Final Fixes Reborn

At the end of the day, OO just slightly better at fighting near seas and way worse at everything else.

No, they are dramatically more powerful in coastal conflicts. It's just that without those conflicts they're, as you say, way worse and, also as you say, coastal conflicts are quite a gamble. One you generally lose against humans.

rocklikeafool said:
How big are your armies that you need the massive economic support of RoK? FfH (and its modmods) are not designed for the human player to be building massive armies

On Deity and playing any civ without 0-maintenance or limited cities, it's a tremendous advantage being able to run at or near 100% research. Even at lower difficulties, surplus gold pays for unit upgrades, AI bribes, mass-purchase of equipment like healing potions or plate, and expensive events.

Interesting stuff here. My general religious play style is as most very dependent on the civ I'm using, but I generally prefer to compliment strengths than use religion to improve a weakness.

OO - Most of you guys mentioned some of the better benefits. I usually take them if I'm going for a strong coastal game, but that's only the initial strength. With my play style I find my greatest strength is the ability to convert slaves into lunatics. It gives a near inexhaustible supply of fresh units if you have either a slave making civ like mekara and/or add slavery civic. Nerve stapling in a high food city is also very sweet for creating an industrial powerhouse. Reduced cost to upgrade or a strong economy also helps maintain the stream of crazies.

RoK - Obviously has some strong civics, gold production, decent hero's, a melee unit that can double as a limited worker and is ideal for dwarven civs. Combine it with the obvious Khazad and watch the vault swell to the delight of your god king capital for uber production.

AV - The best choice when the world is going to hell anyway and you want to ride that train into the victor station. Stigmata ftw.

CoE - As I mentioned earlier. With a decent economy and if my civs prefered research line takes me toward it. I sometimes grab it and go for a religious victory since it can be spread so quickly. It can be a bit lackluster otherwise, but not a complete waste. Usually when I don't need extra happiness they are a more viable option.

FoL- Combines best with elves, but is quite viable when you have a lot of forests you don't chop away and/or could use the boost to health and happiness from the civics/forests combo. The only weakness I see is the moderate time it usually takes to get to lumbermills to max forest tiles usefulness. Charm from dryads is nice too and a good early deterrent if you have doom stacks wondering around you can't swallow whole.

I confess I haven't used WH or Emp much, but that would be partially due to how WH is virtually an illian only religion given the changes to the surrounding environs. Blinding stacks from Emp sounds nice, but is it much better than charm? Aren't mages' resistant to it as much as charm?

The main problem with Empy is that their disciples do not upgrades (except to priests, of course), while Disciple of leaves upgrade to rangers, Acolytes to crusaders, Thanes to paramanders, zealots to Stygians and Savants to mages...

Make the ecclesiastic upgrade to Radiant and nobody will consider empy as a weak religion. With a stockpile of altars, Dies, a command post and the proper civics it would be possible to build ecclesiatics that can be upgraded to immortals without fighting. And with a spiritual leader, they have mobility and medic for free. (and they can cast Blinding Light!)

BTW aren't spiritual leaders supposed to have no anarchy? It does not seem to work as expected in Ashes...

Right, I've taken a look through the bugs and pages, and unless my eyes deceive me, nobody else is having this issue.

When I try to unpack the downloaded package, I get ~2100 "unrecognized compression method" errors, I tried with 3 separate uncompressing services (7zip, winzip, Ezip) all with the same result.

Checking around the site, it appears this problem stems from a bad upload or download, I downloaded it again, to the same effect.

Can you please check the current upload, and see if it is working properly? I'd really like to play this, I've sunk 4600 hours into RifE and its associated mods, and would really like to try this one.

Thanks

*edit* I should also ask if the RifE civic mod is compatible with this, I'm not sure I can go back to the simplicity of the vanilla civics

Right, I've taken a look through the bugs and pages, and unless my eyes deceive me, nobody else is having this issue.

When I try to unpack the downloaded package, I get ~2100 "unrecognized compression method" errors, I tried with 3 separate uncompressing services (7zip, winzip, Ezip) all with the same result.

Checking around the site, it appears this problem stems from a bad upload or download, I downloaded it again, to the same effect.

Can you please check the current upload, and see if it is working properly? I'd really like to play this, I've sunk 4600 hours into RifE and its associated mods, and would really like to try this one.

