Final Fixes Reborn

Gamebreaking bug for the mekara. Summoning battle sluga (via the city spell) spawns an infinite ammount of these units causing the game to crash and lock up.

Additionally, and a potential balance issue, is that the spells to upgrade to sluga have no resource cost, making their world spell rather pointless. In fact the whole mechanic - being able to turn familiars to slaves to battle sluga for free, is both counterintuitive to their slave generation promotions, and seems incredibly broken, since 40 production (non military for better or worse) equates to strength 5 (rank 3 weapon limit) units. I seem to recall in an earlier iteration that familiars couldn't be upgraded to slaves, and there was a gold cost to turn slaves to sluga, and sluga to battle sluga.

Is there some other restriction I'm missing? Hard to test when the game crashes upon getting the ability to create these units.

As a side note I found the source of one problem with the sidar. Their racial promotion is only applied to living units and farmers aren't alive 0.o The fix is relatively simple I think. Remove the living restriction and instead deny the promotion to siege units. This doesn't fix heroes, but it's probably better to adjust their sight values instead.

Additionally, and a potential balance issue, is that the spells to upgrade to sluga have no resource cost, making their world spell rather pointless. In fact the whole mechanic - being able to turn familiars to slaves to battle sluga for free, is both counterintuitive to their slave generation promotions, and seems incredibly broken, since 40 production (non military for better or worse) equates to strength 5 (rank 3 weapon limit) units

...and that is precisely why I didn't have them upgrade in the RifE version. One of many things that I and MaxAstro disagree on, no doubt.

Gamebreaking bug for the mekara. Summoning battle sluga (via the city spell) spawns an infinite ammount of these units causing the game to crash and lock up.

Also, normal slugas moving through haunted lands spawns infinite slugas, game crash, and sad me.

There is a bug with the Malakim. The Dunespeakers tech is supposed to grant trade network on desert, but it doesnt. My workers cant build roads and the resources cant be linked up.

Is anybody else having an issue with the start with frozen world option? A tile with an improvement doesnt continue to transform, instead remaining ice etc. Roads dont seem to affect it though, only the other stuff. I am using the tectonics map

Is there some issue with treants? I'm currently in a war with the elves and I was just attacked by about 5 treants, which made me suspicious...so entered the world builder. She has about 50 (okay, I might be exaggerating but pretty much every tile she owns has one) of them.
Maybe the original, just for one turn was a bit little, but having them stay forever can't be the solution either. If it isn't some sort of bug.

How's the AI coming along? I haven't been paying much attention lately, but I love this modmod just the AI were just to stupid in research, production, and war...

Is there some issue with treants? I'm currently in a war with the elves and I was just attacked by about 5 treants, which made me suspicious...so entered the world builder. She has about 50 (okay, I might be exaggerating but pretty much every tile she owns has one) of them.
Maybe the original, just for one turn was a bit little, but having them stay forever can't be the solution either. If it isn't some sort of bug.

well, ljosalfar's world spell will make one treant on every ljos's forest tile or something like that and they will last for 5 turns

also, stepping on ancient forest in hostile lands have some chance to spawn a treant

Oh, wow, I guess I should diversify more with what Civs I play.
The treants that spwan, do they stay forever?

Treants aren't supposed to last forever, unless summoned by a divine caster with nature III. If they haven't expired within a few turns it is 'probably' a bug. It's possible it was a balance change, though I don't really think it's for the better if so.

I remember, that the last time I played Svarfs I had a treant spawn, naturally, from a forest. At least as far as I could tell, it didn't have a time counter, you know, something like 100% chance to unsummon at the end of the turn, I remember that this was the way it was handled back in RifE...anyway.

On a sidenote: Playing with PME against the Amurites and Calabim...and create an army (well, 8) of Hero Vampire Lords and Brujahs that start with Dragonslaying, Shadow I and Chaos I...and 4 vampiric Battlemages going down the Elemental Mastery > Destructor route...and they're all led by level 15 Commanders, because sidequests, **** YEAH!

There is a bug with the Malakim. The Dunespeakers tech is supposed to grant trade network on desert, but it doesnt. My workers cant build roads and the resources cant be linked up.

I just played a game with the Malakim and I had no problem with this issue. Sure, you can't build roads on the desert nor do the deserts give you road movement bonuses, but as long as you have a line of desert tiles from the (improved) resource to your capital they should be linked.

#180 on your bug list, where the event says you find Sheut Stone but you get Marble: I suspect you're getting Sheut but - not being on hell terrain - it converts to Marble before you see it.

Test: take an evil Civ, get the AC up to 50(??), go into the WB, set half your territory to hell and plant a bunch of Quarries - some with Sheut and some with Marble in both types of terrain. Then end the turn. Or have no-resource Quarries and set idiscover to 1 if you want the event.

You get a similar situation when you discover other hell resources on non-hell territory and (more often) conversely.

Jordal, try beginning a game by choosing "Play now" from the main menu. You can exit it immediately, but start the game at turn 0, and see if the techs are still blocked.

Hi A Moon I am getting a similar issue to Jordal. Leaves and Order are always red and not selectable whichever power I play.

I don't really understand your suggestion :confused:

If I choose play now they are red. If I save and quit then load the game they are still red :(

That's odd.

Just to confirm, this is definitely a "play now" game and not a custom game? And it's only those two technologies that you can't research? If it were all of them I'd think maybe you'd been given a civ that can't research them, but there's no civ that only blocks those two.

The only other solution I can think of would be to reinstall the mod. Perhaps someone else can help more.

That's odd.

Just to confirm, this is definitely a "play now" game and not a custom game? And it's only those two technologies that you can't research? If it were all of them I'd think maybe you'd been given a civ that can't research them, but there's no civ that only blocks those two.

The only other solution I can think of would be to reinstall the mod. Perhaps someone else can help more.

I know there used to be a "restrict religion" option back in, if I'm remembering correctly, the original FFH2 that you could use to permanently disable certain religions. I think that option was removed in the modmods sometime before RifE, but maybe there's some leftover bits and pieces left that can meddle with certain installs?

Choosing "play now" is meant to clear those options.

What's the resource(es) that isn't/aren't being connected?

Top Bottom