Fall Patch

Aspyr Ryan, do you mind telling us when the patch will be released for the MAC App Store before I officially give up this game

It should be soon, I think.

I noticed last night when I launched the game that the splash screen shows the number two in a red circle for in-app purchases. Since I already have all the DLCs and add-ons, it must be the new stuff is available, but not yet downloadable or something. So I'm thinking soon.

I, too, am getting restless.

This is what is pissing me off. Ever since 3 weeks since the original release of the Patch, I have been EXTREMELY disappointed with Aspyr, and I don't play CIV 5 anymore and now I play Red Crucible 2 instead

I don't think this has anything to do with Aspyr (it's the same patch on Steam or the Apple Store). AFAIK this is entirely Apple, and a much longer/convoluted approval process for adding/updating things to the Apple Store.

I just downloaded the fall patch from the App Store. I've noticed that after the install in the game that when I move my curser to the top or bottom, my top bar and dock appear, respectably. This is pretty annoying, especially when dealing with another civilization and I haven't found a way to disable this.

Does this have a solution and has anyone else experienced this? I'm using a Macbook Pro, NVIDIA 320M card with 8GB memory, 10.9.1 version of Mavericks.

I don't have a Macbook, but I have a tower and 23-inch Apple display. I get the same thing--but I really have to move my cursor beyond the upper and lower margins of the display. And I'm talking about really (and I mean really) moving my cursor beyond those points.

No advice on Macbook Pros, unfortunately.

Personally-I do like it that I can finally check my email and stuff now while in full-screen mode. But again--for me it's not just a matter of my cursor being near the edge of the screen. For me, it takes effort.

I've always played in a window anyway, precisely so that I can access other stuff on a second screen. So I see no change.

I sent a message to Aspyr support yesterday so hopefully I should get an answer to this soon.

It was, thank god, released 2 days ago :D

The poster was referring to the menu/dock issue in full screen mode.

And don't get your hopes up. There appears to be a problem running mods in the new AppStore version.

Hooray! ;)
The "fall" patch is finally here for the Mac app store version.
I think for Civ VI I'll have to get the Steam version.

:clap:The new patch is great. playing right now as japan and its real fun. AI seems to be a bit smarter. They trade more often and it seems to me in my first game that they prioritize science a bit more. Only complaint is what is stated above but besides that the patch is great. BTW is the scramble DLC's worth the money??

Top Bottom