Thanks

*edit* I should also ask if the RifE civic mod is compatible with this, I'm not sure I can go back to the simplicity of the vanilla civics

Just to double-check: can you give me the link you used? I've downloaded the link given on the rife thread and it works fine (as in ashes of erebus).

Well apparently I can't post a link, but its the one on the first page

Not trying to be funny but have you tried with Winrar?
I tried just now with 7zip and winzip but they decompress normally (ok, winzip takes a little longer).
Failing that have you downloaded the file to say your desktop or downloaded files on my documents? I know sometimes if downloaded to the temp files folder and decompressed from there gives some errors because the file string is huge.

The file on the server is still the same size as the save on my PC: 790 431 383 bytes
1) Is the file on your drive the same size?
2) Did you compare one of the checksums provided on the download page? (when you click on "i")

Code:
SHA1 033cb3688d745c213227bab6f4dabb341234f6fd
MD5 e8cf96bf3602b5b697b87c6daf8f365c

Example of software used to calculate checksums:
http://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility/

PS: I think you can't yet provide a link because you've not enough posts.

I just tried with winrar, same result.

And yea, the hash matches.

Also tried downloading directly to the mods folder, and unpacking there, without success.

I had another account (Beleaguered) but I forgot the password, and I don't use the email associated with it anymore.

not wanting to be sound stupid but it seems to me that the previous post was to propose to not use winrar ..
7z files are better opened with 7zip ...

I would use 7zip, regardless of the type of archive file. 7zip even opens .tar.gz or .tar (typically Linux archive formats) on Windows machines. And it's free. Why use Winrar?

not wanting to be sound stupid but it seems to me that the previous post was to propose to not use winrar ..
7z files are better opened with 7zip ...

At no point before his post had I used winrar, therefore, no.

All extractions act the same way, and I have downloaded it 4 times now, matched all hashes, to the same result of ~2100 decompression errors.

I would use 7zip, regardless of the type of archive file. 7zip even opens .tar.gz or .tar (typically Linux archive formats) on Windows machines. And it's free. Why use Winrar?
exactly
At no point before his post had I used winrar, therefore, no.

All extractions act the same way, and I have downloaded it 4 times now, matched all hashes, to the same result of ~2100 decompression errors.
sorry then. I just pointed that the question above was most likely "are you sure you didn't use winrar as it is not a very good tool".
however for your issue, I don't have it.
I suppose it's something on your end, during your download...

i found a problem with the elohim not using their world spell to stop me from capturing their capital quite early in a game, they only had two cities to my one. even when i attacked the last city the ai didn't trigger the spell. end of elohim very quickly...

i found a problem with the elohim not using their world spell to stop me from capturing their capital quite early in a game, they only had two cities to my one. even when i attacked the last city the ai didn't trigger the spell. end of elohim very quickly...
If I recall correctly, the Elohim AI is hardcoded to use Sanctuary only when more than one civilization declares war on them, or something along those lines. I want to say that the Lanun world spell (Raging Seas) and Ljosalfar world spell (March of the Trees) are similarly hardcoded into the AI.

I just saw the AI use march of the trees for the first time in my last game that I just finished. It was timed pretty well too. I was playing as the legion and just about ready to sack their capitol... which in the end gave me the dominaton victory bunch of trees marching or not.. lol they couldn't stand up to all the crap I had summoned.... sorry it was the best legion game I've ever had. lol

Also that one went on long enough that I could see that the AI did hook up the mana nodes this time around... so it really is just a matter of time rather than a glitch. :)

The main problem with Empy is that their disciples do not upgrades (except to priests, of course), while Disciple of leaves upgrade to rangers, Acolytes to crusaders, Thanes to paramanders, zealots to Stygians and Savants to mages...

Make the ecclesiastic upgrade to Radiant and nobody will consider empy as a weak religion. With a stockpile of altars, Dies, a command post and the proper civics it would be possible to build ecclesiatics that can be upgraded to immortals without fighting. And with a spiritual leader, they have mobility and medic for free. (and they can cast Blinding Light!)

BTW aren't spiritual leaders supposed to have no anarchy? It does not seem to work as expected in Ashes...

Radiant Guard upgrade into Paladins and that's really nice because they carry the massive defence boost and the blinding spell over

I agree that Empy could do with something more though, maybe some sort of Utopia civic that is powerful but occasionally falls apart, resulting in turns of anarchy

Top Bottom