FAQ for Civ5 players with Mac computers

How would I know? I have no inside track with Aspyr/Firaxis.

And "shouting" my name won't get an answer any faster.

First post updated to note version 1.0.3.70 Windows version incompatibility.

First post updates to include the newly released Steam version 1.0.3.80, compatible with the current Windows version.

The usual screenshot options in MacOS work as normal. I use cmd-shift-3 or 4 for whole screen or selection, with or without the control key to put it on the clipboard or desktop.

You can also use cmd-tab to switch to Preview if it's running in the background, and use the File->Screenshot options in Preview.

Version 1.0.3.142 has been released on Steam for Windows, to include the Fall Patch. This means cross platform play will not be possible until the Mac version is updated.

I'll update the first post ASAP.

Version 1.0.3.142 has been released on Steam for Mac, to include the Fall Patch. This means cross platform play is now possible.

The AppStore version is still at an old version - 1.0.3.18, and is not save or play-compatible with the current Steam versions.

The first post has been updated.

The Steam versions of Civ5 for both Mac and Windows have been updated to version 1.0.3.144 today. Changes include Chinese localisation, and some multi-player updates.

Still no sign of the AppStore version being updated. It's now about four versions out of date.

I've updated the first post.

The ApStore version for Mac (Campaign Edition) has been updated to version 1.0.3.114. It is currently compatible with the Steam Mac and Windows versions.

However, it appears to have broken mod compatibility.

I've updated the first post.

First post updated.

The Steam versions for Mac and Windows have both been updated to 1.0.3.276. As far as I know this update has not yet been released for the App Store version.

Hi after a long time

I have a strange problem: I join a PBEM (we share hot seat saves via a web tool) I am the only Mac user. The map was created with "Scrambled Continents" and the other "Scrambled..." DLC activated. I too have both of them activated, but I can't load the save on my Mac, just on a PC.
Does anyone of the cracks here around have any idea for solving that?

I include a save here, the password is "rimisak"

Attachments

• PBEM 258-5-2-127-savegame.Civ5Save
    899.4 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Top Bottom