Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

Have fun all you want with Fakeout three. As for just a different play style, no, not even close. They totally changed what the universe was about. For example, the Brotherhood of Steel was NOT a crusading organization. They were secretive, small, and technology hoarding. Not out to save the wastelands as Fakeout three changed them into.

And they addressed that in-game with the scism of the Brotherhood. A lot of the Brotherhood members disagreed with Elder Lyon's plan to save the Capital Wasteland and took a bunch of weapons and armor and left to continue their mission of salvaging technology. They became the Brotherhood Outcasts because while the Brotherhood disagreed with Lyon's decision and cut off support, they still recognized him as the leader of the DC chapter.

I actually think it was a good plot device as it makes the Brotherhood seem more like a real human society, with dissenters and it's own internal struggles instead of a monolithic collective where everyone thinks and believes the exact same thing.

Yup, I am having the autoproduction errors others have listed, as well as a partially blanked civilopedia. I also can't seem to get to quite a few of the units I was expecting to. Also the buildings don't seem right in a few places- the description for the Geothermal Complex makes it seem like it is a wonder, adding a geothermal power plant to all cities on the continent, but instead it is just an improvement that adds 1 culture and 1 happy face, no production, but apparently has the "Replace all others with this flag" turned on...

Personally I find this mod rather easy once the nests are cleared, but I think this is because everything is jumbled up in this version. I remember it being much harder. Having all my cities generate those mutie rocket launchers early on let me take over half the map pretty quickly...

New Vegas is actually pretty good, and I think does find that balance between the old lore and a new style of playing. While I kind of enjoyed FO3, I agree it was not true Fallout. Kind of like the 1998 American Godzilla and the Terminator series - an interesting but subpar and slightly blasphemous sidetrack that you can enjoy if it isn't the new direction of the true lore.

Anyways, I really hope someone can either upload the latest version or repair this one...

Been gone for awhile but came back to civ3 and remebered this mod. So I redownloaded it and have also experiencing the autoproduction and civilopedia problems and was wondering if some one has an fixed version.

Hey there, really love the mod. Is work still being done on it? The problems I've encountered are:
- Crashing when I try to play the Enclave
- Spawning Super Mutants with Rocket Launchers rather than Shotgunners, like the people a while back
- Northern Tribes for some reason start out with Mk. 2 Power Armor, which means game over if they happen to wander your way. Far-Go Traders have a similar issue, though with a weaker ''Sarge'' Power Armor unit.
- Every faction except for Mutants and Northern Tribes seem to never really expand, Enclave and Vault City especially.
- Probably not an error, but the Super Mutants had an ungodly large amount of Eye Bots which moved in huge stacks which took forever to load.

Hello! I just stop here to say 3 things:

1. great mod :goodjob: A bit small and seem unfinished but nonetheless offers a lot of fun

2. Same question as in the previous post: does this great mod still in progress? When or if ever there will be final version? (I've notice that latest post in this topic are quite fresh, from 2011 but there isn't lot a traffic in this thread so: Is fallout-mod is dead, alive or wandering somwhere between life and death???)

3. "Bethmonster" sucks!!! F2+1 rules! (However: I spent some time with New Vegas and I think it is quite a fun; It is of cource still as unplayble without mods as F3 [or Fakeout as Thor said] but it is somehow nostalgic; to visit good, old wastelands once again - but in 3D this time)

EDIT: Ohh, BTW, are there any other maps for this mod than the one in the original files??? Like: bigger maps? (As I said - mod is great but map is a little "claustrophobic"); I already downloaded Old West map from database and reworked it in the manner that fits the wastelands (also add some stuff from decased Van Buren, since some of the places from Old West are similar to play-space of this never published F2,5), but I was wandering is there any map that don't require a lot of work and refit???

The mod looks cool and everything, although I wish it only encompassed Fallout 1. Fallout 2 and 3 are just plain awful and broke the setting in numerous ways. New Vegas sort of got things back on track but is still inferior to Fallout 1. So yeah, looks good except Fallout 2+ junk.

To Mr Thorgrimm
As an aficionado of the original Fallout had to say thanks for making this piece of modding excellence. Downloaded this few years back and it was exactly what I needed then.
Best wishes

newb question here, but does the fact that this is posted in "completed modpacks" mean that the holes in the civilopedia won't be filled in the forseeable future?

A new version'll eventually come out. Read the thread.

A new version'll eventually come out. Read the thread.

What do you mean by that? Is Thor still working on the mod? I was under impression that all those falloutmod thread are, well, dead, since Thor last activity at CivFanatics was on May 16, 2011.

A read about some updates for mod, but can't find anything, nor in this thread eighter only some "Edit: link/post deleted" enties here and there...
There were some posts about units like wasteland truck and corvega or over 200x200 map but i find nothing of this in that download I get from World of the gunny forum.

Last year I downloaded this and worked to correct a number of the issues (such as mutants spawning and the buildings being a little mixed up). I played a couple games on diety and had a good time, but would really like to see this little gem polished up and completed.

Has anyone heard from Thorgrimm in the past couple years?

Couple months late, but not at all. Kind of sad considering the fact that I've been waiting for years to see some progress on this mod as I'm a huge Fallout fan. :(

Well, this is the thread for completed modpacks.

If anybody still looks at this thread I am having trouble with it crashing I am playing as the Ghouls when the buildings Ghoul Library, G-Scavengers Market and Wooden Pallisades are at one the game crashes is there any way to fix it form doing that.

Top Bottom