Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

I have one more exception, see screenshot.
I also have a save game that can reproduce the ForceScreenRedraw Unidentifiable C++ Exception.

Load the save, then try to hover your pointer over the ghostwalker just north of Hyol(the city southeast, without any culture). You will get the exception.

Won't crash for me, but I see that one of the Ghostwalkers has an immobile timer, so I assume he is casting a delayed spell. Pretty sure I haven't actually applied the latest patch to my backup version, so I'll guess that this one is the error already fixed with display for delayed spells.

Won't crash for me, but I see that one of the Ghostwalkers has an immobile timer, so I assume he is casting a delayed spell. Pretty sure I haven't actually applied the latest patch to my backup version, so I'll guess that this one is the error already fixed with display for delayed spells.

It is not crashing, just the Python Error.
It could be that, since it is on the UpdateHelpStrings. I also noticed that I wouldn't get the error for many turns. It may be because for many turns I didn't have any unit casting Mend Nature. Now it does make sence.

Glad to hear it is fixed already :).

Korina is not a councelor. You have forgotten to research the Tech for the fourth councelor.

Oh... that might be the cause then...
What tech is it?

Pelemoc... Currency. Check - will try that. I hope Alcinus stays with me for another 4 turns.

Thank you.

Besides that - not sure if it has been mentioned before.
Everytime I mouseover a Ghostwalker that amidst the mend Nature spell, a python exception pops up.
When needed, I can deliver a screenshot.

Unable to start playing the Modmod :(

I've played several games of Fall from heaven (I've got the last version of it) and discovered of this "suculent" modmod, so I went to the download thread and got Fall further 050 and the patch E, having FFH already installed I proceeded to install first the Modmod and then the patch.

Now my problem, once the game starts i got to the nice starting screen (lava fires and ruins, quite nice) but, there's no starting menu, nowere to click to start the game.

I even tried to click in the areas where the buttons should be (a clear sign os desperation) but of course it just didn't work.

¿Any clue?

Unable to start playing the Modmod :(

I've played several games of Fall from heaven (I've got the last version of it) and discovered of this "suculent" modmod, so I went to the download thread and got Fall further 050 and the patch E, having FFH already installed I proceeded to install first the Modmod and then the patch.

Now my problem, once the game starts i got to the nice starting screen (lava fires and ruins, quite nice) but, there's no starting menu, nowere to click to start the game.

I even tried to click in the areas where the buttons should be (a clear sign os desperation) but of course it just didn't work.

¿Any clue?

Not one that I'm aware of, but I'd guess you've got the language set as Spanish, which means we probably have a problem in our Spanish TXT_KEYs (so the in-game text isn't appearing). Can you confirm the language setting, then I'll try to track it down...?

Did not expect such a fast answer.
Yes is in spanish, it's a small issue with FFH as i get som text in english and then some translated resources or adjetives [like +2 because you are "bueno" instead of good]
BTW, should you need a hand with spanish translation I guess I can help.

Khad's Intolerant trait is not functioning as advertised. It does keep him from adopting a state religion, but does not prevent him from researching religious techs or founding holy cities. Religion also still passively spreads to his cities (but it was one that I founded, if that makes a difference).

There is a long time error here that I posted on the FFH forum.

Whenever you want to attack a unit belonging to a civ that has the barbarian trait with a HN unit, you cannot get the combat odds.

For example, it's VERY annoying when you are at war with Charadon and wanting to attack with the HN Hill Giant Stooges.

Patch E, still getting a MAF whenever I try Dowsing. After following Vehem's advice in the MAF workaround thread, this is the only time I still get them, aside from when loading a game without completely exiting.

Patch E, also. I just completed dowsing in Monarch difficulty,Huge map, Standart time with no problems. See screenshot. And it is pretty late in the game, however haven't researched blasting powder yet. As you can see, gunpowder is clearly visible. Perhaps you run more modmods? Mine is only FF, no other modmod installed.

@Valkrionn & any other person with MAFs on dowsing.

If you wish, you can try this save game. After you press enter dowsing will be completed. In my computer(with the /3GB switch), I do not get a MAF. If you also don't get a MAF with this save, then it should be a game setting. I play with the default settings.

If you still get a MAF, and have more modmods active, you could try removing these and try again with the same save. If it still gives a MAF, then it is perhaps the virtual memory file or another OS specific setting that should be fixed.

I hope this will help identifying a cause for some of the MAFs, at least.

I got this in my last .50d game. This is my first .50e game.

I'm not at peace with the barbs. I kill the barb defenders and move my units in to the barb city, but nothing happens. Next turn along comes a Hippus Horseman and takes the city. :confused:

havent seen it mentioned for a while, so:
playing patch e, you will still lose "new random seed on reload" once you reload.

btw it seems "random" outcomes (battle results, goody huts, etc) are precalculated for the next 3 turns (-> the time between 2 autosaves). are they (meant to)?

minor flavour/balancing thing: the infernals will lose population when struck by the body mana or pop losing event. the plague hits the old and the children worst..? they are friggin demons, they eat children :p

and since i havent posted for ages: great changes! i love FF even more than before^^

Top Bottom