as nobles to destroy these savage fiends and keep our people safe.
  2. The Hazat. Things have become too stagnant and boring. If the chaotic thrills of life do not find us than we must make our own entertainment.
  3. House Van Gelder. Profit, profit, profit. Nothing else matters. Those other fools throw their money away on the foolish trappings of nobility and on pet projects. The nobility will fall with time, but our services will always be in demand.

I'd potentially be interested in joining, having enjoyed your last one - and would be happy to take any faction you like. But I see you have nine players now, so I suppose I will lurk.

I'd potentially be interested in joining, having enjoyed your last one - and would be happy to take any faction you like. But I see you have nine players now, so I suppose I will lurk.
Feel free to list factions.

I don't feel that just because players are busy on the weekend and can't sign up first doesn't mean they shouldn't get a chance to play. I'll try to give everyone an equal chance to join if they want to (by selecting randomly and placing others on a wait list). I'll close sign-ups on Tuesday at 6pm EST.

Ah. Well, in that case, I suppose my first choice is House Hawkwood: I've always enjoyed playing an open-handed and diplomatic game, and would take pleasure in having an excuse to be slightly arrogant and patrician. My second choice would be House al-Malik: I see lots of opportunities for scheming and being generally mercurial. My third choice would be House Van Geldar; I would firmly maintain their cynical attitude to things, expanding the house's wealth and power ruthlessly while maintaining relations with the church and other houses.

But when I say that I'm happy to take any house, I mean it: do feel free to give me any house that's convenient.

Wew, I see I'm a bit late.

1. Great House Van Gelder - "The struggle of the many is but pleasure for the few."
2. Great House Azgheya - "Rooted within tradition, branching towards the stars."
3. Hazat - "The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

Last edited:
Top Bottom