Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

Not sure if this is a FF or FFH problem but I noticed that having my hawk "scout" from my gianthunter made the game crash, I tried making it "scout" from the city and again the game crashed... hardly ever use hawks so its no biggie but still might as well make people aware of it so something may be done about it.

Btw. as a long time FFH fan I must say this is a real nice modmod...

Not sure if this is a FF or FFH problem but I noticed that having my hawk "scout" from my gianthunter made the game crash, I tried making it "scout" from the city and again the game crashed... hardly ever use hawks so its no biggie but still might as well make people aware of it so something may be done about it.

Btw. as a long time FFH fan I must say this is a real nice modmod...

There was a problem with that in Patch M which should be fixed in Patch N - basically happens whenever you use the Recon mission in that particular patch.

What version of FF are you using, jselsmark?

Cheers mates, the download said patch M but I downloaded it from the frontpage believing it was just a cosmetic error, might try it again to see if I really did only download patch M and not N as the link was supposed to. (but I can see that there has already been a discussion about this on the thread so I'm guessing it's fixed)

[to_xp]Gekko;7931999 said:
last time I checked Chalid was missing Pillar of fire btw ( it said it was only available to repentant angels IIRC ) , not sure if it's still true. that was with patch G I believe.

I have to agree, Chalid was a juggernauth. Now I rather go for anything else.

Little question here. Is there a random event that can give a civ a big enough boost to culture that will sky rocket a city to legendary culture? I ask as I'm playing a marathon game latest patch, about 500 turns in (which on marathon is still quite early days especially playing defensive like I do. Adonis a calabim city just was reported as reaching legendary status. I checked the victory board and it shows the culture points as being 21474836 points with the closest rival being a city of mine at 3991. The closest Ai city is around the 1000 points mark. This leaves me bewildered as I haven't seen that many great bards pop according to the great person pop up, and even if they did somehow pop many bards I'm sure it would take a hell of a lot of them to reach such a huge number... or am I mistaken? I checked the city via world builder and its population level 3, with a monument and a carnival but thats it. The number they reached just seems astronomically high... Could it be a bug?

Just went back a couple of turns via autosave and found out the increase happened when the city was captured by the cabalim, as it was a Blaseraph city originally. The turn they conquer the city the culture value skyrockets for some reason.

I checked the victory board and it shows the culture points as being 21474836 points with the closest rival being a city of mine at 3991. The closest Ai city is around the 1000 points mark.

This number is significant. I believe it's the max value for a long integer.
Sounds like a math error somewhere in the code. It's almost certainly a bug.

Little question here. Is there a random event that can give a civ a big enough boost to culture that will sky rocket a city to legendary culture? I ask as I'm playing a marathon game latest patch, about 500 turns in (which on marathon is still quite early days especially playing defensive like I do. Adonis a calabim city just was reported as reaching legendary status. I checked the victory board and it shows the culture points as being 21474836 points with the closest rival being a city of mine at 3991. The closest Ai city is around the 1000 points mark. This leaves me bewildered as I haven't seen that many great bards pop according to the great person pop up, and even if they did somehow pop many bards I'm sure it would take a hell of a lot of them to reach such a huge number... or am I mistaken? I checked the city via world builder and its population level 3, with a monument and a carnival but thats it. The number they reached just seems astronomically high... Could it be a bug?

Just went back a couple of turns via autosave and found out the increase happened when the city was captured by the cabalim, as it was a Blaseraph city originally. The turn they conquer the city the culture value skyrockets for some reason.

This number is significant. I believe it's the max value for a long integer.
Sounds like a math error somewhere in the code. It's almost certainly a bug.

It's similar to the value (might be truncated, the actual max is 2,147,483,647) - do you have an autosave with that one? Sounds overflow-ish to me and it's always good to track those down as they tend to lead to CtDs...

Hmm, my thoughts so far on the latest patch. Patch N.

Barbarian Archers can now pelt my scouts to death, which makes exploring nigh impossible to do without micromanaging the scouts themselves. I do not like micromanagement hell. :)

Two, and a little less annoying, mushroom event can spawn in the city square, which makes it useless. :)
Three, should republic make the changing time take a lot longer? I don't know, it doesn't quite seem right.

Also, Orthus just got killed by your friendly spider tribe. Archothis. Gah! He was killed by a tribesman. Who now will take a small nuke to kill. :)
Also, they seem to spawn in every game I have so far, and they are very annoying.

Worker boats can't be automated like workers. You might want to look at that. It's happened for a long time.

Oh, and a treasure chest seems to have disappeared 4 turns after it was created. Stupid pirate.

Drown still don't count as military units for a city. That's starting to get very annoying.
The land of peace for the Dural have literally spawned half a dozen of great prophets and sages. Seriously, no AI should be that lucky within 200 turns. They are actually higher than I am on the power scale. :(

Argh. I'm in 4th place, and no matter what I do, I can't get above it...
Also, if you retire, you are defeated. This doesn't happen in Vanilla BTS, I think.
Anyway, it shouldn't nuke you to last place on the main screen thing.

Two, and a little less annoying, mushroom event can spawn in the city square, which makes it useless. :)

Your city tile is getting 1 more food than before. Seriously.

Argh. I'm in 4th place, and no matter what I do, I can't get above it...
Also, if you retire, you are defeated. This doesn't happen in Vanilla BTS, I think.
Anyway, it shouldn't nuke you to last place on the main screen thing.

In every version of Civ I have played (starting in 1992?), Retiring meant Defeat. Retire is how you say you concede. If you don't want it to count as a concession, then Quit - but you won't see the scores and map. Your choice. ;)

Thanks Jim, I didn't know that. I feel stupid. :)

Xien? Really? Wouldn't that mean almost all Scion units not work, almost all Calabim units not work? Seriously? I must be missing something.

I guess I can't complain, although they should qualify as something besides dead cannon fodder. :)

Also, no need to be pithy.

Thanks Jim, I didn't know that. I feel stupid. :)

Xien? Really? Wouldn't that mean almost all Scion units not work, almost all Calabim units not work? Seriously? I must be missing something.

I guess I can't complain, although they should qualify as something besides dead cannon fodder. :)

Also, no need to be pithy.

Calabim don't have undead units beyond anything normal civs have.
And Pyre zombies don't provide happiness either.

Not sure about the Scions. Perhaps they're an exception.

Um, the Calabim have Vampires? Which are undead?

Maybe I'm messing that up. My bad.
Anyway, ignore that.

Now, about work boats, and the treasure chest that disappeared. :(
Seriously, if it didn't get stolen by a cheating A.I, it must have been killed by a mountain.

Erebus Vampires aren't undead. They are just gifted.

Are you sure the chest is gone, and not just out of sight? Pretty sure that they were granted both Blind and NeverHostile tags, so it should be impossible for any other Civ to attack them, but if you cannot see the tile they are on (due to a different unit or territory) you cannot see the chest.

Calabim are evil vampires, but not risen-from-the-dead-bram-stoker vampires.

IIRC, the blood drinking thing is the physical part of a ritual that actually steals the victim's soul, not just blood.

My mistake. :)

Need to go beat up Kael then. Kidding!

Um, the treasure chest completely disappeared. Even World Builder refused to show it. I even looked all over where that chest should have been. A couple of peaks, several forests, etc, but no bloody treasure chest at all.

Oh, well, I'm starting a new game anyway.

Top Bottom